Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For SaleComics Bronze AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Ed's Cabin Fever Sale11492

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
To My Comic Book Extended Family -

We are all going through trying times, and hopefully we can get through this safe and sound. Since we should be staying inside and limiting our contact with others for at least the next month or two, let's use this time to interact with and bring comfort to the ones we love. I am also finding comfort in my collection, and maybe your collection calms you and makes you feel better too. I have hundreds (okay maybe thousands) of books that I don't really need, and would be flattered if you think they are worthy of being in your collections.

If you don't know me, I am a collector and not a dealer. I do not sell on eBay or at conventions. I have sold or traded with several dozen people on these forums over the last five-plus years, so feel free to ask for references. I am still collecting, but I am trying to focus on only a few specific titles now, like X-Men, ASM, most SA Marvels and DCs (especially Adventure Comics), and various other shiny things, like Swamp Thing, good-girl art, ECs, etc. If you see something you want and think we could work out a trade, send me a PM. You may have something I'd like that I didn't even know existed.

I accept payment by PayPal in accordance with the selling guidelines established by CBCS. Any items you receive that do not match the pictures or descriptions provided for that item(s) may be returned for a refund within 7 days (return shipping at your cost). I am only human and I make mistakes, and grading is not universal. I can honestly say that most people who have purchased books from me say they would buy from me again. I ship by USPS Priority Mail. The prices quoted DO NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING. Shipping charges generally start around $8 for 1 to 8 raw comics to addresses within the US, with shipping for slabs starting in the $15 range. I will only charge you the actual shipping cost that I pay (I do combine shipping costs whenever possible). If you are in Canada or overseas, I will calculate the costs to ship to those locations and then inform you of the shipping charges and methods available.

First person to post "I'll take it" owns it. I will PM you later and get your shipping information.

Thanks for looking and stay safe,

Ed
Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Captain Marvel #32 - A good clean looking book in what I consider to be the 8.0/8.5 range, $35.

Post 2 IP   flag post
Marvel Feature #12 - More great Starlin art, this comic is in my 5.0/6.0 range, $20.

Post 3 IP   flag post
SOLD

Swamp Thing Annual #2 - Justice League Dark anyone? This book is miscut and has two impact dents in the cover above and below the Demon's head. Therefore I am saying it is probably in the 7.0/8.0 range and I'm asking $15.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
I highly recommend brother @esaravo for comic deals! Ray
Post 5 IP   flag post
Marvel Spotlight #32 - First Spider-Woman, this copy is around an 8.5, $100.

Post 6 IP   flag post
Moon Knight #1 - Newsstand Edition - Looks to be about a 9.0 (smudge along spine), $35.

Post 7 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Swamp Thing Annual #2 - Justice League Dark anyone? This book is miscut and has two impact dents in the cover above and below the Demon's head. Therefore I am saying it is probably in the 7.0/8.0 range and I'm asking $15.

aaaannnnddddd claim
Post 8 IP   flag post
Fantasy Masterpieces #1 (1979) - Newsstand Edition - If you can't afford a nice SS #1, here's the next best thing. I'd call it about an 8.5 and I'm asking $20.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray
I highly recommend brother @esaravo for comic deals! Ray

I second that 👍
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thor #338 (Newsstand) and #339 (Direct) - These are nice clean copies that would be in the 9.0/9.2 range, $25 for both.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Marvel Team-Up #141 - Newsstand - Beautiful copy that's about a 9.2, $50.

Post 12 IP   flag post
Ghostly Tales #63 - A very cool 1967 Charlton horror comic with C/OW pages, cover oxidation, and sun shadow rear bottom cover. About a 6.0 for $10.

Post 13 IP   flag post
SOLD

House of Secrets #93 - Gorgeous Wrightson cover, this book is around a 7.5 and it's yours for $20 (and it makes me wish I had kept my copy of the issue right before this one).

Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
House of Secrets #93 - Gorgeous Wrightson cover, this book is around a 7.5 and it's yours for $20 (and it makes me wish I had kept my copy of the issue right before this one).

id like please
Post 15 IP   flag post
That's it for tonight, but I will post more books tomorrow. Feel free to offer suggestions of something you'd like to see. Thanks to @HeinzDad for his purchase, and to @Johnnylray and @southerncross for their props, much appreciated.
Post 16 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad Dang it!! You beat me to that HOS #93. Nice get. 🙂
Post 17 IP   flag post
I tried to resist and couldn’t.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Got any TOS you’re looking to part with?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Got any TOS you’re looking to part with?

Unfortunately, I traded those away in the 1980’s. What else might interest you, Ryan?
Post 20 IP   flag post
Okay reached into my box of BA #1's and pulled a few books out. I bought all of the following #1's when they were brand new. They are real and they are spectacular (okay, how about really nice?).

Hercules Prince of Power #1 (1982) Newsstand Edition - Looks 9.6, yours for $10.

Post 21 IP   flag post
Conan the Barbarian Movie Special #1 (1982) Newsstand Edition - Looks like a 9.0/9.2, $5.

Post 22 IP   flag post
John Carter Warlord of Mars #1 (1977) - Looks like a 9.2, $15 (less than 1/2 of MCS's price).

Post 23 IP   flag post
Heroes Against Hunger (1986) - Great copy in the 9.4/9.6 range, $10.

PS - Supes look jacked!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Arrgh! #1 (1974) - You almost never see this book for sale in high grade. This one looks like a 9.2, $15 (and you can use it in this week's cover contest too).

Post 25 IP   flag post
The Uncanny X-Men and the New Teen Titans #1 (1985) Newsstand Edition - I am calling this book about an 8.0 due to a printing crease (non-color breaking) that runs along the front cover from the "M" in Marvel to Robin's foot, $10.

Post 26 IP   flag post
Sergio Aragone's Groo the Wanderer #1 (1985) Newsstand Edition - Looks like a 9.4, $20.

Post 27 IP   flag post
New Teen Titans Annual #1 (1980) Newsstand Edition - Beautiful watercolor painted cover by George Perez, looks like a 9.2, $10.

Post 28 IP   flag post
House of Mystery #220 (1973) and #226 (1974) - Two reader copies, around 2.0/3.0, $10 for both, can't go wrong with cheap horror.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Unexpected #136 (1972) and Beyond the Unknown #24 (1973) - I'd call the #136 around a 5.0 and the #24 about a 6.0, $15 for both.

Post 30 IP   flag post
601333 84 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?