Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Graded

CBCS Pressing Update11521

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
I'd be interested to know their daily capacity or how the math works i.e. X number of machines with X number of employees = approx. # of books per Xnumber of hours/days.

@KatKomics I asked that question at Post 236 if you want to checck it out. The answer was just danced around with no clear answer.
Post 326 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
I'd be interested to know their daily capacity or how the math works i.e. X number of machines with X number of employees = approx. # of books per Xnumber of hours/days.

@KatKomics I asked that question at Post 236 if you want to checck it out. The answer was just danced around with no clear answer.

I doubt that will ever be answered. I know I wouldn’t share that kind of info.
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:

Part of the question was answered

Post 328 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, everyone. I wanted to pop in and give you an update on where we currently are at CBCS Pressing.

Right now we are finishing up books from around the first week of December. There are a few orders that are older that may have problem books that needed more attention, but early December is the general area we are finishing out.

We expect to be completely finished with 2019 books in 3 to 4 weeks max. December was a heavy submission month, especially the first two weeks of December, but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

For books you submit today, you should expect a PRESSING turnaround of about 16-17 weeks. This turnaround is based on how many books we have in house to be pressed, divided by how many we press on average per week. This number will continue to drop moving forward.

We've made incredible strides at getting turnaround times under control since we moved the Pressing office to Dallas only four months ago. We're not caught up yet, but the rate at which we're doing so is incredible. We've managed to do it with ingenuity, streamlining, and a lot of hard work.

Our goal is to have standard, slow tier pressing in the 8 to 10 week range during the busiest times of the year. During the slow periods it will even be faster.

My apologies for not giving more frequent updates, but I wanted to bring news and progress that I can confirm. Pressing is getting faster, and finally getting caught up. I appreciate all of your support.
Post 329 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
May I inquire about fast pressing? Is it still approximately 1/2 the time?
Post 330 IP   flag post

CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte currently about 8 weeks for fast pass pressing.
Post 331 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Fantastic.

Thank you
Post 332 IP   flag post
Collector Bishops_Heroes private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts So someone can submit a book today and get it back in 8 weeks, but you're just now getting to December books... So screw all of the existing orders?? Meanwhile, I have been calling and emailing for the past 7 weeks to simply have my books returned to me with no response??? Awesome news,
Post 333 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishops_Heroes
@SteveRicketts So someone can submit a book today and get it back in 8 weeks, but you're just now getting to December books... So screw all of the existing orders?? Meanwhile, I have been calling and emailing for the past 7 weeks to simply have my books returned to me with no response??? Awesome news,
Anyone can do it... click fast press and pay the extra loot.
Post 334 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts I'm already 5 weeks in👍👍👍 ty so much!
Post 335 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Its not "screw the existing orders". Its people have paid a premium to be put in the fast lane for Pressing. I did not pay that premium and I submitted in January....I knew that going in.
Post 336 IP   flag post
Collector willlewis78 private msg quote post Address this user
so why would anyone use you for regular pressing???
Post 337 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by willlewis78

there are always options - if fewer people use - TAT would decrease as well
Post 338 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
Quote:

there are always options - if fewer people use - TAT would decrease as well

this will be shocking I know...but as little as oh say 5yrs ago I didn't even know pressing/cleaning was a thing!!

Unfortunately now that I do know and now that I know what a press can fix I evaluate each book I send in with that in mind...and because you can't split orders I will add press screen to keep them together and the return shipping costs down. On occasion I have to pay for an extra press because they found something I missed!
Post 339 IP   flag post
Collector Naurd123 private msg quote post Address this user
It makes sense that until CBCS gets its pressing backlog in order that using a 3rd party presser
makes sense.
Post 340 IP   flag post
Collector wareure private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
Hey, everyone. I wanted to pop in and give you an update on where we currently are at CBCS Pressing.

Right now we are finishing up books from around the first week of December. There are a few orders that are older that may have problem books that needed more attention, but early December is the general area we are finishing out.

We expect to be completely finished with 2019 books in 3 to 4 weeks max. December was a heavy submission month, especially the first two weeks of December, but we can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

For books you submit today, you should expect a PRESSING turnaround of about 16-17 weeks. This turnaround is based on how many books we have in house to be pressed, divided by how many we press on average per week. This number will continue to drop moving forward.

We've made incredible strides at getting turnaround times under control since we moved the Pressing office to Dallas only four months ago. We're not caught up yet, but the rate at which we're doing so is incredible. We've managed to do it with ingenuity, streamlining, and a lot of hard work.

Our goal is to have standard, slow tier pressing in the 8 to 10 week range during the busiest times of the year. During the slow periods it will even be faster.

My apologies for not giving more frequent updates, but I wanted to bring news and progress that I can confirm. Pressing is getting faster, and finally getting caught up. I appreciate all of your support.

I appreciate the update, for sure, but I emailed customer service three times about my order, which was submitted January 9th, and never received a response. I wanted to possibly upgrade my submission to fast pass (or whatever it's called), so that I could get my books back earlier...but alas, no response. I have seen others on this thread get responses back from you, so I am unclear on why I did not.
Post 341 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Feel free to message me the details of your emailing and i will see what the issue is.
Post 342 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

When getting books Pressed, I almost always use the Grading company's Pressing service as I don't want the books being packed and shipped more times than they have to. When Pressing times get out of hand that's when you have to decide to wait it out, use another pressing service or just not to send for pressing at all.
Post 343 IP   flag post
I typically agree with @GAC but my last submission to CGC for oversized magazine size comic the pressing was an insane amount because they wanted to charge 28$ per book. It was 6 copies of the last ronin TMNT.

I decided to try CFP pressing. For a more palatable cost. First time using an outside presser and hopefully my experience goes well. I've read tons of favorable reviews on this person.
Post 344 IP   flag post
will they submit them for grading also??
Post 345 IP   flag post
@willlewis78

If you are talking to me, yes. In the case of CGC, this person apparently drives them there. But I believe you can have them submit it by mail as well to CBCS OR CGC if you pay for it. You just fill out the forms ahead of time and include the forms with your shipment to CFP. To be honest, its pretty smart and I like the fact that he hand delivers the books. Saves on shipping again and in my opinion, less risk of loss from USPS. (I just had USPS lose a package so I'm still pissed)

Edit

From my understanding, he makes the trip a couple of times a month to CGC. Its not a finish and he he will drive it there immediately that day. So if you are in a hurry, you can pay to ship it. He apparently lives pretty close though so it prolly takes 1 day to ship from his location.
Post 346 IP   flag post
thanks Great to know,it sounds safer
Post 347 IP   flag post
Collector enaz13 private msg quote post Address this user
My 10 (6 expanded, 4 modern) books that CBCS received on 11/12/19 just went into grading after pressing. Hopefully things will get faster for those sent after mine.
Post 348 IP   flag post
Collector GeeWiz private msg quote post Address this user
Nothing happening on mine. 6 books press and grade. CBCS received them Nov 15
Post 349 IP   flag post
I don't want to be that guy but I think we need to take some things into consideration such as this consideration belongs and the move from Florida to Dallas. I believe they are doing the best they can with what they were handed.
Post 350 IP   flag post
I meant covid!!!! Lol damn it
Post 351 IP   flag post
@Comicninja0215

Personally I like CBCS pressing. Yes it takes awhile, but results are almost always worth it. Maybe others can do a similar job, but one stop shopping is damn convenient.
Post 352 IP   flag post
@Bronte always a plus!!
Post 353 IP   flag post
With that being said, let's what everyone's waiting on!! What book do you have in for press??
Post 354 IP   flag post
@Comicninja0215

Post 355 IP   flag post
601347 999 30