Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

CBCS Pressing Update11521

Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
My late September order has been pressed and is awaiting grading, just to give people an idea of where they are at

What’s the date I have 9/19 received but it was a , which still has no movement but it was con submission so that might add a few days or a week to receive time?
Post 151 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Mine is September 29th. The turnaround time for convention submissions begin the Wednesday after the end of the convention.

You may not see any movement on the account since pressing isn’t tracked. Pressing orders do not show any movement until they reach the pressing stage, which means it has to wait for pressing, get pressed, then wait for grading before the order updates on the website.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Quote:
Mine is September 29th. The turnaround time for convention submissions begin the Wednesday after the end of the convention.

You may not see any movement on the account since pressing isn’t tracked. Pressing orders do not show any movement until they reach the pressing stage, which means it has to wait for pressing, get pressed, then wait for grading before the order updates on the website.

I am aware of how pressing is tracked or isn’t. You said yours are in grading and we’re received after mine. I asked to see when yours were received to give me an idea when mine might be done...

So maybe mine will be done within a week I hope *fingers crossed
Post 153 IP   flag post
It’ll almost certainly be more than one week as I did not say that my order was in grading, just that it was awaiting grading. So it is somewhere in the current ~5 week grading queue.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Quote:
It’ll almost certainly be more than one week as I did not say that my order was in grading, just that it was awaiting grading. So it is somewhere in the current ~5 week grading queue.

My last order that came that I posted was in grading , labels and prepared for shipping in one day or 2. I assume somebody somewhere forgot to update in real-time. I just assumed that’s probably what’s going on with everyone’s backlogged pressing.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector Chinorey private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the update
Post 156 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I mailed 5 books in for pressing and grading on September 30th. I had never used the pressing service before, but had heard good things about it's results. The books were received by CBCS on October 2nd and I received an email from them verifying that they had my order. There has been no change in status since then. Hopefully, based on other member experiences, I should see some change in status soon. I expected a long wait, and I certainly got one. On the bright side, I am very anxious to see the new sturdier cases without the four corner clips.
Post 157 IP   flag post
@esaravo Yeah, more than likely your books have been pressed and are now in line for grading. Hopefully CBCS starts tracking pressing on the website sometime soon. CBCS Pressing has been around long enough that it should have happened a long time ago.
Post 158 IP   flag post
My September 29th Pressing (1 modern book) has finished grading and is awaiting shipping
Post 159 IP   flag post
Quote:
My September 29th Pressing (1 modern book) has finished grading and is awaiting shipping

Let us know if you get new slabs!
Post 160 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Just received an email that my October 19th submission just moved. My dashboard says it in grading. Two Bronze Age with signature verification. I pray the wait was worth it
Post 161 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
Just received an email that my October 19th submission just moved. My dashboard says it in grading. Two Bronze Age with signature verification. I pray the wait was worth it

This makes me very very happy. My submission date is October 31.
Do I dare think/hope that in 2 weeks I'll see the phantom "Grading" on mine?
Post 162 IP   flag post
Still no movement on my September or October submissions *le sigh
Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
Quote:

Let us know if you get new slabs!

He will
Post 164 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
I mailed 5 books in for pressing and grading on September 30th. I had never used the pressing service before, but had heard good things about it's results. The books were received by CBCS on October 2nd and I received an email from them verifying that they had my order. There has been no change in status since then. Hopefully, based on other member experiences, I should see some change in status soon. I expected a long wait, and I certainly got one. On the bright side, I am very anxious to see the new sturdier cases without the four corner clips.

My books are now in grading per my Dashboard/Open Orders and Labels per Invoice!
Post 165 IP   flag post
Collector Naurd123 private msg quote post Address this user

My books are early December. So be great when the November pressings start appearing
on this board.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Dec 20th for me should be getin' close!
Post 167 IP   flag post
Collector naftixe private msg quote post Address this user
Accidental post.
Post 168 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

This makes me very very happy. My submission date is October 31.
Do I dare think/hope that in 2 weeks I'll see the phantom "Grading" on mine?
Literally the next day already verified signature and the day after was in shipping, and yes, it was worth the wait. Happy with the results. I'll post when I get them in my sausages
Post 169 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naurd123

My books are early December. So be great when the November pressings start appearing
on this board.

My pressing submission was received Nov 15th so I'll let you know when my status changes. Sounds like it won't be long
Post 170 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

My books are now in grading per my Dashboard/Open Orders and Labels per Invoice!

My order is completed and in shipping! So it looks like books that were received for pressing in October are being graded and shipped now.
Post 171 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My order is completed and in shipping! So it looks like books that were received for pressing in October are being graded and shipped now.

with a few september stragglers apparently
Post 172 IP   flag post
Another week of will my books be sent to grading TBC....
Post 173 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
A submission that I sent in for press at the end of September, which would have been received in October, has moved to Grading. Things are looking up!
Post 174 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@Scifinator lol!! So the books i sent in Dec that were received in Jan will still be a while!! Might be Xmas gifts for myself!
Post 175 IP   flag post
@KatKomics @SteveRicketts has said that they’re hoping to be down to realistic turn-around times in another two and a half-ish months. We’ll see if they can achieve it. I pulled out all my pressing orders from CBCS
Post 176 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I think the next group of books will be to CGC - but only because I have a bunch of Signature Series books that I never had pressed originally (didn't know it was a thing) and I don't want to switch companies for the SS.

Have to get a stupid CGC membership first though...
Post 177 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@Scifinator lol!! So the books i sent in Dec that were received in Jan will still be a while!! Might be Xmas gifts for myself!

My guess, you'll receive back before the end of September.
Post 178 IP   flag post
Collector VisceralDreams private msg quote post Address this user
i got my july/september books back this tuesday.
i love the new cases.
I got bad news on my other submission from october of last year though.
They damaged my Amazing Spider-man 15 cgc 3.5 in pressing
Post 179 IP   flag post
My Sept 28th Press & Grade submission (October CBCS Receipt) just went to Shipping!
Post 180 IP   flag post
598070 999 30