Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
No matter what one's individual opinion is on how far this panic is necessary or unnecessary, those airport pictures are somewhere I would not want to be for a million bucks. Sheesh - what a friggin mess.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 77 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Airport pics are hectic looking.
I was in Hawaii 5 days ago. It was business as usual there.
Flew out with no problems. The airport was empty and it was the fastest I had gone thru airport security in my life.
Took only five minutes to get thru.

Back in Seattle it was a different story.
The city streets are like a ghost town.
Traffic is non existing and it's pleasant to walk down the street to the local shops as there is no one in sight.

Quite the contrast compared to Honolulu.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
This will probably cause an increase in the manufacturing of items designed to keep you in the house.

Mail orders for every day items will increase, as will home delivered meals.

People are going to over sanitize their world until just looking at a spot of mold on a piece of bread will get them sick.

And yes, cats and dogs will live in harmony.
Post 79 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
To anyone invested in this question topic:

How do you feel about the comic book market on ebay? Will prices increase, decrease, or remain the same?
Post 80 IP   flag post

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Currently, I may be in the minority but I think this will go away very quickly at some point and we'll all laugh at the people that bought up the toilet paper. Then we'll all go on vacation due to the really cheap prices of gas and airline tickets. Here's hoping!
Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
the things that are starting to affect everyone as sort of a trickle down: My daughter was in Fla with 4 friends all week. Meanwhile, they cancelled her college classes (and my son's and my wife's work). My son is still sick, but no fever so no worries according to pediatrician yesterday. But, my daughter was at airport in Lauderdale which I didn't like, then they did a layover in Tampa (why? no idea, but liked that even less). Now, after hanging out in 2 hot spot airports at 19 with no real savvy, they board her and as they're taking off, have to hit the breaks and turn back - computer failure. They keep them at terminal for hours while they "assess' the failure...I say "no way" and call the airline. Takes me an hr to get through to someone. They were useless and overwhelmed with virus chaos. I scan on line for next available (any airline), find 1 and only 1 for that day that is only 1 layover in Phily and fast. I call that airline as the purchase is "pending" for 45 mins and the flight leaves in 90. The wait time is 2 hrs!!!

I see a VIP number..take a chance and call it...beg her not to dismiss me as Im not a VIP...she says the systems are overloaded and the chaos is out of control so she will get my daughter on the flight. Then my daughter's friends are scared and frustrated after sitting in airport from 6am until 5pm...so I buy them all tickets because they have no money..ugh...they are about to board and one of them starts throwing up everywhere. The plane lets them board anyway ( I guess vomiting isn't a huge concern )..but this person is the driver from Boston back to New Hampshire and then down to providence for my daughter. So they tell my daughter she needs to drive from Boston at 1030pm (on 2 hrs sleep and a stomach bug - that they all have) in a truck she's never driven before, at 11 at night ..go an hr into NH drop off one girl, then drive 2 hrs to Providence through two major cities. I said no f*in way..she'll get killed.

I get out of bed (I'm old , it's 9 pm, I was ready for sleep), I drive to Boston...get my daughter at airport, make sure the kids have an uber to NH, drive her home in a confined space for an hour while she tells me how sick everyone is and how long they were trapped in airport and all I can think is: the system is breaking down and the chaos has just jeopardized the safety of my entire family and now after escaping my son's illness and feeling safe , I have to worry for the net 14 days as to whether or not my daughter has just infected the entire houshold knowing this virus will probably kill me with my lung issues.

oh..and to top it off..the airline claims they executed "half the trip" by having a layover and are not refunding all 5 tix for cancelling the 2nd leg. I said "it was a 20 mile layover, how the hell is that half the trip and yes, you will be refunding us our money you asshats"
That is terrible. I hope everything works out for your family. I cannot imagine how stressed you must have been.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Brian!
Post 83 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

How do you feel about the comic book market on ebay? Will prices increase, decrease, or remain the same?

For the next few months - decrease
Then when things are back to normal - stay as it was a month ago
Post 84 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Well for me not going to the cons that got cancelled I’ll b spending some money
Post 85 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
Went grocery shopping today. TP aisle was bone dry, and there weren't any tissues, either. Bottled water aisle was empty (although they had dozens of gallon-sized distilled water on the shelf. Meat counter wasn't even open ... same for the deli. Eggs were completely gone. Slim pickings on any cheeses.

None of that stuff didn't bother me as much as seeing the Little Debbie section very low.

It's getting bad out there.
Post 86 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
None of that stuff didn't bother me as much as seeing the Little Debbie section very low.

Did they have Ring Dings and Yodels? If so, then all is well
Post 87 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Gaard - Pay up!

Post 88 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
The latest on staying calm...

Post 89 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Went grocery shopping today. TP aisle was bone dry, and there weren't any tissues, either. Bottled water aisle was empty (although they had dozens of gallon-sized distilled water on the shelf. Meat counter wasn't even open ... same for the deli. Eggs were completely gone. Slim pickings on any cheeses.

All of your TP needs
clickable text
Post 90 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
Quote:

Well for me not going to the cons that got cancelled I’ll b spending some money
I went to a few LCS’s yesterday on account of the local con getting canceled. The one that I go to regularly had a sale since said con didn’t occur. He tore it up for sales, three wall books I’ve had my eye on sold. The one an hour before I got there. I did come away with this piece.
maybe check stores in towns where all these cons were in place and they figure it out also? I dunno, just a thought.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:

All of your TP needs
clickable text

LOL!! Fourteen of the twenty choices are on backorder until August!!
Post 92 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Supposed to go to Kauai in 2 weeks, kinda hoping we get stranded there for the duration.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I see that you are about 2.5 hours west of me. I went to Costco on Friday night. There was still a decent selection of meats,fresh vegetables, and fruits. This is what we primarily purchased. I saw a large case of toilet paper on the kitchen table when I got home last night. My son must have scored that somewhere.
Post 94 IP   flag post
They are getting restocked in Toledo at this point. Meijer had tp yesterday, although by now that might not be the case. Stores have also closed for periods of time to restock and sanitize, which is good to know.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips Never been to Costco. Isn't that one of those places that charge you for the privilege of shopping there? I think there's one on the SE side of GR.

@HeinzDad Yep, no place but Meijer for me. There's probably 5 or 6 in town here. Luckily, the one closest to me is also the one with the least amount of snooty/entitled shoppers. Was wandering around the store wondering what to get for breakfast, and bought some sausage (Sage flavored), english muffins, and hash brown patties. Made my own McDonald's breakfast.
Post 96 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
the toilet paper and disinfectants at both grainger.com and uline.com are sold out in most cases. i was lucky enough to get some rolls of 2 ply before they became unavailable. i was also lucky to buy bleach last week as well before all this nonsense really unfolded. I was following italy and china closely so I could see it was coming to the US only a matter of time really.
Post 97 IP   flag post
I work in the trades, if any of you want some wax paper outta porta Johns PM me. The other day I considered ripping the hand sanitizer dispenser off the side of it, lol, I don’t think it’s at that point yet.
Post 98 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@HeinzDad not sure about that. The last time my wife went to the store they had someone out front dispensing the sanitizer wipes you wipe the cart handles off with because people kept taking them all.
Post 99 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
If you want toilet paper check your local Lowes, Home Depot, Menards. Most people have forgotten they carry those products. In our area they have them in stock. You won't find it online but you'd be surprised what's in the store.

Also, you can find how to DIY hand sanitizer on-line. It isn't that hard to do.
Post 100 IP   flag post
Menards is a good one. Earlier this week when all the other stores were cray as hell Menards had no traffic. Also they have pet food and all the crappy preservative loaded foods one could want.
Post 101 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I've only sold a couple of books so far this month, but that's par for the course. I can see prices staying the same, maybe a short dip until this COVID-19 thing runs its course. Then it will be business as usual. My buying habits from the UK haven't changed, but I might be more mindful if I were buying something from Italy.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Ohio has now joined the shit show. 37 confirmed cases with almost half being in Cuyahoga County. Thanks a lot Cleveland! At this point, I'm down to just get the damn virus, let it run its course, and then go about my life. My work has announced that there is some half-assed contingency plan in place in case the base restricts access to essential staff only. Basically, I would have to figure out how to telework for 8 hours per day until normal operations resume. Our main office won't be able to contain all of us, so some of us will have to stay home. Just to show that I'm a team player, I offered to bite the bullet on that. On the other hand, I might just say screw it and take the week off.
Post 103 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Question: If one gets this virus and and it runs its course and you get better. Are you now immune to it or can you get it again? Is the strain mutating and can you get the mutated strain and get ill again?
Post 104 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Question: If one gets this virus and and it runs its course and you get better. Are you now immune to it or can you get it again? Is the strain mutating and can you get the mutated strain and get ill again?

People who had the virus are getting re-infected.
Post 105 IP   flag post
601333 679 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.