Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Silver AgeFor Sale

Graded Comics for Sale by Scifinator!11668

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Hey fellow comics fans & friends. Some of you know that I am posting up a large portion of my freshly graded comics on ebay. Besides my 400 or so ebay listings, I also have over 1,000 additional modern comics that are not yet listed. Major publishers and independents!

Yes, there are a few items that are ridiculously high priced in my ebay store, but I really don't want to sell those items and honestly, they are there as clickbait to attract attention. But hey, if someone wants to pay that, then ok. You are certainly welcome to buy from my ebay store format if you prefer, but I will obviously be discounting through this forum.

ABOUT SHIPPING & PAYMENT

FREE domestic insured shipping via fedex ground OR faster service at cost(no markup). International shipping available via USPS or UPS. Payment via Apple Pay, Venmo, or standard paypal (not friends & family) so all are protected. Payments received by 1pm PST Monday - Friday will ship out the same day. Returns accepted within 14 days of buyers receipt at buyer cost.

Here is a sample of my packaging:

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Got a link to your FeeBay store?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
SOLD First up......A KEY! Up for Sale! Daredevil #168 - Featuring the First appearance and Origin of Elecktra Elektra Electra Natchios and Athos & Grotto, along Matt Murdock!

Currently lists for $251 in ComicsPriceGuide.com and will probably get hotter with Daredevil coming to MCU! A 9.0 just sold on ebay on March 13th for $250 plus shipping. You can buy directly from me for only $180 with domestic insured shipping included!

Freshly graded 9.0 Very Fine / Near MINT February 2020, original owner since publication and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab remains within its protective plastic bag which explains color patterns and reflections.

This CBCS 9.0 is additionally desirable with CBCS fresh printing quality WHITE pages designation.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
FFeaturing the First appearance and Origin of Electra Natchios

lol...time to take a break and get some snacks...I read Electra Nachos!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
FFeaturing the First appearance and Origin of Electra Natchios

lol...time to take a break and get some snacks...I read Electra Nachos!!!

It’s nacho typical comic
Post 6 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
PM sent
Post 7 IP   flag post
Daredevil 168 SOLD
Post 8 IP   flag post
Next up for Sale! - X-O Manawar # 0 - Features the ORIGIN of Aric of Dacia, FIRST comic book w/ FULL Wraparound Chromium Cover, and the following 1st appearances and special details:

Solar, Man of the Atom
Mapgiver (First Appearance)
Visigoth's
Alaric (First Appearance)
Diedre (First Appearance)
Gafti (First Appearance)
Inga (First Appearance)
Rolf (First Appearance)
Villains:

Spider Aliens
First Among Equals

Freshly Graded 9.4 Near MINT in August 2019 and has NOT been pressed and is unrestored. Photos reflect slab has not been removed from protective bag.

This is additionally desirable with CBCS fresh printing quality White pages designation. There are copies graded higher in the CGC (10/19) census, but can you trust their grades?.

Asking $40 w/free domestic shipping

Post 9 IP   flag post
Here is the link to my ebay store if you want to see my current listings.
clickable text

Of course forum members will receive substantial discounts on most items, so feel free to PM me through this forum if there is something you are interested in, as family time and work will make it difficult to get everything listed here. I will work on getting a list on my thousand books that are not listed.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Next up today at $49 with FREE domestic shipping - WILDC.A.T.s #1 NOTE: the 2020 ebay sales for 9.8's has averaged $62 before shipping added.

Freshly Graded 9.8 NM / MT in May 2019 and have NOT been pressed and are unrestored. Original owner.

Premier 1st issue of Jim Lee's WILD CATS which contains the intact WildCATS Trading Card insert and the following 1st appearances and special details:

Featured Characters:

WildC.A.T.s (First Appearance)
Grifter (Cole Cash) (First Appearance)
Jacob Marlowe (Lord Emp) (First Appearance)
Maul (Jeremy Stone) (First Appearance)
Spartan (Hadrian 7) (First Appearance)
Void (Adrianna Tereshkova) (First Appearance)
Warblade (Reno Bryce) (First Appearance)
Zealot ([link removed by eBay]) (First Appearance)
Andy Stansfield (First Appearance)
Sal (First Appearance)

This was one of the inagural titles of Image Comics and was published in 8/1992 and would ultimately become the first Wildstorm title.

These CBCS 9.8 look to be the second HIGHEST Graded examples as I have a higher graded example, and are additionally desirable with CBCS fresh printing quality WHITE pages designation. There are NONE graded higher in the CGC (01/20) census.

Note: unlike most of my listings, this is a stock photo and your cbcs cert # will differ, but all are from the same cbcs certification batch.
Post 11 IP   flag post
In seemingly random order, we have a 9.0 X-Men 140 for $45 including FREE domestic shipping! GoCollect.com currently lists at $48 before shipping.

Freshly graded in January 2020, original owner since publication and has NOT been restored. Photos reflect slab remains within its protective plastic bag which explains color patterns and reflections.

Newsstand Edition - Featuring the appearances Kitty Pride as Sprite, Heather Hudson, Steve Hunter, & Eileen Parnall, Wolverine (Logan), Storm, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Professor X, Beast, Angel, and Alpha Flight, Vindicator, Shaman, & Snowbird, Plus Wendigo & Blob as the antagonists!

This CBCS 9.0 is additionally desirable with CBCS fresh printing quality WHITE pages designation.

Post 12 IP   flag post
SOLD - With a CGC 9.6 grade, currently lists for $225 in COMICSPRICEGUIDE.COM. Yours for only $140 with domestic shipping included!

This is an incredible book that includes "Vanth" and "The Meeting" which are chapters of Jim Starlin's Metamorphosis Odyssey, a story which eventually led to the long running Dreadstar franchise. Jim Starlin's work are becoming very sought after in part due to his Silver Surfer works.
This CGC 9.6 nMint+ is the second Highest Graded example, and is further enhancing its desirability, as CGC has assigned its newsstand-fresh page quality designation, White Pages.

Cover Art by Paul Gulacy
Page Art by JIM STARLIN, Michael Golden, Paul Gulacy, Richard Corben, P. Craig Russell, & Tim Conrad
Inker - JIM STARLIN, Michael Golden, Paul Gulacy, Richard Corben, P. Craig Russell, & Tim Conrad
Writer - Roy Thomas JIM STARLIN, Michael Golden, Dennis O'neil, Archie Goodwin, Doug Moench, & Mike W. Barr
Colorist - JIM STARLIN, P. Craig Russell

Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Your price references go from eBay sales to gocollect then to comicspriceguide.Com. Which one of these sites accurately list previous sales because it seems like some recent low sales have been omitted from their calculations.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Your price references go from eBay sales to gocollect then to comicspriceguide.Com. Which one of these sites accurately list previous sales because it seems like some recent low sales have been omitted from their calculations.

They are reference points. So in a case like wildcats, the price guides are not as relevant when the sales over the last three 1/2 months on ebay are all above guide. No source is perfect guides are exactly that, guides not definitives. On the DD 168 my price (w/shipping) was below guide and most buy it nows. Sure, you’ll find auctions on most that Re below guides, but i am not auctioning.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Sure, you’ll find auctions on most that Re below guides, but i am not auctioning

@Scifinator, Agreed.
Auctions are only partially relevant to market value. Unless a book is rarely offered for sale, auctions really just establish the very low-end or liquidation value of the market. The seller is guaranteed a sale and the bidders only have incentive to bid if they can get it cheaper than anywhere else. The rational outcome of this should always be below market selling prices (although our industry does not always behave completely rationally). Whenever I see a low auction end price and wish I had bid, I have to remember that it was never possible for me to get the book at that price. My participation in the auction finish would have forced the final price up by an unknown amount.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

They are reference points. So in a case like wildcats, the price guides are not as relevant when the sales over the last three 1/2 months on ebay are all above guide. No source is perfect guides are exactly that, guides not definitives. On the DD 168 my price (w/shipping) was below guide and most buy it nows. Sure, you’ll find auctions on most that Re below guides, but i am not auctioning.

I agree that no guide is perfect. You can charge what you want for your books, but it's kind of misleading if the sites don't track all sales.

Quote:
Currently lists for $251 in ComicsPriceGuide.com and will probably get hotter with Daredevil coming to MCU! A 9.0 just sold on ebay on March 13th for $250 plus shipping. You can buy directly from me for only $180 with domestic insured shipping included!

You can see below that 3 copies of Daredevil 168 9.0 sold for $149.99, $160, and $169. The one that sold for $149.99 was sold on 4/2. The one for $160 on 4/13 and the $169 sold 3/6. The one that sold for $250 was sold on 3/12 which included free shipping. If you were pricing that book based on comicspriceguide.com then it appears the information they provided wasn't accurate, unless they're getting the sold data off another site.

Post 17 IP   flag post
@50AE_DE I hear you, but my references are.....references. Mot be all end all and certainly not misleading. It can easily be said that you information points are more misleading referencing 5)3 149.99 off-white to white sale, but I won’t go there. Have a great day. I have to go to work now.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Right, just like they missed the 9.0 with white pages that sold for $160 on the same day as the one that sold for $250 with free shipping.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@50AE_DE - Ahhh yes, thank you for pointing out that someone sold a more prevalent newsstand edition for $10 less than the rarer Direct cover edition.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Or the 9.0 direct edition with white pages that sold for $169 on 3/2.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@50AE_DE - Yup, you are definitely onto something with with citing the one that actually ended on 3/6 (not 3/2) and was listed for only 6 days, and with shipping came to $183.90 (Before any applicable TAX). While I offered one up for $180 with NO Tax, FREE shipping, and referenced a 3/12 BIN sale at $250.

Some simple math (not including tax)...183.90 + 250 = 433.90 / 2 = avg selling price of $216.95. Uh-oh, that is $34.05 below the $251 comicspriceguide.com fmv I reference. My apologies as I am obviously guilty of an egregious misrepresentation of facts.

Funtime over, back to work for me.
Post 22 IP   flag post
You referenced the higher selling price of $250 but didn't mention anything about the others that sold below $170, even if page quality was different, in your initial post and neglected to factor that into your calculations above.

No need to apologize since I didn't buy your book.
Post 23 IP   flag post
I thought is unusual to reference a higher sales price, but not mention the numerous books that sold for a lot less.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@50AE_DE

This time with no sarcasm from me. The fact still remains, the most recent direct comp sale was indeed the $250 BIN and was inline with comicspriceguide.com.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:

I bought the book. We settled on a cash price with local pick-up. If it was not White Page Quality I would not have bought it as it's not old enough to justify OW/W page quality. If it was CGC graded I probably would not have bought it. It's a long term keeper and I prefer my long-term personal books to be in a CBCS slab. I'm of the belief that the public will come around to recognize CBCS as the more consistent grading company over the long run.
If I had bought the $169 book on Ebay I would have likely paid a net of $200 at checkout for same or lower quality book. So I don't think it's a fair comparison. I've never really thought of it as a sellers responsibility to educate me on the lowest end of the market...whether that number be accurate or misleading.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

I bought the book. We settled on a cash price with local pick-up. If it was not White Page Quality I would not have bought it as it's not old enough to justify OW/W page quality. If it was CGC graded I probably would not have bought it. It's a long term keeper and I prefer my long-term personal books to be in a CBCS slab. I'm of the belief that the public will come around to recognize CBCS as the more consistent grading company over the long run.
If I had bought the $169 book on Ebay I would have likely paid a net of $200 at checkout for same or lower quality book. So I don't think it's a fair comparison. I've never really thought of it as a sellers responsibility to educate me on the lowest end of the market...whether that number be accurate or misleading.

You may be a more experience collector therefore you would most likely research the price before purchasing the book. How many new posters, or even long time posters, post threads asking if they made the right purchase or if they should return the book? Probably at least a couple a month. That may not be a lot, but the fact that they're posting on this board asking for opinions from board members about their purchase mean they have some trust in other people's opinion.

If posters are trusting other member's opinion's shouldn't they also be able to trust the information someone is putting in a sales thread on this board as accurate?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
If posters are trusting other member's opinion's shouldn't they also be able to trust the information someone is putting in a sales thread on this board as accurate?

@50AE_DE There are some situations where I would agree with you, that the omission of information could make the presented information inaccurate. Particularly if @Scifinator was asking for a price higher than what is available in other places. But one bit of information that you did not include is that in this case @Scifinator had offered the book to the forum at the lowest price on the major internet markets. By that I mean Ebay, MCS, Comiclink and Comicconnet. No one is offering a 9.0 with White pages for $180 shipped or less, and in many cases sales tax would be added to the asking price. So they seller presents the item to the forum with the lowest available price on the internet and gets called out as misleading the forum members about the value of the book. I just don't think that's fair and I don't think his reputation deserves that hit.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I agree that he offered the book at a lower price than was available on other sites, but I don't agree with not including information on the other sales.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Up for Sale! Volume 1 of John Byrne's NextMen issue 21 which contained the first Appearance in color of HELL BOY!

This offered CBCS 9.0 Very Fine / Near Mint first print edition with WHITE Pages, also has a Mike Mignola back cover pinup.

Cover Art by Mike Mignola
Page Art by Mike Mignola & John Byrne
Inkers - John Byrne & Mike Mignola
Writer - John Byrne
Colorist - Matt Webb

Offered to CBCS Forum members at $110 w/FREE domestic shipping while currently lists for $204 on ComicsPriceGuide.com and $151 currently being the lowest offered price with shipping for a 9.0 on eBay.

Freshly graded in March 2020, the photos reflect that the slab within the protective plastic outer bag.

Post 30 IP   flag post
597870 96 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?