CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.

Comic Book Day of the Year Calendar11632

I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user


Post 10251 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user




Post 10252 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10253 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort - I purchased 5 copies of ASM #252 when it came out in 1984. I submitted three of those copies to CBCS for grading in my first submission to them back in 2015 (they were not pressed). One received a 9.8, one got a 9.6, and a newsstand one got a 9.2. So not all my books get 9.8’s, unfortunately. I probably started buying new comics off spinner racks fairly regularly around 1969/1970. I read them a lot and originally stored them in stacks in a large cardboard box that I kept under my bed! Books that I have submitted from my early days of collecting usually get grades in the 5.0 to 6.0 range (for example, my well-ready GL #76 from 1970 received a 5.0 - and there are definitely others that are way worse than that). As I got older, I started to take better care of my comics - storing them upright in bags, for example. And by around 1980, I was purchasing many (but not all) of my new comics from a direct market comic book store. Those books generally tend to grade in the nines, with some 9.8’s (I have never received a 9.9 or 10.0 grade). Thanks for asking and bringing my thoughts back to those good old days when you could buy a new comic for 15-cents at your local drug store!
Post 10254 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo That's awesome. I love hearing Comic book collecting stories. Thanks for sharing.
Post 10255 • IP   flag post


I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user



Post 10256 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user




Post 10257 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10258 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user


Post 10259 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user




Post 10260 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10261 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user




Post 10262 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10263 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10264 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user




Post 10265 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10266 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user



I almost used this one for this week’s contest:

Post 10267 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user




Post 10268 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10269 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10270 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10271 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user




Post 10272 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10273 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10274 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user




Post 10275 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10276 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10277 • IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10278 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user




Post 10279 • IP   flag post
I hold the record for itchy trigger finger. sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
100+100+62=262





Post 10280 • IP   flag post
657131 11070 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.