Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

CBCS Pressing Update11521

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
The September date you see is the date you filled out the invoice.
The August date, you mean
Post 101 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Fixed, thanks!
Post 102 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naurd123
How can any of us be excited about our books being graded when there are fellow members sitting in this forum with August books sitting out there.

I find a way. Drinking helps with the overwhelming guilt.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user
OK, so at this point best estimate is I'll receive the books by early July of this year?
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon77
OK, so at this point best estimate is I'll receive the books by early July of this year?

I wouldn’t be surprised if it ships out sometime this week.
Post 105 IP   flag post

My 8/30 books shipped!

@stevericketts how long do you think it will take you guys to complete last year’s backlog?
Post 106 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
My 8/30 books shipped!

By extrapolation, my books received Oct 31 should be ready in only 2 months! Yeah!
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector Pvadacchino private msg quote post Address this user
FINALLY.
My dashboard went from processing to GRADING
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel
Post 108 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Pvadacchino What was the date they got it and did you have any pressing done?
Post 109 IP   flag post
It’s was given to CBCS on Aug 25 at Fan Expo Canada
22 books pressing and grading
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector VisceralDreams private msg quote post Address this user
I have a submission of 28 books I sent back in July 2019. All books have pressing. Currently no movement. Still received. I don’t even want to think about my October submission 😢 I know I didn’t submit all the same services or tiers but a whole year will have passed next month.

3 consumer (2 VSP)
4 Expanded
19 Modern (7 VSP)
2 Quickstream

Post 111 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@VisceralDreams @VisceralDreams you may want to click the invoice icon/hyperlink above your costs. This MAY give you an expanded detail of where your stand. When the invoice opens, if you look in the upper right hand corner (right below the "Bill To", you may see something like "Submitted", "Pressing", "Grading", "Labels", etc.

Cheers
Post 112 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@VisceralDreams @VisceralDreams you may want to click the invoice icon/hyperlink above your costs. This MAY give you an expanded detail of where your stand. When the invoice opens, if you look in the upper right hand corner (right below the "Bill To", you may see something like "Submitted", "Pressing", "Grading", "Labels", etc.

Hey I’ve tried that method with no luck. Billing cannot be it because both of my submissions have been paid off since last year
Thank you for your help

Cheers

Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector TMAN2873 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvadacchino
It’s was given to CBCS on Aug 25 at Fan Expo Canada
22 books pressing and grading

I'm in the same boat. My submission was received on Aug 16, 2019. Here's what I know to date. I emailed Steve Paulus over a week ago for an update on Oakville's opening. No response. I emailed Steve Borock a few days ago. He said he hopes the border opens on June 22. I replied back "can you explain what the border opening has to do with the Oakville office?" No response. So, with that in mind, one can only assume that Steve Paulus is waiting for the border to open so he can come back to Canada and run the Oakville office. BUT, if that assumption is correct, don't they have any employees living in Canada that can run the shop? I suggest taking your frustrations online on their Instagram and Facebook posts. It's not right to take money from people and make us wait this long. We have a right to be frustrated. Look at CGC... business as usual. That's even more frustrating to see.
Post 114 IP   flag post
I’m pretty sure Palus is based in Texas so I don’t think him getting to the Canada office is the cause for the delay.

My first thought was perhaps that they haven’t been able to cross the books into Canada as they aren’t essential goods, but I do believe commercial shipping should not have been affected.

I wonder if maybe the bulk of the workforce for the office is on the American side and has been unable to cross.
Post 115 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
It's the Ontario government that has not allowed them to re-open. Even when they are allowed to re-open it will not operate the same way. Social distancing will still be enforced in the office. They don't know when they will be allowed to open.
Post 116 IP   flag post
@GAC Yeah, the government is considering extending the closure to like mid-July
Post 117 IP   flag post
I’m not in Canada and neither are my books . I just want to know where my books are in the system. Especially if cbcs was pressing books from June/July 2019 submissions four months ago. Where are my books? VSP?
Ready for grading? I have no idea
Post 118 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite Exactly! I work in an office that's been closed since March (I've been working from home since then), we still have no idea when our office will able to re-open. But we do know that when we re-open, it will be very different. Not all staff will be allowed to the office at the same time...social distancing within the office etc..
Post 119 IP   flag post
@VisceralDreams Pressing is backlogged big time. my submission (not as old as yours) was sent Jan 2020....I don't expect it back before October 2020. They have amped up their Pressing dept so hopefully your submission will be returned sooner than later.
Post 120 IP   flag post
So, this morning my dashboard change to Shipped to Canada
Now from what I’m reading the Toronto branch is closed until the 22/06 minimum
So what will happen to my books if no one is there to receive them
Will they return to Texas branch

Back and forth. More chances of damage. Getting Lost ??? If so who is responsible ?

Does shipping to Canada mean they sent it to my address already because they knew there would be no one in Toronto?????

Needless to say I am very frustrated and worried about this

For sure they must know that the branch is closed. Why would they even ship a package to a closed building and not contact me and offer me the choice to receive it directly at my address. I would have been more than happy to pay any difference in cost of shipping

Very unprofessional behaviour

I did reach out this morning with the same question
No answer so far
Can someone from the forum please help answer these question
Post 121 IP   flag post
@Pvadacchino I doubt they’re shipping to a closed office. My guess is one of two things are happening. Either the Canada office, much like the Texas office when it was closed, has a skeleton crew for receiving books or the books are waiting to be sent to the Canada office as CBCS Canada books are held and shipped in bulk to make moving books to the Canada office cost-effective.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Just an FYI, the border is open for family members as long as they self quarantine for 14 days. With that said. Please be safe.
Post 123 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite That's correct. When they say they're closed it means business as usual has stopped...someone is there to receive the submissions.
Post 124 IP   flag post
8 books came today 60 more to go lol

Post 125 IP   flag post
Anyone’s Mid September books back yet?
Post 126 IP   flag post
Collector HULK2K20 private msg quote post Address this user
Is it possible to submit books for pressing without grading? I don't see that option when submitting books. Pressing just appears as an add-on to grading.
Post 127 IP   flag post
@HULK2K20 I don't believe you can do that. If you press it must be graded. If I'm wrong, my apologies.
Post 128 IP   flag post
@HULK2K20 If you just want your books pressed and sent back there are cheaper and MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH faster options out there
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector HULK2K20 private msg quote post Address this user
Any recommendations?
Post 130 IP   flag post
601327 999 30