Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Silver Age

Ed's X-Men Run11483

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 276 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 277 IP   flag post

Post 278 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Nice run of covers.

When people mention top X-men artists, Smith gets lost in the crowd.

He’s like the George Harrison of X-men artists.

I have 166 and one of my favorite covers is coming up: 175!
Post 279 IP   flag post
@Jabberwookie - Sorry to make you wait so long. So I will post a few more today.
Post 280 IP   flag post

Post 281 IP   flag post

Post 282 IP   flag post

Post 283 IP   flag post

Post 284 IP   flag post

Post 285 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
More!
Post 286 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Now thats an X-Men fan.
Post 287 IP   flag post
Paul Smith's art was so underappreciated from that run!
Post 288 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Now, He''s a modern day Jack Kirby. 175 is where the Golden Age of X-Men end.
Post 289 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I think we're throwing around the Kirby comparisons a little too haphazzardly.
Post 290 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
I think we're throwing around the Kirby comparisons a little too haphazzardly.

Kirby wishes he could carry Liefeld's button fly jeans!
Post 291 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Ha!! 😀

Post 292 IP   flag post
Collector Johnnylray private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo We are going to miss Eds' Comic scans when he goes back to work!
Post 293 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray

I am working right now, Ray. Just finished grading Zoology labs on an online squid dissection and now I am trying to come up with a plan for the three classes I teach tomorrow. I only meet with each class every other day, but it still takes twice the amount of time it used to take, mostly just trying to come up with ideas for labs and homework that will work through distance learning. My AM and PM commutes are much shorter though, so I am saving on buying gas. But because I teach five different classes, I am constantly prepping and correcting every day.
Post 294 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley

Now, He''s a modern day Jack Kirby. 175 is where the Golden Age of X-Men end.

About a year ago, I got marvel unlimited for a bit and read back through the X-Men from about 120 to almost 300, and I have to agree with you, for the most part.

I didn’t realize what a mess some of the stories and crossovers were until a re-read.

And, I enjoy Paul Smiths art more and more.

Loving seeing the covers!!
Post 295 IP   flag post

Post 296 IP   flag post

Post 297 IP   flag post

Post 298 IP   flag post

Post 299 IP   flag post

Post 300 IP   flag post
Romita Jr's X-Men artwork has always been very hit or miss with me. 176 and 179, to me, are very good covers. He had some others. I kinda felt the same way about his Daredevil work. He has a distinct style, so you definitely know it's him.
Post 301 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

I’m sucker for covers that affect the logo.

X-Men was the book to read in the 80s.
Post 302 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnylray

I am working right now, Ray. Just finished grading Zoology labs on an online squid dissection and now I am trying to come up with a plan for the three classes I teach tomorrow. I only meet with each class every other day, but it still takes twice the amount of time it used to take, mostly just trying to come up with ideas for labs and homework that will work through distance learning. My AM and PM commutes are much shorter though, so I am saving on buying gas. But because I teach five different classes, I am constantly prepping and correcting every day.

Years ago, I taught a Biology class for six weeks while the regular teacher was on maternity leave. I have a BS degree with a triple major in Biology, Botany, and Zoology. One of my favorite projects I levied on the kids was a DNA helix that they had to color, label, cut out, and fold in order to show the structure in 3-D. It drove them batty, but when done correctly, it was awesome.
Post 303 IP   flag post
@DrWatson - Any chance you have a project like that for earthworms? We started Annelids today in Zoology, so a virtual dissection this Thursday. Environmental Science is discussing Hazardous Waste disposal; Oceanography just finished ocean zones and we are now learning about marine invertebrates and vertebrates; and both Honors and College Prep Biology are learning about Cell Division and the Cell Cycle. Want to be a guest speaker in a Google Meet or Zoom room?
Post 304 IP   flag post
Quote:
Want to be a guest speaker in a Google Meet or Zoom room?

Oh, hell no. That was a lifetime ago, lol.
Post 305 IP   flag post
601537 405 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?