Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

GAME: Census Highlander!11818

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley - Instead of saying you "have a unique set of skills" let's just say that you have unique tastes in comics that the rest of us don't share yet. So you are "ahead of the curve."
Post 76 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Last set for the day. This is too much work right now.

Post 77 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Studley_Dudley - Instead of saying you "have a unique set of skills" let's just say that you have unique tastes in comics that the rest of us don't share yet. So you are "ahead of the curve."

I really liked the 2005 continuity that IDW put out when they got the TF license from Hasbro. They really tried hard and it was a badass franchise for a while. Infiltration, Escalation, Stormbringer, Devastation etc were all solid stories. Unfortunately it went out with a whimper at the end. The 2020 reboot has been ok at best. The Transformers '84 line has me excited though. IDW brought back Simon Furman to write it. The initial one shot was good, and have been patiently waiting for series to start due to that which shan't be named outside of the thread that it is meant for.

There will be more TF books to come in this thread.
Post 78 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user

I double checked on this one. I no longer own it but I submitted it. Premium drek.
Post 79 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Another one that's no surprise. I really like the way the artist draws Wolverine

Speaking of Wolverine, I was a little surprised about this one

Post 80 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
OGE And recently received offer of $45, so maybe not too DREKie - Update, SOLD with a 1 of 3 Warlock #1 @ 9.8

Post 81 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 82 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I think these Highlanders are the reason the census took so long They had to create all these extra data fields for single-submission books.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
OGE So, in honesty, I no longer own this as I sold it in March, but I am the one who had it graded and it remains the Only Graded Example in the CBCS Pop Rep. I was real close to keeping it in my "Force Ghost" collection.

Post 84 IP   flag post
Only one of this reprint in the Census!

Post 85 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
If there can be only one, I'd call this a CBCS Census Highender...

There were only four copies listed in the CGC census (two of which are very low grade). This is the second highest graded copy (just under the Church copy). CGC will need to make an adjustment to their census because now there can be only three. Note: Prize Comics #20 was one of the original "no-shows" in Ernie Gerber's Photo-Journal Guide to Comic Books.
Post 86 IP   flag post
OGE

Post 87 IP   flag post
OGE

Post 88 IP   flag post
OGE's - So I am going technicality here - There are 2 graded examples both 9.8 which I sent in (CBCS cert ending -033 & -034) and subsequently sold one. And since today is May the 4th, I am going with there can be only one is "true...FROM A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW" as both comics were part of one submission.

Post 89 IP   flag post
Battlestar Highlanders!

Post 90 IP   flag post
Crack Comics #27 Rubimor cover (and there be only one in the census)...

Post 91 IP   flag post
OGE

Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if this counts, but it's the only signed 9.2 on the census...and one of only two signed copies in any grade on the census, too (the other is a 7.5).

Post 93 IP   flag post
A couple of Black Widows!

Post 94 IP   flag post
Some Daredevils! I already loved these books but now they're even cooler as they're each the only copies in the census!

Post 95 IP   flag post
HIT Comics #18 (Reed Crandall cover art)...

Another rare book (second highest; only nine currently graded, one of which is CBCS).
Post 96 IP   flag post
OGE

Post 97 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Only one on census
Post 98 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

Post 99 IP   flag post

Post 100 IP   flag post

Post 101 IP   flag post

Post 102 IP   flag post

Post 103 IP   flag post

Post 104 IP   flag post

Post 105 IP   flag post
598074 193 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?