Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Silver AgeFor Sale

Graded Comics for Sale by Scifinator!11668

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
No need to apologize since I didn't buy your book.

I bought the book. We settled on a cash price with local pick-up. If it was not White Page Quality I would not have bought it as it's not old enough to justify OW/W page quality. If it was CGC graded I probably would not have bought it. It's a long term keeper and I prefer my long-term personal books to be in a CBCS slab. I'm of the belief that the public will come around to recognize CBCS as the more consistent grading company over the long run.
If I had bought the $169 book on Ebay I would have likely paid a net of $200 at checkout for same or lower quality book. So I don't think it's a fair comparison. I've never really thought of it as a sellers responsibility to educate me on the lowest end of the market...whether that number be accurate or misleading.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
No need to apologize since I didn't buy your book.

I bought the book. We settled on a cash price with local pick-up. If it was not White Page Quality I would not have bought it as it's not old enough to justify OW/W page quality. If it was CGC graded I probably would not have bought it. It's a long term keeper and I prefer my long-term personal books to be in a CBCS slab. I'm of the belief that the public will come around to recognize CBCS as the more consistent grading company over the long run.
If I had bought the $169 book on Ebay I would have likely paid a net of $200 at checkout for same or lower quality book. So I don't think it's a fair comparison. I've never really thought of it as a sellers responsibility to educate me on the lowest end of the market...whether that number be accurate or misleading.

You may be a more experience collector therefore you would most likely research the price before purchasing the book. How many new posters, or even long time posters, post threads asking if they made the right purchase or if they should return the book? Probably at least a couple a month. That may not be a lot, but the fact that they're posting on this board asking for opinions from board members about their purchase mean they have some trust in other people's opinion.

If posters are trusting other member's opinion's shouldn't they also be able to trust the information someone is putting in a sales thread on this board as accurate?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
If posters are trusting other member's opinion's shouldn't they also be able to trust the information someone is putting in a sales thread on this board as accurate?

@50AE_DE There are some situations where I would agree with you, that the omission of information could make the presented information inaccurate. Particularly if @Scifinator was asking for a price higher than what is available in other places. But one bit of information that you did not include is that in this case @Scifinator had offered the book to the forum at the lowest price on the major internet markets. By that I mean Ebay, MCS, Comiclink and Comicconnet. No one is offering a 9.0 with White pages for $180 shipped or less, and in many cases sales tax would be added to the asking price. So they seller presents the item to the forum with the lowest available price on the internet and gets called out as misleading the forum members about the value of the book. I just don't think that's fair and I don't think his reputation deserves that hit.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
I agree that he offered the book at a lower price than was available on other sites, but I don't agree with not including information on the other sales.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Up for Sale! Volume 1 of John Byrne's NextMen issue 21 which contained the first Appearance in color of HELL BOY!

This offered CBCS 9.0 Very Fine / Near Mint first print edition with WHITE Pages, also has a Mike Mignola back cover pinup.

Cover Art by Mike Mignola
Page Art by Mike Mignola & John Byrne
Inkers - John Byrne & Mike Mignola
Writer - John Byrne
Colorist - Matt Webb

Offered to CBCS Forum members at $110 w/FREE domestic shipping while currently lists for $204 on ComicsPriceGuide.com and $151 currently being the lowest offered price with shipping for a 9.0 on eBay.

Freshly graded in March 2020, the photos reflect that the slab within the protective plastic outer bag.

Post 30 IP   flag post

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Freshly Graded 9.8 near Mint / MINT in August 2019 and has NOT been pressed and is unrestored. Original owner since publication. Photos reflect that slab remains in its protective bag.

Up for Sale at $50 w/FREE domestic shipping! WildThing # 1 Volume 1. This is the 1st issue Featuring an Embossed Cover along with appearance by US Agent in addition to the following First Appearances - Wild Thing Nikki Doyle, Detective Trout, & Liddel along with appearances by Venom, Carnage, Wolverine, Spider-Man, Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk, and much of the MCU!

This looks to be the HIGHEST and possibly the only CBCS Graded example as I have seen no others. Additionally, as of 04/20, the CGC Census reveals only 48 graded examples at this level and NONE Higher

Cover Art by Duke Mighten
Page Art by Duke Mighten
Inkers - Duke Mighten
Writer - Michael Bennent & Simon Jowett
Colorist - Steve Whitaker
Letters - Elitta Fell
Editor - Michael Bennent

Post 31 IP   flag post
SOLD - Next Men 21 9.0
Post 32 IP   flag post
More! Give us more!
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
More! Give us more!

Only so much time. Lol
Post 34 IP   flag post
Up for Sale at $63 - XMen Ashcan Edition # nn - Featuring the Origin of the X-Men retold & brief history of the X-Men.

This 9.8 Near Mint / MINT looks to be the HIGHEST CBCS Graded example of this issue as I have seen no others higher, and is additionally desirable with CBCS's fresh printing quality WHITE pages designation. There are only 11 graded this high in the current CGC census & NONE graded higher!

Cover Art by Bill Sienkiewicz

With FREE domestic shipping or International shipping at cost with no markups!

Post 35 IP   flag post
Up for Sale at $129! The Sixth Gun # 1 - Variant Free Comic Book Day Edition! Featuring the First Appearance of Drake Sinclair! This edition predates the 1st commercial release of the Sixth Gun and currently lists for $224 in ComicsPriceGuide.com.

At CGC 9.8 NMint / MINT, this stands as the HIGHEST graded example of this issue, and is additionally desirable with CGC fresh printing quality White pages designation. There are 50 copies graded at this level and NONE higher in the current CGC (4/20) census.

Cover Art by Brian Hurtt
Page Art by - Brian Hurtt
Inkers -
Writer - Cullen Bunn
Colorist - Brian Hurtt & Bill Crabtree

With FREE domestic shipping OR International shipping at cost with no markups!

Post 36 IP   flag post
Up for Sale at $163! X-Men # 66 Volume 1 - This important early issue of X-Men contains the Last new story w/original X-Men. 1st & only appearance of Incredible Hulk X-Men title & Major Glenn Talbot appearance. Additionally, this issue
features Cyclops, Marvel Girl/Jean Grey, Angel, Beast, IceMan, Lorna Dane, Havok, and Professor X Charles Xavier.

Freshly Graded 8.0 Very Fine with WHITE Pages in February 2020 and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab has not been removed from protective bag hence some color/reflection effects.

This vintage Bronze Age comic is additionally desirable with CBCS's fresh printing quality WHITE pages designation.

Cover Art by Marie Severin, Sam Grainger & Sam Rosen
Page Art by Sal Buscema
Inkers - Sam Grainger
Writer - Roy Thomas
Colorist -
Letters - Artie Simek
Editor - Stan Lee

Post 37 IP   flag post
Up for Sale @ $300! X-Men # 98 Volume 1 - This important early issue of X-Men contains the First appearance the new MK III Sentinels and Amanda Sefton (Jimaine Szardos). Additionally, this issue features Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Jean Grey, Moira MacTaggert, Dr. Peter Corbeauand Professor X Charles Xavier. Currently lists for $312.40 in ComicsPriceGuide.com.

Freshly Graded 9.6 Near MINT + with WHITE Pages in February 2020 and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab has not been removed from protective bag hence some color/reflection effects.

This vintage Bronze Age comic may be the HIGHEST CBCS graded example as I have seen none higher and is additionally desirable with CBCS's fresh printing quality WHITE pages designation. There are only examples graded one level higher in the CGC census as of Feb 2020.+

Cover Art by Dave Cockrum & Gaspar Saldino
Page Art by Dave Cockrum
Inkers - Sam Grainger
Writer - Chris Claremont
Colorist - Janice Cohen
Letters - Joe Rosen
Editor - Marv Wolfman

Post 38 IP   flag post
Up for Sale @ $125! X-Men # 97 Volume 1 - This important early issue of X-Men contains the First appearance of Lorna Dane as Polaris and Eric the Red (Davan Shakari) along with first appearances of Shi'ar, Lilandra Neramani, & Emperor D'Ken (in Dream). Additionally, this issue
features Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Jean Grey, Moira MacTaggert, Havok, and Professor X Charles Xavier. Currently Lists for $125 (w/o shipping) in ComicsPriceGuide.com.

This vintage Bronze Age comic was Freshly Graded 8.0 Very Fine with Off White - WHITE Pages in February 2020 and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab has not been removed from protective bag hence some color/reflection effects.

Cover Art by Dave Cockrum, Rich Buckler & Danny Crespi
Page Art by Dave Cockrum
Inkers - Sam Grainger
Writer - Chris Claremont
Colorist - Don Warfield
Letters - Annette Kawecki
Editor - Marv Wolfman

Post 39 IP   flag post
Up for Sale @150! X-Men # 99 Volume 1 - "DEATHSTAR Rising" - Yes, almost a year before the release of Star Wars: A New Hope, Marvel titled this issue Deathstar Rising! This important early issue of X-Men contains the First appearance of the X-men-Sentinels and Black Tom Cassidy (Thomas Samuel Eamon Cassidy). Additionally, this issue features Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Jean Grey, Stephan Lang, Dr. Peter Corbeau and Professor X Charles Xavier. Currently lists in ComicsPriceGuide.com for $210.

This vintage Bronze Age comic is additionally desirable with CBCS's near fresh printing quality Off-White / WHITE pages designation and was Freshly Graded in Feb 2020.

Cover Art by Dave Cockrum & Irving Watanabe
Page Art by Dave Cockrum
Inkers - Frank Chiara
Writer - Chris Claremont
Colorist - Michelle W
Letters - Irving W
Editor - Marv Wolfman

Post 40 IP   flag post
My X-Men eXodus continues....

Up for Sale @ $549.00 - X-Men # 12 Volume 1 - Currently lists in ComicsPriceGuide.com for $613 - This important early issue of X-Men contains not only the first appearance of powerhouse villain Juggernaut, but the Origin of X-Men mentor Professor Charles Xavier as well. Features Jack Kirby Cover & Art as well Stan Lee as Writer! Also, Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Angel, Beast, IceMan, and Professor X, along with Dr. Kurt Marko, Brian Xavier, Sharon Xavier-Marko.

Freshly Graded 5.5 Fine - with WHITE Pages in January 2020 and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab has not been removed from protective bag hence some color/reflection effects.

Cover Art by Jack Kirby, Frank Giacioa, & Sam Rosen
Page Art by Jack Kirby & Alex Toth
Inkers - Vince Colletta
Writer - Stan Lee
Colorist -
Letters - Sam Rosen
Editor - Stan Lee

With FREE domestic shipping included OR International shipping at cost with no markups!

Post 41 IP   flag post
Up for Sale @ $149! X-Men # 26 Volume 1 - This important early issue of X-Men contains the second appearance of El Tigre / Kukulcan (Juan Meroz), and the first time someone state outloud that Scott Sommers has feelings for Jean Grey. Additionally, this issue has disputed penciler credit--Werner Roth alone per the original indexer; Werner Roth with an assist on the Kulkulkan figure by Jack Kirby per Steve Whitaker, Nick Caputo, Carl Gafford, and Michael Evans. Kirby Cover & Art as well Stan Lee as Writer!
Features Cyclops, Jean Grey, Angel, Beast, IceMan, and Professor X Charles Xavier.

This vintage Silver Age comic was Freshly Graded 8.0 Very Fine with Off-White/White Pages in February 2020 and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab has not been removed from protective bag hence some color/reflection effects.

Cover Art by Werner Roth & Jack Kirby, Dick Ayers & Sam Rosen
Page Art by Werner Roth & Jack Kirby
Inkers - Dick Ayers
Writer - Roy Thomas & Stan Lee
Colorist -
Letters - Sam Rosen
Editor - Stan Lee

With FREE Domestic shipping OR International shipping at cost with no markups!
Post 42 IP   flag post
oops!

Post 43 IP   flag post
The rest of my X-Men eXodus will be in numerical order, starting with......

Offered at $94 - X-Men # 105 Volume 1 - "PHOENIX UNLEASHED!" - This Key issue of X-Men contains the First time Princess Lilandra Neramani's name and face are revealed plus 1st appearances of Captain K'rk and Mr. S'lar. Additionally, this issue features Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Phoenix (Jean Grey), Firelord, Eric the Red, Misty Knight, Havok, and Professor X Charles Xavier.

Currently lists at $96 in ComicsPriceGuide.com, this was Freshly Graded 8.5 Very Fine + with WHITE Pages in February 2020 and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab has not been removed from protective bag hence some color/reflection effects.

Cover Art by Dave Cockrum & Danny Crespi
Page Art by Dave Cockrum
Inkers - Bob Layton
Writer - Chris Claremont
Colorist - Andy Yanchus
Letters - Tom Orz
Editor - Archie Goodwin

Post 44 IP   flag post
No, You are not seeing double...Different grade.

Offered at $219 - X-Men # 105 Volume 1 - "PHOENIX UNLEASHED!" - This Key issue of X-Men contains the First time Princess Lilandra Neramani's name and face are revealed plus 1st appearances of Captain K'rk and Mr. S'lar. Additionally, this issue features Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Phoenix (Jean Grey), Firelord, Eric the Red, Misty Knight, Havok, and Professor X Charles Xavier.

Currently lists at $320 in ComicsPriceGuide.com, this was Freshly Graded 9.4 Near MINT with Off-White to WHITE Pages in February 2020 and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab has not been removed from protective bag hence some color/reflection effects.

Cover Art by Dave Cockrum & Danny Crespi
Page Art by Dave Cockrum
Inkers - Bob Layton
Writer - Chris Claremont
Colorist - Andy Yanchus
Letters - Tom Orz
Editor - Archie Goodwin

Post 45 IP   flag post
So much for my numerical order...

Freshly Graded 9.4 near MINT in June 2019 w/WHITE Pages and has NOT been restored and currently lists at $600 (w/o signature) in ComicsPriceGuide.com...

I offer up @ $450 - Volume 1 of issue 100 X Men with verified signature of Dave Cockrum, featuring the Origin of Phoenix Jean Grey (X Men Dark Phoenix motion picture tie-in) and New XMen vs the X-Sentinals disguised as old X-men. Also contains following 1st appearances and special uncanny details:

Featured Characters:
Council of the Chosen (First Appearance in Flashback)

1st utilization of the "Fastball Special" maneuver by Colossus and Wolverine (First Appearance)

Cover Art by Dave Cockrum
Page Art by Dave Cockrum
Inkers - Dave Cockrum
Writer - Chris Claremont
Colorist - Bonnie Wilford
Letters - Annette Kawecki
Editor - Marv Wolfman

Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Dave Cockrum.

History of the name Cockrum.
Back in the day, they used to pass out more "Americanized" names to immigrants.

The following is an reenactment:

(Two Government guys taking down names talking to each other as they collect names of immigrants.)

"What is your Christian name sir?"

Immigrant from Ireland speaks "Kokrane."

Government guy number one says to the other "How do we spell this?

Government guy number two answers, "Well, he smells like two things to me."

Both laugh menacingly as they record the immigrants new name spelling.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Up for Sale @ $90 - X-Men # 113 Volume 1 - This issue of X-Men contains the Empress Lilandra Neramani & Magneto. Additionally, this issue features Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee, Phoenix (Jean Grey), Beast, and Professor X Charles Xavier. Edition! - Currently lists for $112 in ComicsPriceGuide.com.

Freshly Graded 9.2 Near MINT- with WHITE Pages in February 2020 and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab has not been removed from protective bag hence some color/reflection effects.

Cover Art by John Byrne, Bob Layton & Danny Crespi
Page Art by John Byrne
Inkers - Terry Austin
Writer - Chris Claremont
Colorist - Glynis Wein
Letters - Annette Kaweck
Editor - Roger Stern

With FREE domestic shipping or International shipping at cost with no markups!

Post 48 IP   flag post
Up for Sale at $84.99! X-Men # 118 Volume 1 - This issue of X-Men contains the First appearance of Mariko Yashida. Additionally, this issue features Sunfire, Empress Lilandra Neramani, Daughters of the Dragon, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, Moses Magnum, Iron Fist along with Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee, and Professor X Charles Xavier.

Freshly Graded 9.0 Very Fine Near MINT with WHITE Pages in February 2020 and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab has not been removed from protective bag hence some color/reflection effects.

Cover Art by Dave Cockrum, Terry Austin & John Costanza
Page Art by John Byrne
Inkers - Rik Villamonte
Writer - Chris Claremont & John Byrne
Colorist - Glynis Wein
Letters - Tom Orzechowski
Editor - Roger Stern

Post 49 IP   flag post
Current Value lists $300 in ComicsPriceGuide.com.

Up for Sale @ $160 - X-Men # 119 Volume 1 - This issue of X-Men contains the First appearance of Proteus (Kevin MacTaggert). Additionally, this issue features Sunfire, Havok, Polaris, Dr. Moira MacTaggert, Multiple Man, Mariko Yashida, Daughters of the Dragon, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, Moses Magnum, along with Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee, and Professor X Charles Xavier.

Freshly Graded 9.6 Near MINT + with WHITE Pages in February 2020 and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab has not been removed from protective bag hence some color/reflection effects.

Cover Art by Dave Cockrum & Terry Austin
Page Art by John Byrne
Inkers - Terry Austin
Colorist - Glynis Wein
Letters - John Costanza
Editor - Roger Stern

With FREE domestic shipping OR International shipping at cost with NO markups!

Post 50 IP   flag post
Up for Sale @ $159.90! X-Men # 120 - Featuring First Appearances of Alpha Flight, Vindicator, Northstar, Aurora, Sasquatch, Shaman, & Snowbird along with Sunfire, Mariko Yashida, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, & Banshee!

Currently lists for over $200 in ComicsPriceGuide.Com

You will want to get this before Alpha Flight starts appearing in upcoming Marvel MCU Movies as recently referenced by Logan Producer Simon Kinberg.

Freshly graded 9.2 Near MINT - with WHITE Pages January 2020, original owner since publication and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab remains within its protective plastic bag which explains color patterns and reflections.

Cover Art by Terry Austin, Bob Budianski & Danny Crespi
Page Art by John Byrne
Inkers - Terry Austin
Colorist - Glynis Wein
Editor - Roger Stern

Post 51 IP   flag post
Up for Sale as @239.99! X-Men # 121 - Featuring First FULL Appearances of Alpha Flight, Vindicator, Northstar, Aurora, Sasquatch, Shaman, & Snowbird along with Daughters of the Dragon, Misty Knight & Colleen Wing, also, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, & Banshee! Currently lists for $450 in ComicsPriceGuide.Com

You will want to get this before Alpha Flight starts appearing in upcoming Marvel MCU Movies as recently referenced by Logan Producer Simon Kinberg.

Freshly graded 9.6 Near MINT + WHITE Pages January 2020, original owner since publication and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab remains within its protective plastic bag which explains color patterns and reflections.

Cover Art by Dave Cockrum, Terry Austin, & Gaspar Saladino
Page Art by John Byrne
Inkers - Terry Austin
Colorist - Glynis Wein
Letters - Diana Albers & John Costanza
Editor - Roger Stern

Post 52 IP   flag post
Up for Sale @ $135! X-Men #122 - Featuring First Appearance of Jason Wyngarde as Mastermind, Maelen, in addition to the first revealing Origin of Colossus (Piotr Rasputin) full name, along with Juggernaut, Black Tom Cassidy, Arcade, Miss Locke, Shi'ar, Daughters of the Dragon, Misty Knight & Colleen Wing, Power Man, Multiple Man, Empress Lilandra Neramani, Polaris, Dr. Moira MacTaggert, Havok, Phoenix (Jean Grey) also, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee & Professor X (Charles Xavier)!

Currently lists for $160 in ComicsPriceGuide.Com

Freshly graded 9.4 Near MINT w/ WHITE Pages January 2020, original owner since publication and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab remains within its protective plastic bag which explains color patterns and reflections.

Cover Art by Dave Cockrum, Terry Austin, & Gaspar Saladino
Page Art by John Byrne
Inkers - Terry Austin
Colorist - Glynis Wein
Editor - Roger Stern

With FREE Domestic shipping OR International shipping at cost with no markups!

Post 53 IP   flag post
Up for Sale @ $187! X-Men #127 - First Appearance of Jennie Banks (possed by Proteus) along with Proteus (Kevin MacTaggert, Dr. Moira MacTaggert, Havok, Polaris, in addition, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Phoenix (Jean Grey) Colossus, Nightcrawler, & Banshee! Currently lists for $320 in ComicsPriceGuide . com and will probably get hotter with Xmen coming to MCU!

At a CBCS 9.8 Near Mint / MINT with WHITE Pages, this is the HIGHEST Graded example (1 of 6) and was freshly graded in February 2020, original owner since publication and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab remains within its protective plastic bag which explains color patterns and reflections.

Cover Art by John Byrne, Terry Austin & Danni Crespi
Page Art by John Byrne
Inkers - Terry Austin
Colorist - Glynis Wein
Editor - Roger Stern

Post 54 IP   flag post
Up for Sale @ $179.00 - Uncanny X-Men #128 (Newsstand Edition) - "The Action of the Tiger" Joe MacTaggert possessed by Proteus and apparent death of Proteus.ennie Banks along with Magento appearance and Proteus (Kevin MacTaggert, Dr. Moira MacTaggert, Havok, Polaris, in addition, Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Phoenix (Jean Grey) Colossus, Nightcrawler, & Banshee!

Currently lists for $240 in ComicsPriceGuide.com and will probably get hotter with Xmen coming to MCU!

Freshly graded 9.6 Near MINT + February 2020, original owner since publication and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab remains within its protective plastic bag which explains color patterns and reflections.

This CBCS 9.6 may be the Single HIGHEST Graded example in the CBCS Population report*, and is additionally desirable with CBCS fresh printing quality WHITE pages designation. There is only one example graded higher in the CGC (02/20) census. *It doesn't appear that CBCS differentiated between Newsstand and Direct prior to 2017.

Cover Art by George Perez, Terry Austin & Danny Crespi
Page Art by John Byrne
Inkers - Terry Austin
Colorist - Glynis Wein
Editor - Roger Stern

Post 55 IP   flag post
601359 96 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?