Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector circumstances private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagii
This one is from the Billy Wright pedigree. Was the longest extended bidding time 'duel' i've ever had to go through to acquire a book through Comic Connect. One of the few books in the Pedigree to have Mr. Wright's name on it.

Awesome!

I have exactly zero pedigree comics!
Post 76 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@circumstances @Sagii you both have really awesome collections. Distinguished tastes if you will. I only have a handful of comics that I would consider cool, but I scroll through this thread and it just leaves me in awe. Not just in awe of the books, but the passion you both bring to the collections. It's very cool, so by all means "keep 'em coming".
Post 77 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by circumstances
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
This one is from the Billy Wright pedigree. Was the longest extended bidding time 'duel' i've ever had to go through to acquire a book through Comic Connect. One of the few books in the Pedigree to have Mr. Wright's name on it.

@Sagii Ok, bear with me a second.

I wasn't familiar with Centaur comics before this thread. I'd heard of them, but I never really researched them.

Sorry for exposing you to all this Centaur goodness!!

LOL!! I'm enjoying it!!! I enjoy comics and I enjoy learning new things. This thread is a winner in my book!!!
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
@circumstances With a collection containing Superman #1, Batman #1, All American #16, All Star Comics #3, etc, I don't think we'll hold it againt you for not having any pedigree copies
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
@circumstances With a collection containing Superman #1, Batman #1, All American #16, All Star Comics #3, etc, I don't think we'll hold it againt you for not having any pedigree copies

Whew! That's a relief!
Post 80 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@circumstances @Sagii you both have really awesome collections. Distinguished tastes if you will. I only have a handful of comics that I would consider cool, but I scroll through this thread and it just leaves me in awe. Not just in awe of the books, but the passion you both bring to the collections. It's very cool, so by all means "keep 'em coming".

Thanks, will do!
Post 81 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

@Sagii Ok, bear with me a second.

I wasn't familiar with Centaur comics before this thread. I'd heard of them, but I never really researched them.

Sorry for exposing you to all this Centaur goodness!!

LOL!! I'm enjoying it!!! I enjoy comics and I enjoy learning new things. This thread is a winner in my book!!!

Thanks!

I remember when I saw a Centaur (Amazing Mystery Funnies Vol. 2 #7) for the first time in a full color picture in my first Overstreet Price Guide (#6, 1976), I was hooked!
Post 82 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley Thank you! That is greatly appreciated!
Post 83 IP   flag post
Amazing Mystery Funnies Vol. 2 #5. Classic Bill Everett cover. May, 1939.

Post 84 IP   flag post
Quote:

A Top 3 Centaur, a classic and elusive issue anyway you look at it, and oh so costly to obtain a copy.
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

A Top 3 Centaur, a classic and elusive issue anyway you look at it, and oh so costly to obtain a copy.

I don't know about all that, but I like it!
Post 86 IP   flag post
New one to the Centaur stack.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Quote:
New one to the Centaur stack.

Beauty!
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
I would love to get a Centaur book but they are rare here and the last one I saw was WAAAAAAAY over priced. (The person had the USD tag on it and then added CAD exchange and mark up so that a book that was probably on the low end of the VG ranges was priced at a fine. So like three or four times the USD price. The funny thing is it was NOT a brick and mortar seller and if it had that price in a brick and mortar I'm fairly certain this person would complain about the pricing. That's the way it works here, complain about the brick and mortar prices and the store in general only because they are selling a book for market prices. Meaning that that basement seller can't flip it right away for a profit. That's how it is here stores get dragged through the mud trying to profit off market demand. They will also claim that it isn't the stated grade.)

BTW nice books everyone!
Post 89 IP   flag post
@Oxbladder Thanks!
Well don't lose faith and stay patient: Many times the stars align and something comes your way at a price you can live with and a grade you're ok with.
Post 90 IP   flag post
600822 90 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?