Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Weekly Cover Contest 188- Essential Services11613

Collector seanw private msg quote post Address this user
I have made my choices
Post 51 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
voted
Post 52 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Voted!

BTW @KatKomics, why did you shorten the initial post? Is that a thing we're doing now?
Post 53 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Voted!

BTW @KatKomics, why did you shorten the initial post? Is that a thing we're doing now?

Oh, looks like it was @Lenovations that cut it first. Was that on purpose?
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
voted
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
@Tedsaid thats cover is cool. Who did that one?

Edit: Just found it. cover by Nick Cardy and Jack Adler; never heard of them. Now I have a mission in collecting.

Yep! I just saw your note. Nick Cardy has done a lot of fantastic covers. Some Teen Titans, some Aquaman, others. Neal Adams was said to have been a huge influence for a lot of artists. I don't know if Cardy changed his style due to that influence or not, but a lot of his stuff is dynamic and experimental like Adams and Jim Steranko were at the time.

Here are two of my favorite Cardy covers, both featuring Aquaman. I LOVE having a 50-year-old 9.6 with such great colors!

Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector ShallaBal private msg quote post Address this user
Voted.
Skipped over some of the more cringier covers...but I imagine that won't hurt their chances regarding garnering votes.

Cardy was always a pretty great artist, esp. with covers; but I think when Infantino took over as the DC art director (and then later e-i-c) and went over cover ideas/layouts with Cardy, that's when he (Cardy) really started to hit his stride cover-wise.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShallaBal
Voted.
Skipped over some of the more cringier covers...but I imagine that won't hurt their chances regarding garnering votes.

Cardy was always a pretty great artist, esp. with covers; but I think when Infantino took over as the DC art director (and then later e-i-c) and went over cover ideas/layouts with Cardy, that's when he (Cardy) really started to hit his stride cover-wise.

I wondered if it was a change in editorial that was the driving factor. That totally makes sense.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Voted!

sorry...just copied and pasted the prior one!
Post 59 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I've spent almost my entire life in rural Minnesota. I live amongst corn, soy bean and sugar beet fields. I grew up visiting farms of family and friends and have seen more cows, chickens and turkeys than I care to remember. I have mad respect for farmers. In this comic, it looks like he is riding a brand new 1955 International Harvester Farmall tractor.

Mainly orchards where I am though in the late 80's many were ripped out and replaced with vineyards!! (can't complain as I work for a winery ) not far away we have lots of corn and soy too!!
Post 60 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I have spoken.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Collector Lenovations private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Voted!

Oh, looks like it was @Lenovations that cut it first. Was that on purpose?

No probably a copy and paste mistake. If the next winner could please fix.
Post 62 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Lenovations wins this weeks cover contest with 15 votes.

Congratulations!
Post 63 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Shouldn’t @dielinfinite be the winner with 21 votes?
Post 64 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Shouldn’t @dielinfinite be the winner with 21 votes?

@esaravo Ouch! Thank you for catching that. I checked every single entry before I posted but I think when I got to the winning cover I became transfixed and didn't check the vote count. Probably accounts for why it won. Awesome cover!

@dielinfinite My sincerest apologies and congratulations!
Post 65 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
What happened to the rules and rest of previous winners? Been awhile I for get the start and stop days. Lol
Post 66 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
What happened to the rules and rest of previous winners? Been awhile I for get the start and stop days. Lol

copy/paste malfunction
Post 67 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I just edited the first post to include the rules.
Post 68 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O thanks. Did we start 189 yesterday?
Post 69 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@earthshaker01 it should be 188 according to the running tally.
Post 70 IP   flag post
601467 70 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?