Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Signatures

Wonder Woman book signed by Joye Hummel.11857

Collector rick13336 private msg quote post Address this user
I have been doing research on her and found that some had sent items to her to sign, but the story stopped at the 3rd page and I never saw how the sender did. I read that he confirmed they were received and a note sent by her husband saying Joye had them. How did that turn out ? I had sent her two of the exact same books the afore mentioned sender did and received an note from husband saying she was concerned about authorship (signing something she did not write)as she did not write the Villainy story. I was a gasp, after all the research indicated she in fact did, now he said she said no. I have yet to respond, my blood pressure need to drop. The reality is if she is not going to sign them then I am out of luck, I was just surprised that previous request signing the same seems to have gone thru with no problem. Solution anyone ?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
My items were received, all seemed well, and they had stated they would need a little time to get them done. A few days later I received an email stating that Joye had taken a turn medically for the worse, wouldnt be signing anything anytime soon.
Everything i sent appeared to have been hastily tossed back in the box and had apparently never been touched, after being with them a week. They sent the box back fully registered , signature required ...and not one word since.
I was fairly upset over it all...unsure if Joye is okay or not...and sadly at such a huge lost chance so late in her life.
It had been something I put quite a bit of expense and effort and time into and left me feeling quite numb sadly.
I haven't bothered to inquire again how she is or if things calmed down for her. I felt anything I said would be considered another chance to again send her things, which hadn't gone so well the first time out
Post 2 IP   flag post
As for Villainy Inc....she is indeed at least from my research considered the original author of the story.
Perhaps you sent a reprint of the original and that was what they were referring to...but even that couldn't be grounds to dismiss some of the things I sent...
I had sent her Wonder Woman cards, from DC. I also had sent her two orginal wonder woman from her original run on the title, issues 16 and 30 as well, wonder woman , series 1.
Nothing I sent was signed for the record, I still look for something signed by her .
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector rick13336 private msg quote post Address this user
I sent the 2002 Giant 80 page (2). Also another one I forget the year 06 maybe, title is like Who is Wonder Woman. I just thought it would/ could be sign, because now I (we) know that she is a force behind the comic almost at it's conception. Btw when did you send,mine was recent, and I to am bumbed not signing. Collecting these is new for me. I did start did series for my son in 1985, baseball cards as well. I turned them all over to him, once I was sure he understood the why! I digress, I hope Joye is doing good as well. Good hearing from you, thanks.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Mine was months back...when I posted the thread. I would hazard a guess she did not sign due the items being reprints ....these people arent really comic book people and probably don't understand much about our hobby.

I hope she is doing well. I wish I could find a way to get through and change her mind about signing. I had high hopes
Post 5 IP   flag post
600710 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?