Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
I always thought Stan Lee was the biggest name in comics. Since his passing who do you think is now the legend of our industry? Perhaps a few people?

I thought it would be interesting to see what you all think.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
Neal Adams, Jim Steranko
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
He was the biggest name in the movie generation of comics...the biggest name in comics hands down was Jack Kirby.....

Nowdays its perhaps Jim lee, or Kevin Feige….
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Morgd120 private msg quote post Address this user
Joe Sinnott..
Post 4 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Spider-Man
Post 5 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Todd McFarlane
Post 6 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Joe Kubert. Created great things and his school produces top artists for today.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Liefeld. Good or bad, he gets people talking about his work and it still sells.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoosh5492
I always thought Stan Lee was the biggest name in comics. Since his passing who do you think is now the legend of our industry? Perhaps a few people?

I thought it would be interesting to see what you all think.

Who are your picks?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Jim Starlin, Denny O’Neil, Marv Wolfman, John Romita Sr., Roy Thomas, Barry Windsor-Smith, Michael William Kaluta...etc
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
Len Wein, Herb Trimpe, George Perez, Chris Claremont, Alan Moore
Post 11 IP   flag post
Todd McFarlane, Jim Lee, Chris Claremont
Post 12 IP   flag post
Frank Miller and Neil Gaiman need to be thrown into the mix as well.
Post 13 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I love Stan Lee and I recognize his incredible contribution to comics but there's one who I believe contributed more and that's Jack Kirby.

Now who sits at the top is probably Jim Steranko or Neal Adams.
Post 14 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Yoosh5492 - You meant living legends, right? Some of the names being mentioned are unfortunately gone.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Peach Momoko, Shannon Maer, and JeeHyung Lee.
I dont know who they are, but I can't throw a stone at my email without seeing their names every day.
I didn't even get emails about Stan every day
Post 16 IP   flag post
As much as I love Steranko and his artwork, he really doesn't impact the comic book world actively anymore. In fact, a brief search on Grand Comics Database (aka comics.org), shows his last published works being in 1970. I know people are going to have a problem with this, but he is not Stan Lee level legacy. He has influenced many artists, is loved by many fans (including myself), but I think he falls short of being THE Stan Lee replacement.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Carmine Infantino. The guy basically invented the Silver Age style most DC fans recognize. He was called Carmine the Great for a reason...
Post 18 IP   flag post
Ok, I didn't think the date on Steranko sounded right in my post, so I went back and dug some more. It looks like the late 80's was about when Steranko really slowed down being a presence in the comic book industry. He has done covers and such since then, but I don't believe he really worked on any one series for at least the last 30 years. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Edit - from wikipedia.

Post 19 IP   flag post
@esaravo Yes, living legends.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Going by the amounts they charge (and their availability) I would say Todd McFalane, Frank Miller, and John Romita.

Of course, their fees pale in comparison to the celebrities that play their creations on the silver screen.
Post 21 IP   flag post
598060 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?