Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

What comic books have you read today?11515

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Slow day...

Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Read these for the first time in decades. Pretty solid story although it jumps around a bit. I guess that’s inherent in trying to cover seven years in a four issue mini series. What I really found disconcerting was the frequent changes in pencil artists. Three different pencillers over a four issue series is unacceptable. Maybe it’s not as noticeable when you’re reading an installment each month with 30 other comics in between, but when you sit down and read them in one sitting it is quite irritating.

Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector EbaySeller private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
What I really found disconcerting was the frequent changes in pencil artists. Three different pencillers over a four issue series is unacceptable

I hate that in a mini-series. I also typically binge read them in TPB version and I find it so disorienting when the art or colors suddenly takes a dramatic change in the middle of the story.
On the other side, if you ever read the first color Grendels from Comico they did a pretty interesting thing with a new set of writers and artists taking over every few issues as the story moved through the years.
Post 228 IP   flag post
Collector Themaxx35 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I read Red Rooster 1&2 and The Futurists 1&2 the last couple of days.

I supported Red Rooster on indiegogo and still haven’t got my copy. How is everyone else getting their copies?
Post 229 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Read this during my downtime at work today. The art is absolutely gorgeous. The story goes by rather quick and feels like a first act of a larger story.
Post 230 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Read vol 2 today and I really enjoyed it! It feels like a good action movie, almost like a John Wick-type vibe. Del Mundo does the art for the second half the book and it looks amazing again! He mentions in his afterward that he was inspired by Elektra: Assassin and wanting to carry that torch. While he is certainly not trying to imitate, his own style certainly shines through, there are certain places where it very much feels descended from Assassin.

Sanchez, who does the art for the first half of the arc doesn’t have the same beauty that Del Mundo’s has and but is not bad and still has it’s moments.

I definitely would've liked to see where the team would’ve taken Elektra next but the two arcs make a nice, fast-paced, action-movie experience
Post 231 IP   flag post
Collector TellEmSteveDave private msg quote post Address this user

Short but good read with a decent twist at the end. I wish they would do more one shots out of the states.
Post 232 IP   flag post
Collector Firehawk2069 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 233 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I signed up for a comixology unlimited free 30 day trial the other day. I read the Joker gn for free and really enjoyed it!! Plus, I bought a copy of a Haunted Horror issue that I have wanted to read for some time now. It is a horror anthology comic. The stories are all (I believe) reprinted from precode horror comics. It was pretty good also!!!

Post 234 IP   flag post
325662 234 9