Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

CBCS Pressing Moving To Dallas11560

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
As some have reported a popup on the CBCS webpage CBCS pressing is moving to Dallas. No official announcement has been made and no other details have been revealed

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Makes since.
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Steve posted on the Forum some time ago, I think.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@DrWatson If you’re referring to his pressing update thread, that mentioned that they were planning updates to their pressing operation that were put on hold due to the virus but no specifics were given; he certainly didn’t mention anything about moving to Dallas
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
probably still need to expand the pressing capabilities. Moving closer will cut time out of the TAT though..min a couple of days to a week....max like two weeks???
Post 5 IP   flag post
Steve described it as a “major planned update” so I suspect the move isn’t the only step they are taking. I just hope the move goes smoother than when grading moved to Texas because that was a
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
There it is....I saw that pop-up this morning and then I didn't see it again....I thought this isolation thing was making me see things....kinda like this guy..lol!!

Post 7 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
There it is....I saw that pop-up this morning and then I didn't see it again....I thought this isolation thing was making me see things....kinda like this guy..lol!!

for your family's sake, I hope it's nothing like that guy's.
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort lol! not at all! 🍻
Post 9 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
@sportshort lol! not at all! 🍻

STill..., I'll be keeping my eye on ya...

(lol)
Post 10 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post
It only makes sense that they would move to Dallas. Having everything under one roof will inevitably streamline the process.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicsforme
Makes since.

it also makes sense! 😉 🍻
Post 13 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite @KatKomics @DrWatson - Move to Dallas was part of what both Steve (El Pancakador) Ricketts & Steve (Chief Almighty Comic Kahuna) Borock were referring to in the Press post and recent interviews respectively. And, yes there will be expansion of the press operation.

Cheers and good health to all CBCS crew and forum contributors!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Makes since.

it also makes sense! 😉 🍻

It will also make cents.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
It only makes sense that they would move to Dallas. Having everything under one roof will inevitably streamline the process.

And streamlining the process will probably increase the demand for pressing.

Not only does it make sense, it's about damn time.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder True....hopefully Mr. Ricketts is also making the move to Dallas.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It will also make cents.

I see what you did there!
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Quote:
It will also make cents.

I see what you did there!

Only cuz dollars doesn't rhyme with cents.

... or sense.
Post 19 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
My apologies to everyone in the way the info has been made available. We were going to make a formal announcement at the same time our website dropped the info. I assume the info on the website was triggered on a certain date and time. We're uncertain of the timeline right now because of the goings-on in the world. As soon as we can confirm dates, there will be a formal announcement made by the main office.

However, I will share what details I can at this time.

Yes, CBCS Pressing is moving to the Dallas office. Yes, I will be moving to Dallas. Yes, there will be additional equipment and people to operate the equipment. And finally; yes, we are doing this in an effort to cut our turnaround time to be as minimal as possible. Due to the move (and the "goings-on" ) I do anticipate the turnaround will get worse before it gets better, just know we are going to attempt to do this with as little of a disruption to turnaround as possible.

The demand for pressing has simply outgrown the facility we have in Florida, and moving it to Dallas is what we need to do to get it turned around.

Thank you all for your continued support. It is very appreciated.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Thank you, thank you and thank you!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Now i will send my press & graded together.😳😁😜😄🎉
Post 22 IP   flag post
This really is great news!!! Well done CBCS and @SteveRicketts !!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Makes since.

it also makes sense! 😉 🍻

It will also make cents.

Hopefully no one farts too much.

That would make scents.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
The demand for pressing has simply outgrown the facility we have in Florida, and moving it to Dallas is what we need to do to get it turned around.

I mean, it makes sense, as Texas is a much larger state than Florida, and your pressing outgrowing Florida....Congrats and good luck with the move and godspeed.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
From Facebook.

Post 26 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
We are really excited about this move and know that it will not only benefit CBCS, but all of our submitters as well!
So glad to have @Stevericketts moving to Texas! He is not just a great presser, but also a fantastic friend!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just a quick question....whats the proportion of "Steves" at CBCS??
Post 28 IP   flag post
To paraphase Sandra Bullock in Demolition Man - In the future all CBCS employees are Steve.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator haha just watched that during a couple weeks ago. I could've sworn it was Taco Bell the first time I watched when it was released but the version I saw recently was Pizza Hut.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601278 42 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?