Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

Top 50 Comics in My Collection!11565

It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Holy crap!!! Awesome books!!! If you're ever interested in trading please let me know....great great books man!!
Post 26 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC
Lol. Glad you approve.
Post 27 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I most certainly do!! Thank you for sharing!!!
Post 28 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte my collection feels very inadequate when scrolling through your books. Very cool collection!
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Drahcir private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Some seriously nice books man!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I uploaded to dropbox account.
Less than 50, but these seemed to be the ones that might be worth looking at. (Not that kool aid man comic is anything to sneeze at)
Very impressive top 50. I would love to get the Silver Surfer #4. That book is on my want list. Love that cover.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kypl7ch3uzxhtwl/AABWyM6C9x_2kvDlNEVGPBtra?dl=0
Post 31 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@Bronte my collection feels very inadequate when scrolling through your books. Very cool collection!

Thank you.

But as proud as I am of my collection, the pedigrees thread shows me how limited my views have been over what comics have value (both monetarily and collectability(sp?)) and how lacking I have been in diversifying my "portfolio".
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Gave it a shot, bored with the self quarantine. Not good at it yet.

Post 33 IP   flag post
@doog Fantastic!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!
Post 34 IP   flag post
@doog great stuff, some thing I havent seen shown in general in quite a long time. đź‘Ť
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahcir
@doog great stuff, some thing I havent seen shown in general in quite a long time. đź‘Ť

It’s fun to see other folks books. I have seen many a book first here I just had to acquire, a few out of reach.
But to this day I run across cool covers I have never seen before. A wide ranging art form.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a random twenty. These were set images from my old signature line on the competitor's board that were rotated for years until someone had an issue with a couple of labels. As a matter of principle I pulled my signature line & now edit out all labels (including their's) when posting full cover scans...

Post 37 IP   flag post
@CatmanAmerica

I always wondered why you omitted the labels....

However, speaking for myself, I miss out on information the label provides. As nearly all your books are golden age, I don't know enough about the books to fully appreciate them. Without the labels, it is difficult to look up further information on the books. The significance of it being a first appearance, pedigree, a key of some sort, etc.... all information that makes the book even more interesting gets wiped out.

As I mentioned earlier, I learned a lot in pedigree thread. I would like to continue expanding my knowledge base....

If I may, I implore you to leave the photos intact and not cut them in the future so we can FULLY appreciate your books as more than just a pretty cover.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@CatmanAmerica

I always wondered why you omitted the labels....

However, speaking for myself, I miss out on information the label provides. As nearly all your books are golden age, I don't know enough about the books to fully appreciate them. Without the labels, it is difficult to look up further information on the books. The significance of it being a first appearance, pedigree, a key of some sort, etc.... all information that makes the book even more interesting gets wiped out.

As I mentioned earlier, I learned a lot in pedigree thread. I would like to continue expanding my knowledge base....

If I may, I implore you to leave the photos intact and not cut them in the future so we can FULLY appreciate your books as more than just a pretty cover.

In pedigree threads and the old label color/grade game thread my “exceptions” rule kicks in as labels are necessary for reference. In threads focusing purely on cover art I usually provide text information about grade, PQ and art without posting the label.

That said, on this board I routinely post CBCS labels because our sponsor’s management has taken the principled position that ...since both grading services are trusted by the collecting community... censoring the competition’s labels would be counterproductive and detrimental to the hobby.

Post 39 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
That Wolverine 1 signed by Miller, Claremont, Rubinstein
Post 40 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatmanAmerica
These were set images from my old signature line on the competitor's board that were rotated for years until someone made an issue over a couple of the labels.

Lord, have mercy.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Arak I may be alone here but, I'm really likin' your keyring holder cool! Did you get it online?

Post 42 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Some Nice looking books here!
Post 43 IP   flag post
The first 25 of my Top 50. The second 25 requires a little more thought.

Post 44 IP   flag post
Here's the other half. It was harder than I thought it would be. I have a few that didn't make the cut because I simply didn't have them scanned.

Post 45 IP   flag post
A lot of the books in the second 25 have stories and memories attached to them that make them important to me.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson Really nice books!
Post 47 IP   flag post
Thanks!
Post 48 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I just loaded my top 50 into my Gallery, so you can either view the thumbnail, or click on the first image and scroll through- In no particular order, since I can't seen to control that.
Post 49 IP   flag post
@doog You actually have the Famous "Big Log" Rifleman Issue!
Post 50 IP   flag post
@DrWatson Those are some serious High Grade X-Men Books! The colleague is a masterpiece!
Post 51 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
GREAT THREAD!

mm
Post 52 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
@DrWatson Those are some serious High Grade X-Men Books! The colleague is a masterpiece!

I don't know about that, but thank you. Always looking for another Northland X-Men book.
Post 53 IP   flag post
@DrWatson

Impressive collection man!
Post 54 IP   flag post
I was bored - guess that's what happens when there's a state stay at home order.
Who's up for Round 2?

Post 55 IP   flag post
600861 95 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?