Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
In the history of the medium there have been more issue #1s published than any other number. Show off your first issues here. Any era as long as they are from your collection and they are issue #1.

To kick it off, here’s Playful Little Audrey #1, in which Audrey practices social distancing before social distancing was cool:

Post 1 IP   flag post
Harvey Hits #1 featuring the Phantom:

Post 2 IP   flag post
Sad Sack and the Sarge

Post 3 IP   flag post
Felix’s Nephews Inky and Dinky #1. Note inky’s extra left pupil. Not sure how that managed to slip through.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I spent 30 years only buying issue #1's because some guy at a flea market when I was 10 told me that was the way to go. when I hit 40 I learned that was a crock and I gave away all my issue 1's because they were all from the 70's and 80's and not worth a dime. meanwhile, I missed out on every first appearance known to man...wish I was born in the 30's..things would've been different
Post 5 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Do you have all your comics inside a binder or something?
Post 7 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

I have the same book.
Post 8 IP   flag post

This is my #1 of all #1s

TMNT #1 1st print, CGC 9.0
Post 9 IP   flag post

Post 10 IP   flag post

Tales from the Crypt #20 (#1)
Post 11 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Where do I begin...

OO

mm
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Awesome!!
Post 13 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 14 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 15 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 16 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
I spent 30 years only buying issue #1's because some guy at a flea market when I was 10 told me that was the way to go. when I hit 40 I learned that was a crock and I gave away all my issue 1's because they were all from the 70's and 80's and not worth a dime. meanwhile, I missed out on every first appearance known to man...wish I was born in the 30's..things would've been different

It's still going on. The profiteers are still raiding the shops on Wednesdays for every #1 that comes out.
Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke I collect Harvey comics bound office volumes. The publisher had copies of their entire monthly output bound into hardcover books for office use. They are extremely rare, as only around 5 copies were bound at the time and many have been lost or damaged over the years.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher

It's still going on. The profiteers are still raiding the shops on Wednesdays for every #1 that comes out.

There is a reason publishers have been consistently cranking out new #1s for decades! The funny thing is that back in the golden age starting new titles at #1 was considered risky as publishers felt the audience favored more established titles.
Post 20 IP   flag post

Post 21 IP   flag post

Post 22 IP   flag post
I have located a bound copy of this book, but I haven’t closed the deal yet so this one will have to do:

Post 23 IP   flag post

Post 24 IP   flag post

Post 25 IP   flag post

Post 26 IP   flag post

Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
My favorite #1 that I own.

Post 28 IP   flag post

Post 29 IP   flag post

Post 30 IP   flag post
598015 738 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?