Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid @Jesse_O @poka (I appreciate that your conversation caused me to look into what Taiwan did and is doing to make its population safer. I learned a bunch from it).

Taiwan learned from Sars. Thus, they took the information coming out of China seriously. They did a lot more than I’m providing here…

They started inspecting plane passengers coming from Wuhan starting Dec. 31. They bannned Wuhan residents on Jan. 23. They suspended tours to China on Jan. 25, and eventually banning all Chinese visitors on Feb. 6. On Feb 6 they banned all cruise ships that had a suspected case in the last 28 days from docking at their ports. They banned foreign nationals from entering their country on Feb 7 with travel to China Hong Kong, or Macau for the last 14 days. Using their national health data, on Feb 12 anyone with influenza like symptoms that test negative for influenza had to be tested for the C-virus. Feb 17 anyone arriving with a fever or respiratory symptoms had to be tested at their entry point and under go a 14 day quarantine.

On January 24, 2020 they stopped exporting surgical face masks and had the companies that manufacturer them increase their production of them. Then they took control of the distribution of them on Jan 31. Feb 2, they put soldiers on the lines in the factories. The goal is to produce 10,000,000 masks a day. Feb 3 the Postal workers take over distribution of the masks in the 6515 pharmacies in the country. People can buy 2 masks per week. Feb 20, children can now have 4 masks per week. Masks are sold at pharmacies and clinics for US $ 0.17 each. They don’t have the eBay/Amazon issue with flippers jacking up the prices on them like we have. (Of course, we aren't going to put/force soldiers on private companies' production lines, nor are we going to put US government employed workers in private pharmacies to distribute masks either).

https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202002280019

One should remember that China banned individuals from 47 cities from traveling to Taiwan on Aug 1, 2019. Also, they limited tour groups from going there in like 2015. Can't go into the why on that as it is politics but in doing so the Chinese Government helped Taiwan in the long run.

Education -

Feb 21 they issued the following guidelines for the suspension of classes...

1+ case (student or teacher) in a K-9 class, then the class is suspended for 14 days.
2+ cases in a school then the school is closed for 14 days.
If 1/3 of the schools in a township, city, or district are closed then all the schools are shut down for 14 days.
If a student or teacher is diagnosed in a high school, college, or university then all classes they attend or teach is suspended for 14 days.
If 2+ cases in an institution of any level then it is closed for 14 days.
Post 651 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 652 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
some states have some decent resources. Florida is...problematic. First visited this site 2 PM on the 24th. 1412 cases and 18 deaths. As of right now 2,355 cases and 28 deaths.
https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/96dd742462124fa0b38ddedb9b25e429?fbclid=IwAR2-Lm5cPp6_ppms0XdvE27NsLAoLJEca1cZjrxYEE_bYzoU2O1w-OGjDgg
Post 653 IP   flag post
Collector Nelsconey private msg quote post Address this user
I think we are going to have some real good news early next week.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/bahrain-hydroxychloroquine-success-response-covid-19
Post 654 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user

Post 655 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsconey

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/bahrain-hydroxychloroquine-success-response-covid-19

Why do you say next week?

What type of clinical trials have these countries taken?

I suppose if you’re on deaths door, why not? But without knowing short and long term health effects for these patients there’s risk that the cure may be worse than the disease.

Already rules are being put into place to keep the drug out of the hands of wrong hands and keep a stock in hand for those who actually “need” it.

It’s going to be then next toilet paper debacle.

I’d like to know If anyone who takes this drug for lupus or arthritis has come down with covid-19 and how they’re doing.
Post 656 IP   flag post
Crazy that those 2 Carpenter films fit with this.
Post 657 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

I suppose if you’re on deaths door, why not? But without knowing short and long term health effects for these patients there’s risk that the cure may be worse than the disease.

Already rules are being put into place to keep the drug out of the hands of wrong hands and keep a stock in hand for those who actually “need” it.

I’d like to know If anyone who takes this drug for lupus or arthritis has come down with covid-19 and how they’re doing.

I think we kmow the long term health effects since its been around since 1955.

I wonder why India stopped its exports of the drug. Hmmm

I think we see good news next week.
Post 658 IP   flag post
Quote:

Just don’t confuse it with this.
Post 659 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Nelsconey
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

I think we kmow the long term health effects since its been around since 1955.

I think we see good news next week.

Conversely, the long term effects of hydrochloroquine on patients with Covid-19 are absolutely unknown.
Post 660 IP   flag post
That's true.

Although you won't be taking it long term. Just short term.

When one of the largest producers of the drug stops exporting it. Every study or whatnot is showing positive results save for the one from China.
Post 661 IP   flag post
@Nelsconey
Quote:
That's true.

When one of the largest producers of the drug stops exporting it. Every study or whatnot is showing positive results save for the one from China.

In this case, long term effects doesn’t mean taking the drug for a long term.

It means what negative effects may show up long after Covid-19 patients stop taking the drug.

There is absolutely no data on this.
Post 662 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@Nelsconey
Quote:
That's true.

It means what negative effects may show up long after Covid-19 patients stop taking the drug.

I'll take the chance. I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that your/my Dr would prescribe it to his family or himself.
Post 663 IP   flag post
@Nelsconey
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCanuck
@Nelsconey
Quote:
That's true.

I'll take the chance. I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that your/my Dr would prescribe it to his family or himself.

Understandable, but your/my Dr. cannot prescribe it for Covid-19 until it has passed appropriate clinical testing to understand the long term effects on Covid-19 patients.
Post 664 IP   flag post

Already being prescribed.

I've heard when you go into ER this one of the first things they put into your IV.

(2nd hand info)
Post 665 IP   flag post
@Nelsconey
Quote:

Already being prescribed.

I've heard when you go into ER this one of the first things they put into your IV.

(2nd hand info)

Canadian officials have a different opinion about chloroquine. This is from CBC News.

Post 666 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
China has suspended entry of foreign nationals due to virus. Gosh, I hope they aren't labeled as xenophobic.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China National Immigration Administration Announcement on the Temporary Suspension of Entry by Foreign Nationals Holding Valid Chinese Visas or Residence Permits

"In view of the rapid spread of COVID-19 across the world, China has decided to temporarily suspend the entry into China by foreign nationals holding visas or residence permits still valid to the time of this announcement, effective from 0 a.m., 28 march 2020. Entry by foreign nationals with APEC Business Travel Cards will be suspended as well. Policies including port visas, 24/72/144-hour visa-free transit policy, Hainan 30-day visa-free policy, 15-day visa-free policy specified for foreign cruise-group-tour through Shanghai Port, Guangdong 144-hour visa-free policy specified for foreign tour groups from Hong Kong or Macao SAR, and Guangxi 15-day visa-free policy specified for foreign tour groups of ASEAN countries will also be temporarily suspended. Entry with diplomatic, service, courtesy or C visas will not be affected. Foreign nationals coming to China for necessary economic, trade, scientific or technological activities or out of emergency humanitarian needs may apply for visas at Chinese embassies or consulates. Entry by foreign nationals with visas issued after this announcement will not be affected.

The suspension is a temporary measure that China is compelled to take in light of the outbreak situation and the practices of other countries. China will stay in close touch with all sides and properly handle personnel exchanges with the rest of the world under the special circumstances. The above-mentioned measures will be calibrated in light of the evolving situation and announced accordingly."
Post 667 IP   flag post
@Towmater
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
China has suspended entry of foreign nationals due to virus. Gosh, I hope they aren't labeled as xenophobic.

A “no refund or return” policy on the virus.
Post 668 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
The US overtakes China in total cases

Post 669 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Greenland looks like it's doing well
Post 670 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user

Post 671 IP   flag post
Did we get clearance to talk about legal drugs?....thought we were warned about that a few pages back. I have relevant information, but do not want to get pulled into another discussion that we've already been told we can't have.
Post 672 IP   flag post
I may have missed that my apolgies.
Post 673 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Ok all, I cleaned up this thread once!! We do not allow ANY drug talk (illegal or legal) and what part of NO POLITICS do you not get?

It's definitely relevant, but on page 24; we were told to stop when this topic came up.
Post 674 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Did we get clearance to talk about legal drugs?....thought we were warned about that a few pages back. I have relevant information, but do not want to get pulled into another discussion that we've already been told we can't have.
comments get deleted about state appointed legals soooooo. Thank you.
Post 675 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65

Since it keeps coming up in this thread, and is actually pretty relevant to the conversation, I am checking with the other mods and the admins to see if we can allow talk about drugs related to coronavirus oked. I have not gotten the official go ahead yet. I'll let you all know one way or another.
Post 676 IP   flag post
Don't want to stop a good conversation, just wanted to double-check if I missed some kind of "hey go for it update" before adding some info. NO biggy. People are hopeful something is coming soon that would shorten this mess and allow for an economic rebound not to mention that whole people are dying thing. We're really grasping at straws. This is the talk I went to for my colleague; they just posted the recording on youtube and this covers a lot of topics covered throughout this thread. I think if your timeline of hope is on the scale of weeks; you're likely being overly optimistic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMV-azltXGU&feature=youtu.be
Post 677 IP   flag post
Alcohol is a legal drug and beer is often mentioned on the forum.

Just sayin
Post 678 IP   flag post
Thanks @Jesse_O I know it's hard keeping we rabble in place under the best of circumstances, but it's hard not to have this topic creep into this particular thread.
Post 679 IP   flag post
598094 679 29
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.