Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPComics Modern AgeComics Restoration and ConservationComics Silver Age

CBCS launches Census/Graded Population Report11814

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@spaulus apparently on the CGC census, members can bookmark a direct link to their comics in the census. Is there any way of doing that on the CBCS census. The question was asked in the Facebook CBCS collectors club.
Post 26 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@spaulus apparently on the CGC census, members can bookmark a direct link to their comics in the census. Is there any way of doing that on the CBCS census. The question was asked in the Facebook CBCS collectors club.

Not yet... But we can add that feature I'm sure.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@spaulus Thanks a lot. Now I've wasted half my morning looking up my books.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
@spaulus Thanks a lot. Now I've wasted half my morning looking up my books.

Did you have anything better to do during the pandemic?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user

This is how all member's are like at this moment. The time put in, sweat, whippings, blood and tears. Lol this awesome news and great job CBCS!!!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector danberry75 private msg quote post Address this user
This is awesome! I went and checked 2 of my books...they happen to be the only ones in that grade on the census
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
This is great! Congrats on the launch
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Random thought. Each board member's profile page has several sections like photo gallery and such. Any way to add a "My Collection" section, let board members "claim" their books from the census and have them show up on the member's profile page?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Iceman private msg quote post Address this user
Oh yes, the wait is over! My first batch of submissions from years ago came back with a 9.9 2011 Batman #1, which of course was very exciting for me. But in all this time since, I didn't know if 9.9s were rare or if they were as common as dirt. I'm thrilled to see that there are only two 9.9s of that book in the census. I can now be officially happy.

Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute_Zero

This is how all member's are like at this moment. The time put in, sweat, whippings, blood and tears. Lol this awesome news and great job CBCS!!!

On our side as well, there is still work to be done but I for one am just happy for our customers..

Next step the registry!
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
Looking around the page it look great, easy to navigate and find relevant info. So, sorry, BUT -
@spaulus Minor adjustment - When bookmarking the census page and the tab for it shows --> CBCS Census/Graded Pollution Report | CBCS Comics
Post 36 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
what about all the cbcs comics that were converted over to cgc? I have done a lot of them myself
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Love it! Thank you so much, CBCS!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector kon_jelly private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
what about all the cbcs comics that were converted over to cgc? I have done a lot of them myself

I'm guessing the same thing that happens for the CGC comics that were converted over to CBCS - nothing. It's not really possible for the original grading company to keep tabs on it once it leaves the building.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Now the countdown begins for the 1st, "It isn't PERFECT! Why didnt you consult US?" complaint post.

By the way, will it track Double Covers? GPA only seems to note it if it's been in a sale they track. It'd be nice to have some kind if idea how many are out there in certain grades.
Post 40 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Now the countdown begins for the 1st, "It isn't PERFECT! Why didnt you consult US?" complaint post.

Yea!.... where's my 1 book I got graded 10 years ago? I don't see it! Why wasn't I consulted?
Post 41 IP   flag post
@spaulus is it possible to get a count on all the books in the census?
Post 42 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock @spaulus Thank you, your work is appreciated!

Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
It to busy anyone’s bubble, any update in the magazine slab? 😁
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon_jelly
Quote:

I'm guessing the same thing that happens for the CGC comics that were converted over to CBCS - nothing. It's not really possible for the original grading company to keep tabs on it once it leaves the building.
As for CGC, if you crack a book, just send in the label and it will be removed from the census. Not sure if CBCS will follow suit.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector steveinthecity private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:

By the way, will it track Double Covers? GPA only seems to note it if it's been in a sale they track. It'd be nice to have some kind if idea how many are out there in certain grades.
And MJ inserts...
Post 46 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveinthecity
Quote:
Originally Posted by kon_jelly
Quote:

As for CGC, if you crack a book, just send in the label and it will be removed from the census. Not sure if CBCS will follow suit.

I know that CBCS will send the CGC labels back to the CGC. I've had books removed off their census back in 2016ish. I don't know the CGC would extend that same courtesy to CBCS.
Post 47 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy - Yes, double covers are noted!
Post 48 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
I have cracked several books from CGC, sent in the labels, not removed from their census. I stopped doing it. No hope for that to be done right.
Post 49 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
We will be knocking all books off the census that have labels returned.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 51 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
WoooHooo - Braggin' rights, I have the ONLY 2 WildC.A.T.S: Covert Action Teams to grade at 9.9 with NONE Higher!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
BOOM, there it is! - My Hellstorm: Prince of Lies 9.9 is the Single Highest Graded!
Post 53 IP   flag post
This is Great CBCS...Not for my highest grades, but now this gives us collectors (and sellers also) a broader resource with which to make decisions. Hopefully outside resources like GoCollect and such will adopt this broader and enhanced reporting.

Cudos to you CBCS!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
This is Great CBCS...Not for my highest grades, but now this gives us collectors (and sellers also) a broader resource with which to make decisions. Hopefully outside resources like GoCollect and such will adopt this broader and enhanced reporting.

Cudos to you CBCS!

I think it will be a big boost for resale value. Consumer confidence in CBCS will go up in the community.
Post 55 IP   flag post
598060 127 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?