Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

Is this worth getting graded , even with the defect ?11778

Collector Eikkichi private msg quote post Address this user
So what’s your opinion on getting this graded ? The book is r really a hot book but maybe cause if the defect ?

Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
There’s a part of the market that seeks out manufacturing errors so if the book is hot (I wasn’t exactly sure if you meant to say it was or was not) then the manufacturing error could give it a bump for the right market
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
There’s a part of the market that seeks out manufacturing errors so if the book is hot (I wasn’t exactly sure if you meant to say it was or was not) then the manufacturing error could give it a bump for the right market

Sorry it isn't a hot book. But dunno if its worth getting it graded
Post 3 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
If you want to sell I’ll buy it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
If you want to sell I’ll buy it.

Thanks man, Out of curiosity what would the offer be ? But Id mainly be keen to see what grade it gets.
How would that defect effect the grade thou ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
The book itself is worth $10 to $15, and I'm not aware of it having any real potential to grow in value over time. However @dielinfinite is right -- there's a lot of folks out there that search for these types of defects. The big question is how much they'll pay for it. Go Collect didn't have any history of sales with that defect and there's only 1 sale for $52 for a 9.8 graded copy.

So is it worth the costs to slab and sell? Personally, I'd say no, but at the same time, I'm not one that falls into the target market here regarding the defect.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawguy1977
The book itself is worth $10 to $15, and I'm not aware of it having any real potential to grow in value over time. However @dielinfinite is right -- there's a lot of folks out there that search for these types of defects. The big question is how much they'll pay for it. Go Collect didn't have any history of sales with that defect and there's only 1 sale for $52 for a 9.8 graded copy.

So is it worth the costs to slab and sell? Personally, I'd say no, but at the same time, I'm not one that falls into the target market here regarding the defect.

Thanks makes sense, Although how would it show if its a defect on Go Collect , Never used it before
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Eikkichi With GoCollect you can view sales history from Ebay, Comic Link and Heritage. They also show current sales listed on Ebay. Nothing on there showed any sales with the defect so it's hard to get a sense of the potential value for it. Maybe that's a good thing in terms of rarity for the book you have -- just hard to say.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Is the entire book mis printed or just the cover?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

Just the cover
Post 10 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Had a x force 2 with same defect. Sold it for 50 percent more than the 9.8 value if that helps 🤷🏻‍♂️
Post 11 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikkichi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

Just the cover

Just curious. That would be interesting if the whole book was misprinted. I like some errors. I like the color code on the top and the more I look at it; the more I’m like; damn! How’d that get missed? Or was it caught and corrected immediately? Is it the only one? Why did it print with the color code? (I have no idea what goes on in printing)

I’ve seen A lot of mis cut/printed Covers, but never to this extreme.
Post 12 IP   flag post
601431 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?