Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Mail Call 05/01/202011827

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Mail call to start off May with a bang. I was really happy with the grades. I've had all but two of these books for decades.

Post 1 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 awesome books!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC Thanks!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
The DC Presents looks great. It’s been on my list for awhile. Congratulations
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks, @Themaxx35. That one is actually one of the few freon this mail call that I've picked up over the last couple of years. I'm really happy with it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 - What a great bunch of books and very nice grades, David!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@esaravo Thanks, Ed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 Awesome books!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Some great looking books you have there!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Thanks, @Rafel and @Studley_Dudley.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Love that Captain Marvel issue! Is that the one @sborock posted a few days ago? Congratulations on the nice comics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Mail call to start off May with a bang. I was really happy with the grades. I've had all but two of these books for decades.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Great mail call! Congrats on the nice collection.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thanks, @Scifinator.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Love that Captain Marvel issue! Is that the one @sborock posted a few days ago?

I have no idea. If he did, I missed it. Maybe, if @sborock sees this, he can answer.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 Great selection of books you got graded, congrats. Looking at the slabs, do they look like they might be the new ones? CBCS is already the clear choice ^_~ I'm eager to see the next gen of slabs - thanks -J
Post 15 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

I have no idea. If he did, I missed it. Maybe, if @sborock sees this, he can answer.

If it is the same one, it's over in the "Cool books" thread, just a few days ago.
Post 16 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Cool_Fool hmmm...not sure but I think those are the current slabs, not the new ones. Maybe @DWeeB1967 can say for sure.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Thanks, @Cool_Fool. These still appear to be the older slabs.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC & @DWeeB1967 thanks for info - just sent in order yesterday - rolling the dice that they might be on new slabs when they get graded. Either way, CBCS is preferred vs other players, special labels etc. Make mine Marvel & CBCS ^_~
And that ASM 100 LQQKs great
Post 19 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB Awesome books there, bro!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 Very nice books. I would be happy with those 9.4 Silver Age books too.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder Thanks!
Post 22 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips Thanks!
Post 23 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@DWeeB1967 great books! Does CBCS distinguish between the Rai #0 Matte and Glossy variants?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Thanks, @flanders. I believe they call out the glossy version with a notation. Mine is just the matte version.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If it is the same one, it's over in the "Cool books" thread, just a few days ago.

He did include that book in this "Cool Books" thread. Awesome! Thanks for pointing that out. 🙂
Post 26 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@DWeeB1967 great books! Does CBCS distinguish between the Rai #0 Matte and Glossy variants?

Yep, we do!
Post 27 IP   flag post
601196 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?