Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Fantastic four 52, blue amulet11756

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

i love these indifferences in these older books. Have you noticed that some fantastic four 52 have a blue amulet on black panther's chest, more have without the amulet? Which one do you have in your collection? Mine is without. What other silver-age books do you know of that have Something different about it
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
What tha..... it's gotta be the merging of other dimensional parallel worlds, with our known world!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
It's the Space Stone. Obviously something happened in some of the 14,000,605 realities Dr. Strange saw, and the Panther wound up with this one, but only some of the Black Panthers out there have it.

It's on a Silver Age book because somehow in those realities Drax got hold of the Time Stone.

edit: My copy doesn't have it. Now I'll be looking for them (with my eyes, not my wallet).
Post 3 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
i love these indifferences in these older books

I too enjoy finding out little pieces of nuance and detail that sticks with you forever once you learn it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I don't know. I think it might be some kinda water drop or Clorox or something. I mean, I haven't researched it yet, but from the look of it, that's what it looks like to me. Just my opinion. That or the printing plate might had of developed a hard buildup of ink in that one spot. That's why some have it, some don't.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

@GanaSoth just go through eBay and look at the copies for sale/sold and see jc penny did a reprint of this and did use the blue amulet. But there are definitely original copies with it
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
...That or the printing plate might had of developed a hard buildup of ink in that one spot. That's why some have it, some don't.

Yeah, I know. Good find BTW.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Never noticed/knew this. I'd be curious if there's an official backstory somewhere?
Anyway, mine has the vibranium amulet
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
...That or the printing plate might had of developed a hard buildup of ink in that one spot. That's why some have it, some don't.

Yeah, it's the plate. Unless Doctor Doom has a vibranium beauty mark.... Haha

With vibranium beauty mark:

Without vibranium beauty mark:

Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector KeepItClunky private msg quote post Address this user
Nice, now I gotta check my FF 39 too.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth we could call that the Cindy Crawford or maybe the Blake lively effect
Post 12 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
So what was it, a week or two ago I was told I had the "wrong" Captain America #100 (yellow outline, not white). And now I find I don't have the right FF's!

Here's my Cindy Crawford FF #39.

Post 13 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Now my FF #52 is interesting. Could that Blue Amulet have floated up to just above his left eye? Not sure if you can even see it in this scan.

How about here?

Post 14 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like one of those rivets popped off and fell down to panther's eye.
Post 15 IP   flag post
604022 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?