Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgePop CultureQuestionsWant to Buy

Anyone want to give me some suggestions?11782

Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Hello friends..
What is going on? Thought I would have more time to be here, but as an essential worker, my part time hours have been currently been bumped up to full time hours. I am not complaining though.
Anyways, I had a day off and I wanted to do a quick video talking about how I am dwindling down my collection. My video is 10 minutes long, I want to get better at getting straight to the point but anyhoo if you have some time to watch it, and give me suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Gabriel85301 I think that's a great thing that you are doing for your nephews!!! I don't know how much you do for buying comics online, but MyComicShop has a weey kly sale with many comics for a buck. Not all of them will have 4 or 5 copies available, but you might find some good buys there. Also, The Comic Mint will often have a 5 or 10 pack of the latest hot comic available. For instance, right now you can preorder a 10 pack of Batman 92 that has 5 cover A and 5 cover B. Just thought I'd throw those out there to ya. Also, I listened to Delta Spirit's People C'mon and I liked it. Thanks for suggesting that!
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Gabriel85301 I got alot of the new 52 jl 12, #1s etc...let me know if you're interested.
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
You cool uncle you - good man! If you want some quantity and some quality issues for them, here is an inexpensive option. From The Comic Mint - great seller of quality issues.
40 Comics for 30 Dollars Packs - 60-80% OFF cover price! This listing is for 40 different comics (you will not receive more than one copy of the same book per pack) The books are from within the last 30 years, with some being quite recent. The books are at least 90% NM. All books are bagged and boarded.
There are currently 3 themes you can choose from: DC Superheroes - Marvel Superheroes - Valiant Comics

These books range from regular covers to open order variants, to cover B variants to incentive ratio variants. There may be overstock from some prior comic mint boxes included. MANY major characters issues included. SHIPS WITHIN 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS WITH IN STOCK ITEMS

And this is how my check out page looked - so it comes to $1/issue delivered.
Subtotal $30.00 - Shipping $9.95 - Total USD $39.95

https://thecomicmint.com/products/30-for-30-insider-packs?variant=19287684415542

Love that X-Men, DeadPool, Abbey Road cover swipe issue and in the dollar bin? Score!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Gabriel85301 Sounds like a fun idea putting books away for them.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Fool
You cool uncle you - good man! If you want some quantity and some quality issues for them, here is an inexpensive option. From The Comic Mint - great seller of quality issues.
40 Comics for 30 Dollars Packs - 60-80% OFF cover price! This listing is for 40 different comics (you will not receive more than one copy of the same book per pack) The books are from within the last 30 years, with some being quite recent. The books are at least 90% NM. All books are bagged and boarded.
There are currently 3 themes you can choose from: DC Superheroes - Marvel Superheroes - Valiant Comics

These books range from regular covers to open order variants, to cover B variants to incentive ratio variants. There may be overstock from some prior comic mint boxes included. MANY major characters issues included. SHIPS WITHIN 7-10 BUSINESS DAYS WITH IN STOCK ITEMS

https://thecomicmint.com/products/30-for-30-insider-packs?variant=19287684415542

Love that X-Men, DeadPool, Abbey Road cover swipe issue and in the dollar bin? Score!

sounds like fun...just read this and bought a set of valiant in like 30 seconds....I was just telling my wife (maybe 7 mins ago) that I wish I didnt give away those 4000 books last year because I'm stuck in house bored out of my mind and wanted some books to go through...this was Devine intervention if there ever were such a thing thnx!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Fool

sounds like fun...just read this and bought a set of valiant in like 30 seconds....I was just telling my wife (maybe 7 mins ago) that I wish I didnt give away those 4000 books last year because I'm stuck in house bored out of my mind and wanted some books to go through...this was Divine intervention if there ever were such a thing thnx!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Promo code “venom” saved me a whole $3
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you everyone!

I had ordered an 8x JL #12 lot on ebay, the guy claimed average grade was NM.. far from it..In the back of all the comics had huge creases, lots of bents, no bags and boards when shipped (but that one is on me because he never mentioned that in his description)

His shipping was pathetic. Oh well, you lose some you gain some.
At least I got the items.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153897242238

I'll have to check out GAC's operation out.

I got a list of stuff/gaps I got.. trying to find the BEST economical means to get many of them in one spot where I can.
Post 10 IP   flag post
597887 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?