Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

CBCS Pressing Update11521

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiracleman
Can someone help me out here? Take a look at this invoice, it just updated this morning so I was excited to see that my books (which have been sitting at CBCS since September of last year) got some progress. Excited, and then quickly confused and angry. The Bartman vs Radioactive Man Ashcan is now categorized as "2-Day Modern"...I NEVER ASKED FOR 2-DAY SERVICE ON THIS BOOK. Not to mention, the price for grading/slabbing is now $40 and the Fast Press is now $50?!?!? WTF?!? I would NEVER have paid that much for either!! Why the sudden upgrade/forced upsell, CBCS? I waited patiently for these books to get done, and this is what I get for waiting? Now I have to pay 54 extra freaking dollars for a service I never asked for?! Goodbye CBCS!

19-367D658
Cost
$120.00
Fees
($4.00)
S&H
$34.00
Total
$150.00
Payments
$96.00
Balance
$54.00
Sep 28, 2019 3:53 PM

Processing

Billing: Card ending in 7425, expires 3/2021

Pay Balance
Received

Total: $90.00

2-Day Modern
Return shipping: FedEx Ground

630 Newton Ave, Glen Ellyn, IL, 60137, US

Bartman and Radioactive Man Ashcan #1 [1994]
Bongo, Modern Age
Processing tier: $40.00Fast Pressing: $50.00 x1 $90.00

Ashcans are charged more than modern as they require special handling.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector KMiracleman private msg quote post Address this user
Why isn't that pointed out or reflected in the cost when you initially create the invoice? There's no way I would have paid that much if I knew that was the price! For the whole time they've been sitting there, it was $18 for grading/slabbing, $18 for fast press. To me, that was fair (even if the pressing is a little pricey).
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector KMiracleman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiracleman
Why isn't that pointed out or reflected in the cost when you initially create the invoice? There's no way I would have paid that much if I knew that was the price! For the whole time they've been sitting there, it was $18 for grading/slabbing, $18 for fast press. To me, that was fair (even if the pressing is a little pricey).

UPDATE: received email from DarrylH - all is well and fair. BIG big kudos to DarrylH!!
Post 78 IP   flag post
Collector bigbill private msg quote post Address this user
Books submitted January 3rd, payment processed the week after. Order hasn’t updated since... any way to get any kind of update?
Post 79 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@bigbill Pressing is way behind...there's likely no update to give. I've got a submission in since Jan 15, no movement.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector Pvadacchino private msg quote post Address this user
Pressing is behind. But there is progress happening
Just receive a message from Steve Ricketts that my order from August moved from Pressing to Grading
Hopefully grading progresses at a reasonable pace
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
The pressing update is we are working on books received in September.

The move to Dallas will benefit the pressing turn around times as we move forward, but it will take time.

Much like in 2018 when after the move to Dallas our regular turn around times were 35-30 weeks, we worked to get these under control, and they have been mostly at 5 weeks for over a year now.

I know it is frustrating, but know we are focused on this and getting it to a respectable TAT
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user
@Darryl_H that's awesome, I want to submit for pressing but long TAT plus grading has me hesitant to do it.
Post 83 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Ohhh, I had this thread all wrong!!!....I thought this was an update about something that needed quick or immediate attention!!!!!

Post 84 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 85 IP   flag post
Collector Voodoo_Jim private msg quote post Address this user
FYI: My "official" submission date was Sept 17, 2019 (three books to be pressed) and they officially moved to grading today. I handed them off in person Sept 1, so ~39 weeks for pressing.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo_Jim
FYI: My "official" submission date was Sept 17, 2019 (three books to be pressed) and they officially moved to grading today. I handed them off in person Sept 1, so ~39 weeks for pressing.

With the move to a larger facility in TX,...and subsequent lifting of stay at home order due to the Wuhan China Pandemic, Pressing already seems to be moving along as they have apparently moved from July order to September orders in the past few weeks. And, they may not be fully up to future speed yet. I think this bodes well.
Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
My 8/30 submission is in grading wooohoo.
Post 88 IP   flag post
Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user

Does this mean all the August submissions have gone through? I have not seen any notices of updates.
It's still saying "Processing" as it has for 9 months.
Can someone at CBCS please look into this?
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon77

Does this main all the August submissions have gone through? I have not seen any notices of updates.

Click the hyperlink under "Order #". That can tell you if your comics are in grading, labels, or shipping yet.
Post 90 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@brandon77

Be sure you’re looking in the right place for your order status
Post 91 IP   flag post
This doesn't reveal any additional information.
Post 92 IP   flag post
How long does it take to update someone’s dashboard
My books from Aug. were finished pressing 2 Friday’s ago and were sent for grading
My dashboard still hasn’t changed to reflect this
Post 93 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
My 8/30 submission is in grading wooohoo.

shipping now
Post 94 IP   flag post
@brandon77 It’ll reveal that the status isn’t simply “Processing”
Post 95 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Pvadacchino Check the invoice.
Post 96 IP   flag post
Yeah I actually check the invoice everyday
Sometimes multiple times in a day
The invoice has been the same since Aug
No change
It’s a little nerve wracking
Post 97 IP   flag post
Collector Naurd123 private msg quote post Address this user
How can any of us be excited about our books being graded when there are fellow members sitting in this forum with August books sitting out there. CBCS needs
to do something about this...
Post 98 IP   flag post
@Naurd123

They are
Post 99 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Does this mean all the August submissions have gone through? I have not seen any notices of updates.

Aside from a few large orders that are being processed in-tandum, I believe all orders from August and before are pressed. Your order was not received at our office until 9/11. The August date you see is the date you filled out the invoice.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
The September date you see is the date you filled out the invoice.
The August date, you mean
Post 101 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Fixed, thanks!
Post 102 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naurd123
How can any of us be excited about our books being graded when there are fellow members sitting in this forum with August books sitting out there.

I find a way. Drinking helps with the overwhelming guilt.
Post 103 IP   flag post
OK, so at this point best estimate is I'll receive the books by early July of this year?
Post 104 IP   flag post
Quote:
OK, so at this point best estimate is I'll receive the books by early July of this year?

I wouldn’t be surprised if it ships out sometime this week.
Post 105 IP   flag post
601289 999 30