Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature ASPComics Modern AgeComics Restoration and ConservationComics Silver Age

CBCS launches Census/Graded Population Report11814

CBCS spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS launched the company’s Graded Comic Book Census Report this morning. The new CBCS Census publishes information on all CBCS graded comic books in a format that provides relevant information for collectors, buyers, and sellers. CBCS members will now be able to see how their comics rank compared to comics of the same title and issue listed in the population report.

Collectors will notice right away that the CBCS Census does more than show the number of books listed by grade. Users will be able to take advantage of some great features that will allow them to find comprehensive information including NOT ONLY the grade but in addition, page quality, signatures, and restoration.

Some of our customers will remember that we had an issue during the migration of some data when we updated our operating system years ago. It is possible that a very small percentage of our graded books may not be listed in our census. Do not worry if that is the case. We have a “report a problem” feature that allows customers to document a problem with the site or individual book.

Continuous improvement is our goal.

Please take a look

Census


Happy collecting and stay safe!

Steve Paulus



Post 1 IP   flag post
TRA LA LA esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@spaulus - It's here! We have reached #SOON! That's awesome.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
One good thing from the quarantine
Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
A long time in the works...

Now on to the registry... which, should be launched sooner than soon.. no I do not have a date, but it is a project that is underway.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
This is a wonderful thing...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
this is awesome! congrats on the launch CBCS!
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
It's so cool that you can see the grader notes when looking up a book. Congrats on getting this up and running.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Great news!!!!!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Elvinv private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone used it? I’m trying but it comes up “no record found”. I don’t see an option to use the CBCS number?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Fan-freaking-tastic!!!! Well done CBCS!
Post 10 IP   flag post
TRA LA LA esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Elvinv - I typed in the book name and issue number - it worked. You can find the books you submitted and compare them to others. And you can see the grader's notes and a picture - if the slab was scanned.
Post 11 IP   flag post
TRA LA LA esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@spaulus - Any chance we can upload our own scans of our books to the grader's page?
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
I hope it works.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
You wouldn't typically use the census to search using a serial number. Use it to look up the notes and see if your book is showing in the system.
Post 14 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaulus
A long time in the works...

Now on to the registry... which, should be launched sooner than soon.. no I do not have a date, but it is a project that is underway.


Looking forward to it.

Keep up the great work Steve!
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@spaulus Do we also use the “Report a problem” link to report problems due to incorrect or inconsistent labelling by CBCS?

For example, searching for ASM 129 you get several results.

2 copies were incorrectly graded with the year 1973. One graded with the year 1979.

16 Copies of the 2004 reprint were graded as Lionsgate Promotional Exclusive and 1 Copy as Lionsgate Edition and a further 8 copies without a variant, just ASM 129 with a 2004 date

Then there’s Books graded as ASM 129 with Wizard Ace Edition as the variant and 3 more copies with the title Wizard ACE Edition: ASM 129
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo great idea! I have a lot of my slabs photographed and it would be a nice tool to integrate into the site.

@spaulus also for the books that could be missing in the system ex. 0010034-AA-001, is it possible to provide that info somehow? I have several old label books that have older serials from when CBCS first started.
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
This is great! Looks like limited data if any was lost, as I am able to see 2016 submissions as well 👌🏻
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Nice!

I found one of my submissions.

I’ll poke around so more later, but this is great news!!!

Well done all the way around!
Post 19 IP   flag post
CBCS spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvinv
Has anyone used it? I’m trying but it comes up “no record found”. I don’t see an option to use the CBCS number?


As some of you know and I'm sure some of our customers remember, we had an issue during the migration of some data when we updated our operating system. A small percentage of our graded books will not be listed in our census. Do not worry if that is the case. We have a “report a problem” feature on our census. just click on the Report a Problem button and describe the issue.

You can report a problem with the site or an individual book.

We will address any issue you have.


Post 20 IP   flag post
CBCS spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityG
@esaravo great idea! I have a lot of my slabs photographed and it would be a nice tool to integrate into the site.

@spaulus also for the books that could be missing in the system ex. 0010034-AA-001, is it possible to provide that info somehow? I have several old label books that have older serials from when CBCS first started.


I'd love to be able to say yes to that, but you will have to report each individual book that does not show up in the census.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats!
Post 22 IP   flag post
CBCS spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@spaulus Do we also use the “Report a problem” link to report problems due to incorrect or inconsistent labelling by CBCS?

For example, searching for ASM 129 you get several results.

2 copies were incorrectly graded with the year 1973. One graded with the year 1979.

16 Copies of the 2004 reprint were graded as Lionsgate Promotional Exclusive and 1 Copy as Lionsgate Edition and a further 8 copies without a variant, just ASM 129 with a 2004 date

Then there’s Books graded as ASM 129 with Wizard Ace Edition as the variant and 3 more copies with the title Wizard ACE Edition: ASM 129


Yes, inconsistent labeling is one of the things we will address. Please keep in mind that when we started to differentiate Newsstand vs Direct we did create a situation where books graded prior to that will be separated in the census. We are working on a solution to this situation but for obvious reasons, we might have to make adjustments on a book by book basis.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
This is so cool!!! Great work done by great people!!
Post 24 IP   flag post
CBCS spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@spaulus - Any chance we can upload our own scans of our books to the grader's page?


Great question!

Right now, no.

Future, YES... This is something that we want to have the ability to do with our registry, so the census and registry would link.

The issue holding us back is that each book scanned by customers will have to be verified prior to attaching it to the population report information on that specific book. Specifically, the book IDs would have to match. Not to mention the issue of the quality of the images.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@spaulus apparently on the CGC census, members can bookmark a direct link to their comics in the census. Is there any way of doing that on the CBCS census. The question was asked in the Facebook CBCS collectors club.
Post 26 IP   flag post
CBCS spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@spaulus apparently on the CGC census, members can bookmark a direct link to their comics in the census. Is there any way of doing that on the CBCS census. The question was asked in the Facebook CBCS collectors club.


Not yet... But we can add that feature I'm sure.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@spaulus Thanks a lot. Now I've wasted half my morning looking up my books.
Post 28 IP   flag post
CBCS spaulus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
@spaulus Thanks a lot. Now I've wasted half my morning looking up my books.


Did you have anything better to do during the pandemic?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Absolute_Zero private msg quote post Address this user



This is how all member's are like at this moment. The time put in, sweat, whippings, blood and tears. Lol this awesome news and great job CBCS!!!
Post 30 IP   flag post
312380 123 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.