CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Why I enjoy the CBCS forums more than the CGC forums.11831

PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
I find it "interesting" that there are people here who vehemently hate CGC users, but on the CGC boards, no one gripes about anyone here. We really only comment on the company (CBCS).

There are positives and negatives to both communities. If the CBCS forum was so superior, personnel-wise, why would so much blind hatred be communicated...?

I denounce those of you here (and there) who feel and spread such ironic and hypocritical toxicity. Most of you are hospitable and A+ people, though.

I try to stay out of these discussions, but this is blatantly false. Check out Latest from goldy bringing fb groups to an uproar.

There are more examples over there if you care to look.

To be fair, I hadn't been online in about 3 weeks, and haven't caught up in Comics General (yet).

I've never seen a CBCS boardie hate thread on their forum (before). I've seen plenty of posts here, though, in a short time being a member.
Post 51 IP   flag post
The Scar Giver Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie both rockmyamadeus and ridethetiger were permanently banned from here. You can see the reasons why in the pinned moderation thread. I get why they hate me. But I have no idea why buzzetta said that. I guess he was just following rma's lead.

But I knew coming in that being a mod is not going to win any popularity contest!!! LOL But to say that no one on the CGC boards gripes about anyone over here is a lie. There are plenty of blatant examples and many more if you read in between the lines. Personally, I do not hold any animosity towards any of them, life is too short for that.

Edit - rma was docbrown over here.
Edit #2 - ridethetiger was shiftins6 here
Post 52 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
To be fair, I hadn't been online in about 3 weeks, and haven't caught up in Comics General (yet).

I've never seen a CBCS boardie hate thread on their forum (before). I've seen plenty of posts here, though, in a short time being a member.

I have also mentioned how the boards over there can be toxic. But it really is only a very small minority of people. So please don't think I'm talking about most people there when I say this. I'm not. And there's a lot of good information, thorough discussions, etc.

But some people just like throwing insult bombs and trolling for nastiness, and over there no one stops them from being asshats.
Post 53 IP   flag post
@theCapraAegagrus my example was from April, 2019
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
And, one thing to keep in mind is everyone’s definition of what’s toxic is subjective and goes through their own personal filter.

My only concern on the CGC boards is it reminded me of old school “comic book guys” and the old days of the internet.

This board seemed more inviting and maintained.

I could have very well misjudged CGC, but you know what they say about first impressions.
Post 55 IP   flag post

I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
OMG - Doc Brown. That brings up memories. A whole lot of memories. And a whole lot of cut & pastes and quotes that ran on for endless hours and days and weeks.

I'd get a serious headache after reading with those long winded diatribes putting everyone down and stating <his interpretations of> laws and references. I don't miss those days
Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

I have also mentioned how the boards over there can be toxic. But it really is only a very small minority of people. So please don't think I'm talking about most people there when I say this. I'm not. And there's a lot of good information, thorough discussions, etc.

But some people just like throwing insult bombs and trolling for nastiness, and over there no one stops them from being asshats.

Oh, I don't. I'm well aware that it's a choice, relatively small, group of people - on both sites. Sometimes people judge the entire forum as a collective, though. If you only peruse Comics General (or the Water Cooler), then you're going to get that experience. That's where all of the shenanigans take place - and I contribute to that.

Jesse had to go back a whole year to find 2 posts (which are about him). I can go back and find them every month, here. It's annoying both ways.

I'm "hard" on n00bs, too. I'm almost surprised that there isn't a thread about me here trying take make 'em cry over there.

1 thing that can be easily discerned is that this current thread is a bunch of manufactured BS (and by that, I mean, the OP). I know that over on CGC we (vast majority) wouldn't just take someone's word about the group here and start bashing anyone. Here, people jumped at the opportunity to attack their/our community. And, yes, I understand that it's a minority here, but the bait is much easily consumed here than there.

I'm really just wasting my time, because those who just wanna hate all things CGC, will continue to do so. There is no logic in emotion. Sorry for the wall of text. As I said, most of you are A+ and hospitable. It's the same over at CGC if you have a sense of humor, contribute, and don't bloviate or think that #PostCountsMatter.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector circumstances private msg quote post Address this user
Brand new here (yesterday?). Long time member and poster on the CGC boards (seven years?).

I have never once seen a post mentioning these boards or any member here.

I only read and post in the Golden Age forum, and some music threads (whatever forum they're in).
Post 58 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@theCapraAegagrus

You raise a pretty important point.

CBCS has some pretty good forums and aren’t necessarily made better by bashing “the other guy.”

Not everything has to be Coke versus Pepsi.

Ultimately, I like it here, and what CGC does or doesn’t do has no bearing on my enjoyment of the forums here.

Maybe like most of us, the OP is going stir crazy and needed to vent?
Post 59 IP   flag post
To be fair to CBCS' constituents - based on the lack of sub-forum categories - it's easier to come across anti-CGC topics/posts. Everything is focused. It's part of the reason why I post so infrequently.

Anyways, I'd kinda like this "fake news" topic to die, so I'll try not to keep this at the top of the page with any further replies.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
I find it "interesting" that there are people here who vehemently hate CGC users, but on the CGC boards, no one gripes about anyone here. We really only comment on the company (CBCS).

There are positives and negatives to both communities. If the CBCS forum was so superior, personnel-wise, why would so much blind hatred be communicated...?

I denounce those of you here (and there) who feel and spread such ironic and hypocritical toxicity. Most of you are hospitable and A+ people, though.

I try to stay out of these discussions, but this is blatantly false. Check out Latest from goldy bringing fb groups to an uproar.

There are more examples over there if you care to look.

I always pictured Buzz and Kav as more of the tag team over there.
Post 61 IP   flag post
The CGC forum is fine. As other members stated, there are some people there who dog pile for whatever reason, but I've found a lot of good information there (when I can cooperate with the search function) and had many positive interactions. The General section can be a crapshoot, but if you stick with what you like (for me: Silver, Bronze, Copper and the TV/Movie sections) it can be alright. I like the dedicated Buying/Selling sections even if I haven't used them in a year or so. Quite a few of the CGC folk had accounts over here. Not sure if they still do. Pontoon, Fahrenheit, jsilverjanet, buzz, kav etc. I don't think they post over here often/anymore, but they could still read. "Lurking" might the internet slang for it. I've learned stuff here and over there.
Post 62 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O You know you have made it when a few people hate you for the great things you do!
Post 63 IP   flag post
@sborock LOL Thank you!!! I know you have your share of haters also!
Post 64 IP   flag post
Quote:
To be fair to CBCS' constituents - based on the lack of sub-forum categories - it's easier to come across anti-CGC topics/posts. Everything is focused. It's part of the reason why I post so infrequently.

Anyways, I'd kinda like this "fake news" topic to die, so I'll try not to keep this at the top of the page with any further replies.

Your interactions with silvermane on the Movie threads over there are priceless!
Post 65 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
My own experiences with comic forums began with CGC ...went there, made a name, posted a book or two to grade and ran smack into a drama queen who melted down when he criticized everyone else's grades and refused to grade the book himself.
Felt a little put out, so I dropped the forum, came over, made a name and started chatting. Within a week the same name here started drama with me again here.
I realized it sometimes isn't the place, its just some people...so I stayed here, and have problems with that person ever since of course.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
My own experiences with comic forums began with CGC ...went there, made a name, posted a book or two to grade and ran smack into a drama queen who melted down when he criticized everyone else's grades and refused to grade the book himself.
Felt a little put out, so I dropped the forum, came over, made a name and started chatting. Within a week the same name here started drama with me again here.
I realized it sometimes isn't the place, its just some people...so I stayed here, and have problems with that person ever since of course.

That is quite bizarre. Oddly enough, I haven't seen anything like that until recently. A guy has been posting "grades" that are half the number of the consensus. We'll post "6.0 IMO" or "7.0 IMO" and he'll say "3.5 if you're lucky". It's so senseless and confusing.

I think he might be one of those guys who thought all of his books are "pristine off the shelf" or 9.8s and got 8.5s-9.4s from CGC and has an axe to grind.

Weird stuff.
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:

Your interactions with silvermane on the Movie threads over there are priceless!

LOL thanks. S/he is kinda weird and obsessive about some stuff. I find myself shocked when we agree over a movie's content.
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
I like this forum enough to check it everyday even though I don't post much. I do wish it had an ignore function though.
Post 69 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
"Walls of Text" are never the problem. If they were, people would complain daily. It's WHO posts it when people have the problem.

It's best to simply ignore what angers or irritates. It's easy to NOT click on a thread that doesn't offer me something I want. I do it every time I log on. If it's a new thread, I don't always know until I'm in it, but once I do, I back out of it, and don't return.

Pizza cake, and I'm calm until I find a thread I like. When I'm done, I log off feeling I didn't just waste time.
If I spend an hour in a post war (and I have), I log off looking at the clock thinking, "shit- what a waste of time!"

As I age, I dislike those wastes of time more and more.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LOL thanks. S/he is kinda weird and obsessive about some stuff. I find myself shocked when we agree over a movie's content.

Now I want to go read the movie threads!! LOL!!
Post 71 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Now I want to go read the movie threads!! LOL!!

If you find enjoyment in watching someone argue that Brie Larson is the best actor that Hollywood has ever graced us with vs Captain Marvel being a mediocre movie, then, well... You'll have fun. LOL.

I'll give him/her credit for not humping the mod button there, though. I got in an argument about SJW/PC content in movies with Chuck. He publicly vowed to get me banned from the boards (obviously unsuccessfully). As much as I argue with some others over movies - we have silently, mutually, agreed to voice our thoughts without crying wolf. It's oddly mature IMO.
Post 72 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O yeah that Jessie guy is the worse 😂
Post 73 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town

That is quite bizarre. Oddly enough, I haven't seen anything like that until recently. A guy has been posting "grades" that are half the number of the consensus. We'll post "6.0 IMO" or "7.0 IMO" and he'll say "3.5 if you're lucky". It's so senseless and confusing.

I think he might be one of those guys who thought all of his books are "pristine off the shelf" or 9.8s and got 8.5s-9.4s from CGC and has an axe to grind.

Weird stuff.
This was perhaps a few years ago..three at most. I went in, posted some of my more key or heavy type books inquiring about grades in the appropriate can you spare a grade thread. Most of the users were quite helpful and gave grades or opinions why they felt so....this one person kept denigrating the given grades in particular on my TOS 39...almost felt like jealousy. Justifications were given that there was this damage or that, in particular water damage kept being implied. ... and various other flaws which the forum members correctly identified as reflections from mylar, or such.
The only off reaction other than that in their forum was once I posted the books I kept getting one guy personally messaging pressuring me to sell..at some prices that were perhaps half the going rate for such book.
I sort of lost interst there, and came here. Wasn't here a week and ran smack into the same name, and from their modus operandi, seemingly same person who once more had nothing polite to say, is extremely arrogant, and tends to talk down to people regarding comics. I chose to stay this time...the entire world is sometimes chaos apparently...oh well.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by circumstances
Brand new here (yesterday?). Long time member and poster on the CGC boards (seven years?).

I only read and post in the Golden Age forum, and some music threads (whatever forum they're in).

Hey, welcome to the boards! There are a lot of Golden Age fans over here. You'll often see those covers in the weekly Cover Contest, and in Steve's @sborock "Cool books that hit my grading desk...." Some great covers in both of those.

You also might want to check out @martymann's thread: "THE PARK AVENUE COLLECTION." It highlights some amazing comics, going back to when he was a kid buying Golden Age comics when they were new. Quite an amazing collection!

Enjoy!
Post 75 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Hey, welcome to the boards! There are a lot of Golden Age fans over here. You'll often see those covers in the weekly Cover Contest, and in Steve's @sborock "Cool books that hit my grading desk...." Some great covers in both of those.

You also might want to check out @martymann's thread: "THE PARK AVENUE COLLECTION." It highlights some amazing comics, going back to when he was a kid buying Golden Age comics when they were new. Quite an amazing collection!

Enjoy!

Thanks! I know Marty from the CGC boards and have seen many of his amazing comics.

Glad to be here. I've already started a Centaur thread, posted my Bats 1 in the Golden Age forum (at Sagii's request), etc. etc.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:
Glad to be here. I've already started a Centaur thread, posted my Bats 1 in the Golden Age forum (at Sagii's request), etc. etc.

Holy moly that's a beautiful book. Thanks for posting!
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Holy moly that's a beautiful book. Thanks for posting!

Thanks. Just getting started
Post 78 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett

Post 79 IP   flag post
603700 79 29
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.