Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Questions

question on pressing11514

Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
Is there a certain number of comics that have to be submitted for pressing/grading??
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
no
Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@timberghost No there is no minimum just be aware that CBCS' pressing services have an insane backlog at the moment, at least 6+ months from what has been reported but we can't be sure as CBCS hasn't officially addressed it. Darryl has suggested that some statement may be coming soon but we don't know any more than that at the moment
Post 3 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I sent in several in 12-19. I think they are still waiting in line to get squished.

I get dizzy if I stare at that for to long LOL!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
I sent in several in 12-19. I think they are still waiting in line to get squished.

I get dizzy if I stare at that for to long LOL!
. OMG, i look at that and the original batman tv series starts blasting in my mind.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:

I. Have books from September still waiting to be pressed and I'm sure others have books waiting even longer
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
Quote:

I. Have books from September still waiting to be pressed and I'm sure others have books waiting even longer

Mine were received mid-January and still in Received status. Anticipating an August return.
Post 7 IP   flag post
@GAC "Received" Doesn't mean all that much since books are in "Received" status until they enter grading and pressing progress is not tracked on the dashboard. So your books will be waiting, pressed, shipped to Dallas, wait some more, and only finally change status when they finally enter the grading room.

Even before the current issues they were still reporting about 20 weeks for pressing so your books are about where they should be.

At this point who knows if your books will even be pressed by August, much less graded
Post 8 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@dielinfinite So true! I'm trying to be optimistic with an August return but I know that could very well be wishful thinking.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone know the specs on CBCS Pressing? How many books can be pressed at one time/number of pressers or length of time needed per book and the latest TAT? I think it would be cool to see a wide-angle shot of the pressing room layout.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'm pretty sure @SteveRicketts would be the only one here that can really provide that information
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector timberghost private msg quote post Address this user
HOLY BAT CRAP. I didn't wait that long on the old lady to give in.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I remember when the company split between Dallas and Florida and the move was touted as likely to decrease pressing times and increase efficiency. I at the time questioned that concept, in that just moving the books back and forth from the one state to another seems to add more steps and time..
If the original assessment was correct that would suggest the business flow has either increased so radically that pressing is stil going to follow behind a great distance, or the original theory was flawed.
Post 13 IP   flag post
597998 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?