Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Over 6 months turn around & still waiting.11828

Collector Morewhit private msg quote post Address this user
Curious who else is experiencing longer-than-expected press/grading submission turn around?
Oct. 25th, 2019 the Florida Pressing location received, from me, 4 issues of The Amazing Spiderman circa 1973.
I've inquired a few times as to ETA & have not received anything specific or even close to such.
It's now over 6 months waiting.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Pressing has an insane backlog.

As of early April they were working on books from Mid-August. Three-ish weeks ago the pressing operations in Florida shut down to move to Texas where they are currently planning to re-start in early May if everything goes well. If things don’t go smoothly you can expect even longer for them to start.

In short, you’ve still got a long time left to wait
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector HulkFunk private msg quote post Address this user
I got you beat. They have been "processing" my 6 books since early August. ;(
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Pvadacchino private msg quote post Address this user
Same here
Fan Expo Canada in August
Right now I’m just hoping I get them before x-mas 2020
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KMiracleman private msg quote post Address this user
September 2019 here. I agree with dielinfinite...the game is: there's no game. There's nothing you can do to control it, so don't sweat it. Pressing with CGC is not much better. Just don't even think about it and it becomes so much easier to deal with it. Supposedly this move will make things better, also, think about it: do you really want pressing to be a careless, fast-food type of procedure?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
December 2019 here....Might see them in 2020 at this rate...at least convention season won’t be overloading them on top of this...
Post 6 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Waiting for pressing.....

Post 7 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I have 2 books in pressing since October 18. Both are for signature verification. I hope it's worth the wait. One is a dd 131, gorgeous book signed by wolfman. I'll be bummed anything less than a
9.6. The other is an invaders annual 1 signed by Alex schomburg and Stan lee excelsior. I do wished I had them pressed by my regular guy but it was a last minute decision to submitted them at the LA Comic-Con
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
this is disheartening to me...I've got a Jan 28 submission.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
#THE WAIT IS REAL
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
October 31.
For me - I will not be submitting anymore books for pressing and grading; just grading.
I have been going to a professional outside presser who has a 3 week turnaround - obviously much better than the 6 - 8 months going on currently.

I have confidence it will be fixed, but now is not the time.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
After years (literally) of waiting for their TATs to get back under control, I finally bit the bullet and went back to cbcs....also had to decide between an outside presser and cbcs,..I actually have someone in FL that would drop them off at cgc/cbcs, but thought cbcs pressing moved to TX...so I went with cbcs pressing for that reason...silly me should have done more research on where the pressing was.

Not that this is cbcs’s fault...just unfortunate circumstances. Was also trying to get in que before convention season, lol...
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Sin private msg quote post Address this user
just got my two witness sign back today (Sunday may 3). sent them a the Boston fan expo back on Saturday August 17. almost 8 months.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

As of early April they were working on books from Mid-August. Three-ish weeks ago the pressing operations in Florida shut down to move to Texas where they are currently planning to re-start in early May if everything goes well. If things don’t go smoothly you can expect even longer for them to start.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Post 15 IP   flag post
I was told they had left Florida Pressing in March and am under the impression that my issues are sitting in Texas. IDK
Thanks for the reply!
Post 16 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I was told they had left Florida Pressing in March and am under the impression that my issues are sitting in Texas. IDK
Thanks for the reply!
Post 17 IP   flag post
601305 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?