Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Found in the wild, pulps & early underground comics11642

I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I got a phone call from a person I bought a trencher from, I always ask everyone if they have comics for sale. Picked up some interesting books. Most are around 1969-1977. The book I like the most is THE EYE it's from 1964, if you google it, cool story making it. All the books has bob snow and has a date on it, usually early70's. All these will go up for sale except for the eye, I will have that one slabbed. There are lots I can't show because of the adult content. Let me know what you think I don't know anything about underground comics

Post 1 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
I can tell you a out The Tortise and the Hare. It's from the Air Pirates team with Dan O'Neil.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector bearofsa private msg quote post Address this user
pm sent
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Cool_Fool private msg quote post Address this user
What a great pick up and smart to ask anyone you meet if they have comics for sale - great proof that 'you never know'. I have a few common underground comics. But I will give you a comic guy that is a underground comic collector - I met Jay Fosgitt at NYCC and commented how his DP cover reminded me of old Freak Brothers comics. That's when he revealed that he collects these type of comics. Maybe if you can track him down you would have a solid buyer for your find.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Love the American Splendor. 1st Harvey Pekar work I believe. If it's nicer than my 9.2 I'd like to upgrade 😃
Post 5 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 - What a score! Those pulps are, well, Amazing and Wonderful! I don't know much about the Undergrounds, but Crumb and Bode are legends, and who hasn't heard of Wonder Wart-Hog? Great pickups.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 I like the Pulps. Will those be up for sale?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector KMiracleman private msg quote post Address this user
I would LOVE that Forbidden Knowledge issue, all the Junkwaffels, and the Wonder Wart-Hog.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
Nice pickup!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know what the hell is going on here, but it looks like two anthropomorphic glam-rock dogs got into an argument, then decided to have a dance-off instead. Awesome!

Post 10 IP   flag post
601502 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?