Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsSignatures

CGC Signature to CBCS11629

Collector TheComicVault private msg quote post Address this user
Questions about upcoming signing. I have a CGC Signature book that I want to submit for the upcoming CBCS signature event.
-Will the signature still carry over to a CBCS yellow label?
-Will it get regraded? (I would assume so)
Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@TheComicVault

Yes (exceptions apply) and yes
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@TheComicVault If the CGC Signature is dated 2019 or later it will not carry over. If it is past the date you can have it verified for an additional fee ro get a red label but the witnessed signatures from the signing even will be noted as such
Post 3 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Why is 2019 used as demarcation?
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCS Comics
Due to changes in CGC's witnessing procedure that effectively breaks the chain of custody on witnessed signatures and could have a potential negative impact by compromising the integrity of the Authorized Signature Program, CBCS will not be able to honor CGC yellow label books with signatures dated from 2019 and beyond
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
Why is 2019 used as demarcation?

More specifically, CGC is overwhelmed at cons for witnesses. So, the witness takes you back to their table, puts you in a line with a bunch of people and leaves. When you get to the front of the line, if you're not ready to close you paperwork, they give all of your signed comics back to you in a sealed bag and tell you to come back with them all when you're completely done with all your submissions; having until the end of the con to return it. While the bags are tamper resistant; honestly if someone wanted to go around this system there are several methods that aren't too difficult to get into the bag. They started doing this in 2019. CBCS no longer can trust that the yellow labels are official.

As an aside CGC has NEVER recognized CBCS yellow labels and neither company will accept anything PGX. CBCS tried to maintain professional courtesy about this until CGC drastically altered their process.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector TheComicVault private msg quote post Address this user
Well, I think that answers my questions, with details lol. Thank you everyone.
Post 7 IP   flag post
600777 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?