Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What is library binding?11618

Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
So I noticed a couple of books editions on amazon (batman year one and long holloween for example) that have paperback and library binding options, bit what exactly is library biding? Is that the same as Hard Cover?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Ladic I believe it's where they take comics, and make them into a hardcover book. Some glue, some thread, some cut the comics, some don't.

But then again, I could be totally wrong. Haha
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Try google?
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Library binding can be divided into the two major categories of "original" and "after market". The original category is as it says, it was originally bound with the idea that the book would be used in a library setting where the book would receive harder use than those usual trade editions sold to the public.

The after market library binding is the method of binding serials, and re-binding paperback or hardcover books, for use within libraries. Library binding increases the durability of books, as well as making the materials easier to use. The stiffening process is a low-cost, in-house alternative to library binding of paperbacks.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
I do believe it refers to a book rebound for library use. They tend to be pretty unappealing to look at since they’re made for durability not eye appeal

Post 5 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
I thought library binding had something to do with librarians into bondage, ...but what do I know.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for answers!
Post 7 IP   flag post
597905 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?