Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

New Customer Service Portal?11810

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I was recently contacted by CBCS Customer Service regarding an order. I noticed a link at the bottom of their response that lead to this webpage.

Has anyone else noticed this? I signed in using my Google account for my email address matching my CBCS account.

It looks like a portal for tracking issues. On my account there was the issue I was contacted about and the responses from both parties regarding it.

It looks like there is an option to start a new issue. I wonder if we can use this portal as an alternative to emailing or calling customer service
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
I assume this is a company like zendesk that they have hired to help facilitate their customer service
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite - Very interesting. I may have to switch my email with CBCS to my gmail account and see what happens.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@Masochism Looks like FreshDesk is specifically the software platform so I don’t think it’s a different company providing customer support but a software solution for their current Customer Support team to track issues and maybe for customers to communicate with support.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
What is the question here?

Are you wondering what Freshdesk is?
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Darryl_H Freshdesk is the customer service software. That part is easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
I wonder if we can use this portal as an alternative to emailing or calling customer service
Does CBCS mean to use it for two way communication between Customer Service and the customers where we can start and follow-up on new and existing issues, instead of calling or emailing?

Or, since this has not been mentioned or linked to anywhere else from what I’ve seen, was this meant for internal tracking and this was a slip that I wasn’t normally supposed to access?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
I just logged in to check this out and I have a message saying my April 15 order is backlogged in pressing? I don’t currently have an orders in right now.

Edit: never mind looks like a mass message to all clients. Sorry, still learning
Post 7 IP   flag post
@mattness What you’re seeing is the “Pressing Response” Topic that is visible at the bottom of the screenshot in my first post. It looks like that is a ready response for Customer Service to copy and paste to customers asking about delays in their pressed books.

Looks like the system has been in use since at least November since that is the earliest ticket in my ticket history. It does seem to include most, if not all my communiques with customer service since then.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector mattness private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Ah Gotcha, Thank You.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Apparently this portal has always been a thing. Feel free to use it.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O Thanks for the heads up! I’ll try it next time I have to contact customer service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@dielinfinite - Very interesting. I may have to switch my email with CBCS to my gmail account and see what happens.
I don’t think you need to do that. I’d first try going to the sign in page and click the “Forgot Your Password” and on the following page enter the email address on your CBCS account, which is presumably the same email address you typically use to contact customer service
Post 11 IP   flag post
600520 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?