Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

CBCS Pressing Update11521

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Can't wait for movement on my Jan 15th!! Took a little longer to show as received as I sent to the CBCS Canada at the end of December...so I get the promo...but another few weeks for timer to start as they made their way across the border
Post 426 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
fingers crossed mine goes to grading today. If not, tomorrow for sure.
Post 427 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
New Pressing Update!
The last order from 2019 has been completed and moved to the grading room.

ALL ORDERS that are CURRENTLY in the CBCS facility (this includes Fast Pass, Slow Pass, Press Screen...everything) will be pressed and into the grading room NO LATER than 12/23/2020. Roughly 13 weeks from now. Slow tier orders received after today will fall behind those, if you're trying to determine how long it will take for new orders.

Thanks, again, for your support!
Post 428 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts

(this includes Fast Pass, Slow Pass, Press Screen...everything)

Do I get a discount if I use slow pass?
Post 429 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@DavidM january! That is great news. Now for those that have Nov & Dec submissions, you should see some movement shortly so don’t get bent that you are not seeing anything yet.

At this rate, i am guessing all of the domestic Press submissions from 2019 will be back in everyone’s hands prior to Halloween. I am going to further predict that all domestic first half 2020 submissions will be returned before 12/31/2020.

Quote:
New Pressing Update!

ALL ORDERS that are CURRENTLY in the CBCS facility (this includes Fast Pass, Slow Pass, Press Screen...everything) will be pressed and into the grading room NO LATER than 12/23/2020. Roughly 13 weeks from now. Slow tier orders received after today will fall behind those, if you're trying to determine how long it will take for new orders.

Looks like my predictions may end up being accurate.
Post 430 IP   flag post

@Scifinator Let's hope so!!
Post 431 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@Naurd123 Thanks and welcome to the forum!
Post 432 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Gotta love yellow VSP
Post 433 IP   flag post
I keep forgetting nobody is there until 10:00 eastern time lol I was looking for updates this morning.
Post 434 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Comicninja0215

Personally I like CBCS pressing. Yes it takes awhile, but results are almost always worth it. Maybe others can do a similar job, but one stop shopping is damn convenient.

What's the usual time a book spends in pressing?
Post 435 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Comicninja0215

I honestly have no idea. I would imagine a week or 2 in case of reversion.

May I ask what your received date was in your order?
Post 436 IP   flag post
@Bronte i believe it was August 7th. I have a fast press in so I'm currently in week 7. I was hoping it would move into grading sometime today.
Post 437 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Comicninja0215

I was in on July 9th and I'm still at submitted state. Also fast pressing. With press screening and signature verification.
Post 438 IP   flag post
@Bronte guess I'm getting ahead of myself. When I saw it move to pressing ingot a little too excited.
Post 439 IP   flag post
Collector DavidM private msg quote post Address this user
My 12/26 submission that was received by CBCS on 1/3/20 just went to shipping.

I'm excited and nervous at the same time.
Post 440 IP   flag post
Didn't get the in grading email yet but invoice says in labels 😮😮😮😁
Post 441 IP   flag post
@DavidM me too, it's my first time lol
Post 442 IP   flag post
I'm gonna have to get my next subs in soon so I have something to bother everyone about lmao!!
Post 443 IP   flag post
SHIPPED!!!! I'm so excited!!!

Okay so its in shipping...whoops lol
Post 444 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
My Dec 20, 2019 order still shows "Processing".
Post 445 IP   flag post
@OGJackster did you expand the invoice link?
Post 446 IP   flag post
Collector smohcomic private msg quote post Address this user
Completely new to graded comics submission, back into the hobby after 20+ years of other things. Submitted my first CBCS comic to the Oakville location in Canada for pressing and signature verification early September, guess I am looking at seeing it around the end of 2021? (don't laugh, I'm new)
Post 447 IP   flag post
@smohcomic

All 2020 orders prior to his posting will be finished before the end of the year according to their latest post. All 2019 are done. However. Canada is under a special circumstance. You need to inquire about it due to border issues.

Quote:
New Pressing Update!

Post 448 IP   flag post
I don't have knowledge of the logistics of orders originating from the Oakville facility. Books can't be processed until they arrive in Dallas. If they're in Dallas, they'll be pressed before Christmas.
Post 449 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@smohcomic

All 2020 orders prior to his posting will be finished before the end of the year according to their latest post. All 2019 are done. However. Canada is under a special circumstance. You need to inquire about it due to border issues.

Quote:
New Pressing Update!

Thank you. Any idea who I would inquire with? I've sent an email to customer service 3X, but no response, should I call the 844 number? Not sure of the Canadian process after an item has been delivered to the Oakville location, what happens next.@SteveRicketts.

Thanks all
Post 450 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
My Dec 20, 2019 order still shows "Processing".

Your order was not received until January. They're currently being pressed.
Post 451 IP   flag post
@smohcomic

I believe the guy in charge of Canada is Steve Paulus.

I don't know his handle. I would try emailing customer support. If you've tried to no avail, I'd ask a moderator or employee to see if they can tell you what their direct email / forum name is.
Post 452 IP   flag post
@smohcomic I looked up your order and it doesn't appear to have been received in Dallas yet. You can email Steve Paulus at spaulus@cbcscomics.com
Post 453 IP   flag post
@SteveRicketts

If you have a minute, can you see how this order is progressing?

20-266C488
Post 454 IP   flag post
Quote:
@smohcomic I looked up your order and it doesn't appear to have been received in Dallas yet. You can email Steve Paulus at spaulus@cbcscomics.com

Thank you, I will.
Post 455 IP   flag post
601213 999 30