Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Ed! I'm sitting good on reading material right now, but thanks for asking!!! To be honest, I feel better being here during this time than I probably would have felt in my old apartment. They aren't afraid to send a person to the hospital for testing here. And actually, the hospital and care facility are owned by the same health company.

And concerning the WWE, I am watching Smackdown right now and boy is it different. They are televising from their EMPTY training facility in Florida. No audience is there. It's weird.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
This all got very real yesterday for our family. Yesterday a suspected case was seen by one of our family members and that patient was tested. The test results won't be back for 48+ hours from the time of the test. All precautions were taken, i.e., the patient was seen in a negative pressure room, and our family member and the nurses were in the full protective clothing that the CDC recommends they wear while treating a patient who has or is suspected or having the virus. That being said the hospital recommended that the members of the staff all stay in a different area of their homes away from family members and use a different bathroom until the test results are back. If it turns out to be a confirmed case then they will all be tested.

I should point out that the patient presented themselves to the ER unannounced. They exposed everyone in the ER to possible infection as no one knew that this person was just going to show up. We need to do a better job with "rules" about how to present yourself to a medical facility if you have symptoms. Call ahead and let them know. They will walk you through their protocols and get you seen so you aren't exposing others.

The hospital is on lock down and has been for about 3 days. No one gets in unless they are a patient, a staff member, or a medical surgical rep now. The staff isn't allowed to go out for lunch or order food in anymore. If you have a family member in the hospital you can no longer visit them. They are doing this to cut down on possible cross contamination.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
This all got very real yesterday for our family. Yesterday a suspected case was seen by one of our family members and that patient was tested. The test results won't be back for 48+ hours from the time of the test. All precautions were taken, i.e., the patient was seen in a negative pressure room, and our family member and the nurses were in the full protective clothing that the CDC recommends they wear while treating a patient who has or is suspected or having the virus. That being said the hospital recommended that the members of the staff all stay in a different area of their homes away from family members and use a different bathroom until the test results are back. If it turns out to be a confirmed case then they will all be tested.

Sh!t....i hope everything turns out fine and that you and your family members are ok....that goes for everyone reading this too by the way
Post 53 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

I sure hope I don't get the common flu next winter. I could end up shutting down the entire world. Imagine that? I'll just hope I catch a cold, maybe it will "only" be the entire U.S.
Post 54 IP   flag post
This is why we can't count on others to do the right thing

A JetBlue passenger who flew from New York to Florida has tested positive for coronavirus

The passenger had taken the test. Then got on a plane to fly. It appears the passenger either knew before taking off they tested positive or sometime during the flight found out they had tested positive.

I hope that the airline and the airport bill the passenger for the sanitization of the plane and the airport that was reported.
Post 55 IP   flag post

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
For the past two weeks I’ve been opening packages on the porch and immediately getting rid of packing materials. Necessary or not? I don’t know but I have to say I can’t stand it. I’ve been tossing some of the nicest mailers, boxes, and bubble wrap that I always save and reuse.
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
For the past two weeks I’ve been opening packages on the porch and immediately getting rid of packing materials. Necessary or not? I don’t know but I have to say I can’t stand it. I’ve been tossing some of the nicest mailers, boxes, and bubble wrap that I always save and reuse.
Better to be safe than sorry.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 58 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 59 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
This is why we can't count on others to do the right thing

A JetBlue passenger who flew from New York to Florida has tested positive for coronavirus

The passenger had taken the test. Then got on a plane to fly. It appears the passenger either knew before taking off they tested positive or sometime during the flight found out they had tested positive.

I hope that the airline and the airport bill the passenger for the sanitization of the plane and the airport that was reported.

They’ve been banned from flying Jet Blue in the future
Post 60 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 61 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 62 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

I sent them an email and a text, but I doubt they saw them.
Post 63 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

I'm 4 bottles in to becoming a Corona Zombie myself.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater this is cnn precisely the reason why people in Asian wear masks when going to crowded areas - and especially in hospitals - whether the experts say it works or not
Post 65 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Came across this article and thought it was fairly interesting. Apparently if you have a gaming pc you can donate your computer horsepower to help find a solution to coronavirus...

https://www.gamesradar.com/nvidias-calling-on-gaming-pc-owners-to-put-their-systems-to-work-fighting-covid-19/
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
the things that are starting to affect everyone as sort of a trickle down: My daughter was in Fla with 4 friends all week. Meanwhile, they cancelled her college classes (and my son's and my wife's work). My son is still sick, but no fever so no worries according to pediatrician yesterday. But, my daughter was at airport in Lauderdale which I didn't like, then they did a layover in Tampa (why? no idea, but liked that even less). Now, after hanging out in 2 hot spot airports at 19 with no real savvy, they board her and as they're taking off, have to hit the breaks and turn back - computer failure. They keep them at terminal for hours while they "assess' the failure...I say "no way" and call the airline. Takes me an hr to get through to someone. They were useless and overwhelmed with virus chaos. I scan on line for next available (any airline), find 1 and only 1 for that day that is only 1 layover in Phily and fast. I call that airline as the purchase is "pending" for 45 mins and the flight leaves in 90. The wait time is 2 hrs!!!

I see a VIP number..take a chance and call it...beg her not to dismiss me as Im not a VIP...she says the systems are overloaded and the chaos is out of control so she will get my daughter on the flight. Then my daughter's friends are scared and frustrated after sitting in airport from 6am until 5pm...so I buy them all tickets because they have no money..ugh...they are about to board and one of them starts throwing up everywhere. The plane lets them board anyway ( I guess vomiting isn't a huge concern )..but this person is the driver from Boston back to New Hampshire and then down to providence for my daughter. So they tell my daughter she needs to drive from Boston at 1030pm (on 2 hrs sleep and a stomach bug - that they all have) in a truck she's never driven before, at 11 at night ..go an hr into NH drop off one girl, then drive 2 hrs to Providence through two major cities. I said no f*in way..she'll get killed.

I get out of bed (I'm old , it's 9 pm, I was ready for sleep), I drive to Boston...get my daughter at airport, make sure the kids have an uber to NH, drive her home in a confined space for an hour while she tells me how sick everyone is and how long they were trapped in airport and all I can think is: the system is breaking down and the chaos has just jeopardized the safety of my entire family and now after escaping my son's illness and feeling safe , I have to worry for the net 14 days as to whether or not my daughter has just infected the entire houshold knowing this virus will probably kill me with my lung issues.

oh..and to top it off..the airline claims they executed "half the trip" by having a layover and are not refunding all 5 tix for cancelling the 2nd leg. I said "it was a 20 mile layover, how the hell is that half the trip and yes, you will be refunding us our money you asshats"
Post 67 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Watcher that does not sound great - crossing fingers!
Post 68 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 69 IP   flag post

Post 70 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
If you are flying right now. You are screwed. If you know someone who was just at the airport, you are screwed as well.

Avoid large crowds. Don't travel unless you have to. Stay 6 ft away from each other.

(Sigh).
Post 71 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
This looks worse than a comic convention.
Post 72 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Flying out of JFK around 2AM Tuesday.

Wish me luck!
Post 73 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos - Good luck, Corey. Please take all precautions and dress accordingly.

Post 74 IP   flag post

Post 75 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
No matter what one's individual opinion is on how far this panic is necessary or unnecessary, those airport pictures are somewhere I would not want to be for a million bucks. Sheesh - what a friggin mess.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 77 IP   flag post
Airport pics are hectic looking.
I was in Hawaii 5 days ago. It was business as usual there.
Flew out with no problems. The airport was empty and it was the fastest I had gone thru airport security in my life.
Took only five minutes to get thru.

Back in Seattle it was a different story.
The city streets are like a ghost town.
Traffic is non existing and it's pleasant to walk down the street to the local shops as there is no one in sight.

Quite the contrast compared to Honolulu.
Post 78 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
This will probably cause an increase in the manufacturing of items designed to keep you in the house.

Mail orders for every day items will increase, as will home delivered meals.

People are going to over sanitize their world until just looking at a spot of mold on a piece of bread will get them sick.

And yes, cats and dogs will live in harmony.
Post 79 IP   flag post
To anyone invested in this question topic:

How do you feel about the comic book market on ebay? Will prices increase, decrease, or remain the same?
Post 80 IP   flag post
601274 679 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.