Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversCBCS GradedPop CultureSignatures

May the 4th: Show off your Star Wars Comics!11844

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Just as the title says, Show off your Star Wars comics for May 4th!

Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

This next one is special to me. I quoted my post on facebook to explain why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myself in a 2015 facebook post
I got the image of my Star Wars #1 blank cover comic from CBCS yesterday. After my mom passed away in January, a friend of mine from the CBCS Comic Collectors Club on facebook sent me a care package of several comics for me. This Star Wars comic was in there. Another friend of mine in the club was just starting to do commissioned comic book sketches. I decided that I wanted a sketch cover done as a tribute to my mom. I sent him this comic and he sketched Boba Fett and Aurra Sing on the cover for me. He then sent it in to CBCS for grading and encapsulation. While it was being graded, CBCS announced a new program where they would just slab sketched covers comics as many times the book is more about the artwork on the cover then the comic itself. I was able to email CBCS and work with the Director of Operations there. As it turns out, I was able to be the first customer with the Original Art label!! They just finished it yesterday and it will be on it's way back to me shortly. This comic now means so much more to me!!! Now, it is a tribute to my mom, the collectors club, CBCS and friendship!!! I plan on getting a custom frame for it in the future and passing it on, along with the story, to my my kids.

I still haven't gotten a frame for it. LOL
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Yes!!!

Got this hanging on my wall.

I’ve got about 50-ish of the marvel series. I’ve got 3 copies of number 1, so the worst one goes on display.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user

I have the original Marvel series collected in trade paperbacks:

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Eikkichi private msg quote post Address this user
This is my amazing piece by Dave Dorman

Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
HAPPY 4TH, LONG LIVE DARTH VADER!

Post 7 IP   flag post
Almost forgot this one!

It may not be the most impressive commission ever but it is by one of the artists that painted this iconic poster

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
My original Star Wars novel. Somehow this survived my childhood. It actually predates the movie. I remember reading this before it hit the box office.

Post 9 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I almost wish I still had my book report on the novelization of the Empire Strikes Back that I did in the 5th grade for everyone to read.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp

Nice!

I’ve got my Empire novel still. Back before spoiler alerts, I walked into that movie knowing the big secret!

Post 13 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
believe it or not, I love Star Wars but I don't own any Star Wars comics so this is the best I could do.

Post 14 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

CC

CC

CC

mm
Post 15 IP   flag post

CC

mm
Post 16 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I thought this was fitting for today.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Star Wars is literally my largest title and have hundreds more in the Marvel and Dark Horse sub-titles.

Post 18 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Howard Chaykin sketch cover.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort me too. I recently started a figure collection though.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 22 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user

Post 23 IP   flag post

Post 24 IP   flag post

Post 25 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I've only got a few, but I love 'em!

Post 27 IP   flag post

Not a Star Wars comic per se but but clearly inspired

Post 28 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Here are some of my many Star Wars Complete sets. Most all of them are for sale in my hipComic Store
https://www.hipcomic.com/members/selling/browse/open?keywords=Star+wars&submit=Search
Or you can PM me on the board here. All of these books are Super High Grade One Owner Books

Post 29 IP   flag post

CC

mm
Post 30 IP   flag post
598038 34 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?