Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Good grief...I will not use CGC any time soon!11766

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I have no time or patience for unwarranted hostility one gets over there.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
I use both. One to keep and one to sell
Same; I get rid of the Coca-Cola.. wait what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I’ve avoided CGC forum. Went through a few threads looking for info. The questions were legit and the responses were sarcastic, rude, or nonsensical with maybe 1-2 relevant answers at that point the OP probably bounced.
Post 27 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
A big problem there is that the thread frequently gets hijacked within a handful of posts toward some subject that the masses feel like thrashing around that day. The closest thing to it that I have seen on here was a question about what eBay coupons were out there by @BigRedOne1944. That took a few left turns, got onto the subject of offers (which I unthinkingly contributed to - apologies), but NOTHING compared to what's on the "Dark Side".
Post 28 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
@HulkSmash lol sorry man. Meant with CGC and CBCS
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Search a little and you will find the forums share a few of the same trolls, in the same clothes. I do tend to find the boards here more user friendly with a few exceptions...but we have our trolls here as well.

Sorry! I’ll try to be better!

But, seriously, one of the many reasons I chose CBCS and this forum was because I perused the boards at CGC.

It seemed too much like a lot of “Comic book guy” from the simpsons.
Plus, I truly think companies should be more active in “policing” their forums.

The battle royale model just isn’t one I find to be conducive to anything other than creating some internet tyrants.

Looking at the posts here, it seemed more positive.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
@HulkSmash lol sorry man. Meant with CGC and CBCS
😂 I had to be hypocritical for a moment. I assumed that is what you meant.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I feel like you’ve just described the internet, in general.

I remember back in the old AOL chat room days, there was this guy who hated me because I didn’t treat him with the reverence he expected.

He told me I couldn’t even talk to him because he’s be on the internet longer than me.

Forums and chat rooms do strange things to people.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
A big problem there is that the thread frequently gets hijacked within a handful of posts toward some subject that the masses feel like thrashing around that day. The closest thing to it that I have seen on here was a question about what eBay coupons were out there by @BigRedOne1944. That took a few left turns, got onto the subject of offers (which I unthinkingly contributed to - apologies), but NOTHING compared to what's on the "Dark Side".

I can think of at least two people over there who consistently derail threads. It happens. I just find what I need and move along.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I feel like you’ve just described the internet, in general.

I remember back in the old AOL chat room days, there was this guy who hated me because I didn’t treat him with the reverence he expected.

He told me I couldn’t even talk to him because he’s be on the internet longer than me.

Forums and chat rooms do strange things to people.

When there is no chance for repercussions, people will say whatever they want when anonymity is there to hide behind.

Post 34 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley

I’m stealing that image!

And in the spirit of take a penny, leave a penny, here’s another Family Circus for you!

Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector agamoto private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray
Coke vs Pepsi. Same business models. Different taste..I'm a Cbcs fan as well!

Sadly, one soda pop consistently outperforms the other when it comes to resale value. Even though the cheaper one is subjectively better.
Post 36 IP   flag post
602214 36 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?