Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Todd Mcfarlane's kickstarter for the new spawn figure is up and running.

You can get signed and unsigned versions.

Almost at $300k now

Post 1 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the heads up. Just backed the project.
Post 2 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
It's going up at well over $1000 per minute. Must be nice to have that kind of sales power. Does it have a maximum number of units? Is there a point that too many are made for it to have significant value?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I expected him to kickstarter his movie.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe he is.....selling toys to fund it. And that big autograph payoff last year.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Batman79 private msg quote post Address this user
Pledged!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for posting this
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Close to 550K already
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
kickstarter link so you dont have to do a google search
Post 9 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
$625k > $100k. 1st day. Ape-sh#t crazy

Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
The postage costs to Australia are horrendous( more than the actual figures ) . need to look into secondary post services I think
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector B3Chandler private msg quote post Address this user
It's already been said but thank you for posting this! Had no idea Todd was going to be doing this project. Hopefully some of the extra cash from this will go towards his new Spawn movie.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Whenever you have a monkey riding a horse, I'm in. Tom74152 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith
The postage costs to Australia are horrendous( more than the actual figures ) . need to look into secondary post services I think
there is a good exchange rate now.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for posting!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom74152
Quote:
there is a good exchange rate now.
$40 for figure.. $48 for postage ...wuuut
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Hexigore private msg quote post Address this user
Its at $811,000. Wow!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
I’m not sure if I should say thanks for posting because I spent almost $100, but thanks for posting this.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Over $1,000,000 today and the 3 pack now includes all 5 heads.
Post 18 IP   flag post
How do you ask questions to the creator if haven't backed?

McFarlane has confirmed in the FAQ these are shipped from China ( hence why he can't sign the comic book ) so i can't understand why postage is 48USD to Australia .. also worth noting is more expensive to ship to China than USA ??

want to ask the question but don't know how without backing first ? But i can't justify backing with such a high postage price.. chicken or egg ?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
McFarlane has confirmed in the FAQ these are shipped from China ( hence why he can't sign the comic book ) so i can't understand why postage is 48USD to Australia .. also worth noting is more expensive to ship to China than USA ??

I don't think the FAQ section means they are being distributed from China. I believe he is referring to them being manufactured in China, probably sent to the US by container load, as most things are. Then distributed from here.

I know $48 seems like a lot for shipping, but it's $29 within the US. The $29 price seems like about double what it should be.

I'm surprised it's not even more than $48 to ship to Australia, since the minimum to ship from here internationally anywhere, even a small, light package to a neighboring country, is over $30. Something larger, like this toy in its shipping package, close to $40. Using the Todd McFarlane "special shipping rate" of double, you could be at the $80 shipping rate.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
Quote:

I don't think the FAQ section means they are being distributed from China. I believe he is referring to them being manufactured in China, probably sent to the US by container load, as most things are. Then distributed from here.

I know $48 seems like a lot for shipping, but it's $29 within the US. The $29 price seems like about double what it should be.
its $17 USD for the single figure in USA .. vs $48USD for single figure to Australia .. Looks like most of the rest of the world is $33USD

The 3 pack comes with a shipping price of $77USD to Australia which makes it quite a bit more than US ( though admittedly is better than paying $48 ,3 times over ) ..

This is multiples higher postage than I would have anticipated.

Just want to be able to ask the question, but can't see any way to ask without backing first ?
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Wraith Oops, my mistake. I thought it was $29, but that was for the 3-pack. I'll have to lighten up on Todd.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I guess I'll wait until they allow multiple orders then can order multiple for friends and presumably spread postage cost ..
Post 23 IP   flag post
Just backed the 3-pack. Even without achieving the stretch goals, the figures look like they are worth every penny! I look forward to seeing what the next stretch goal is. They are over 1.2 million dollars! McFarlane is knocking it out of the park with this figure!
Post 24 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I got a 3 pack as well
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexigore
Just backed the 3-pack. Even without achieving the stretch goals, the figures look like they are worth every penny! I look forward to seeing what the next stretch goal is. They are over 1.2 million dollars! McFarlane is knocking it out of the park with this figure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I got a 3 pack as well

3 pack squad!
Post 26 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
All tiers get metal chains instead of plastic now. I am going to get another triple pack for displaying them out of the box. I got a pretty nice size moducase display coming in.
Post 27 IP   flag post
All the tiers also get a second set of hands for the figs and the 3-pack gets all 5 heads. Can’t wait to see what else is upgraded!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Almost to $1.7 million and more free upgrades!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Damn .. that new update basically demands i get the 3 pack .. which is essentially $400 Australian dollars including postage ... oof..

Got to start preparations for hiding this withdrawal from the wife
Post 30 IP   flag post
601347 261 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?