Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPPop CultureSignatures

Huge price for low grade VSP!11403

It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry, it's a trade secret.
Post 26 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! That is crazy. How did feebay have that sale showing up and not the "best offer"?(I don't know feebay very well these days)
Still.....crazy price for that book! Just nowhere near as crazy......
Post 27 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImmortalGI
I would love to see pictures if anybody else has some rare vintage signatures VSP/ in slab. Anybody have a Wally Wood?

Here's my Linda Carter "Wonder Woman"

Here's a Walter Lantz signed Woody book

And my Favorite The Rare Ditko Signature

Post 28 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Gotlift I wanted to get Lynda Carter when she had her concert at Baltimore Comic Con but the Platinum Package (only way to get a signature on a single item brought from home)was $1,000.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@chester15 LOL
Post 30 IP   flag post

Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
@Gotlift I wanted to get Lynda Carter when she had her concert at Baltimore Comic Con but the Platinum Package (only way to get a signature on a single item brought from home)was $1,000.

Wow that’s a little pricey. Can’t remember what it cost. But I pretty sure it was very reasonable I got it just after the book was released. I do remember I was lucky to get it for some reason. I had it tucked away in a top loader for a few years and was very happy it came back a 9.8.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImmortalGI
I would love to see pictures if anybody else has some rare vintage signatures VSP/ in slab. Anybody have a Wally Wood?

Here's my Linda Carter "Wonder Woman"

Here's a Walter Lantz signed Woody book

And my Favorite The Rare Ditko Signature

love that signed Lynda Carter book..I used to correspond with her via the mail and had several trading cards signed.....amazing signature!
Post 32 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Not as awesome as some but mine:

Post 33 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

this should be here Monday, it's awesome cbcs recognized the white logo variant on the label
Post 34 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Batman66 What's the white logo variant? What's different?
Post 35 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Aw...I see it now...the depth dimension on the CAPTAIN AMERICA title...there's a yellow and a white. yellow is more common I gather.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
here's a yellow and a white. yellow is more common I gather.

Funny because the white is so much cleaner and better looking IMO.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@EbaySeller I agree...never noticed the difference before but now I can't unseen it. I've got 3 copies of this book....I'm gonna check mine out...prolly all yellow though 🙁
Post 38 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC let us know what you have. I've heard about 5% are white. It's the first time I've seen/heard a grading company putting it on the label.
Post 39 IP   flag post
well whadaya know?! 1 of my 3 is the white variant! Cool! This one will be next to go to CBCS.

Post 40 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

She actually had signed photos for $25 at the counter where they sell the Baltimore comicon swag (t-shirts, programs,etc). It's not a comic, but for $25 to get a signed Lynda Carter I thought was a steal. They only last several hours on the desk. Not sure if you saw them 2 years ago when she was there
Post 41 IP   flag post
@GAC awesome. Looks like it's in great shape too😀
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
@chester15 How did you search that? I searched eBay completed sales and it comes up with the $22k listing. I'm not doubting what you are saying and Gocollect is reporting, I would just like to be able to verify it.

when you get to the page where the book is hit the refine button
choose the category/'s you want to be shown
hit the refine button
Post 43 IP   flag post
597875 43 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?