Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
QuestionsSignatures

Bernie Wrightson last signing event?11644

Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all. I've been lurking for a while, but this is my first time posting on the forum.

I know this is a random question but Bernie was always one of my favorite artists, and I was wondering if anyone knew when his last convention signing was in 2016?

I appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Dallas Comic Con April 23, 2016 is my guess.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks, Doc_Cop. I was thinking that too, but am seeing some witnessed signatures from August of 2016 as well.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
The print I have was signed in July of 2016 at a con in South Carolina. I don’t know that it was his last signing but I can vouch for later dates than April.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
The only time I met him was at Baltimore Comic Con.

I forget the year (maybe 2015) but I was able to get him and Starlin to sign a few issues of Batman the Cult at that show.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks guys! I see one book on eBay now with an 8/12 verified date, but just wasn't sure if that was from a show.

Unfortunately I never got to meet him, but his work remains incredible! I'm definitely jealous drchaos.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
He was at Tampa comicon...I think in early August 2016. My database is on my other computer, but I always put notes on books I get signed, date/con etc...

Edit: Apparently the facebook post is still up (though they clear their attendee list at the official site).
https://www.facebook.com/tampabaycomiccon/posts/bernie-wrightson-will-be-a-guest-artist-at-the-august-5-7-tampa-bay-comic-conber/1172954929412334/
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you etapi65!
Post 8 IP   flag post
597875 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?