Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics MagazinesComics Modern AgeGrading Help NeededWant to Buy

Comic Grading11790

Collector hogan36 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

Hope you all are during well. I'm looking to buy a book from a guy on eBay that appears to have corner damage to it. Would the damaged corner affect the grading a lot?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Any damage will have some impact on the grade. It depends on the extent of the damage. If you want more specific information you should post images of the book in question
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan36
Hello everyone,

Hope you all are during well. I'm looking to buy a book from a guy on eBay that appears to have corner damage to it. Would the damaged corner affect the grading a lot?

It can, but it really depends on the extent.
I have a Demon #1 that looks VERY sharp, but the corner drops it to 9.0

Post 3 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
It took this otherwise awesome shape Hulk down to an 8.5. Small crunch on the lower corner...ouch

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector gmellos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
It took this otherwise awesome shape Hulk down to an 8.5. Small crunch on the lower corner...ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania

Does the damage break color? If get that book pressed
Post 5 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@gmellos It's hard to see in the pic but unfortunately yes it does break the color so pressing wouldn't help
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thank you all for your response. Here's the damaged corner.You may have to click on the image to make it bigger.
Post 7 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
That would have minimal impact on the grade
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you!Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
That would have minimal impact on the grade
Post 9 IP   flag post
600840 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?