Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Golden Age

Cool 800 book submission just came in....11700

Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock Some really cool books, Steve. Will these get the new CBCS cases or will they be slabbed in the current cases?
Post 26 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despain
@sborock Some really cool books, Steve. Will these get the new CBCS cases or will they be slabbed in the current cases?

Not 100% sure, but maybe we will use the new holder since the order is not due out for 5 weeks.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock Thanks for the response! These comics will look great in the new holder. 🙂
Post 28 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlord
I can't imagine what the turn around is on 800 books!

Methinks ALL the TAT's just got 800 books longer. Sad emoji ( I just felt like writing it instead)

Not at all. We can handle the volume.

He speaks the facts. CBCS did indeed turn around my 1,200+ SDCC submission in 2 1/2 to 5 weeks (including shipping) last July/August. During that time i believe that their stated non-press submission
TAT dropped from 6 wks to 5 wks.

They got this. And that 800 comic submission looks pretty cool.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Deadman private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. So many cool old books. Looks like you have lots to keep you busy in quarantine!
Post 30 IP   flag post

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock Any GA in high grade 9.2 on up by chance?
Post 31 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@BigRedOne1944 these are just pictures of books. Theres no names attached to them. this is no different than finding a book on the internet for the Weekly cover contest. There is no confidential issues.

Bingo!

Steve
I feel the question was side stepped.

I very much understand that, if there were photos already posted on line by the owner of the books.

But taking the liberty of posting photos yourself is a different story, names attached or not.

I know its not a huge deal, but what if I don't wish to have photos of my submitted books posted? At least not without my consent.

What if I submit a super high grade AF#15 ( yea, like I got one :oops I may wish for that book not to be seen pre-grading, and wish to post it myself after it has been slabbed and returned to my possession.

Im just trying to verify CBCS's policy while my books are in their possession.

Regards
John
Post 32 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 it's all in the terms and conditions under item 14.

Post 33 IP   flag post
601505 33 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?