Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll pm you @EbaySeller, I’ll try to flatten the curve on this thread.
Post 551 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I just PM'd you.
Post 552 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Flash Gordon is starting on Comet right now

Cool, I might make the kids watch it in 2-3 hours when it comes on here.

Dvr’d this about a month ago...they cut so many good scenes like when Flash pretended to get stung by the wood beast...he and prince baron were sticking in their hands and then it cut to commercial....only to go to the next scene!! One of the best scenes from the movie was cut out!!! Terrible.
Post 553 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
they cut so many good scenes like when Flash pretended to get stung by the wood beast...he and prince baron were sticking in their hands and then it cut to commercial

That was the scene that everyone talked about in school when the movie came out!
Post 554 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@Jesse_O it's going to be harder to see it now that OH went full lockdown.

Meanwhile....in Gotham City....

Post 555 IP   flag post

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Just got to that part... same thing happened, they cut it out.
Post 556 IP   flag post
Quote:
Just got to that part... same thing happened, they cut it out.

Nooo! I’ll have to see if I dvr’d it from Comet.
Post 557 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't want everyone to miss it.

Post 558 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I wouldn't want everyone to miss it.

I never cared for that James Bond.
Post 559 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
so in a bar having my beer (with no one around me). before i could get my beer served i needed to sign that i have not travelled, been in contact with someone traveling or confirmed positive past 14 days as well as providing my name and phone number.

a lot for a beer while waiting for takeout dinner
Post 560 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
No bars here anymore .. or restaurants. Residents of our nearby tourist island have been sent back to the mainland so accommodations on island can be set up for mandatory isolation ..
Post 561 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
This interview has a lot of good information.
Post 562 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
FYI
March 23, 2020

Pursuant to Code 418.108, issued by the County of Dallas, Beckett and CBCS will be closed until at least April 3, 2020. All non-essential business in the county are ordered to be closed and this does include the Beckett/CBCS offices in Dallas, TX. This will go into effect at 11:59pm on March 23, 2020.

During this time, please know that there will be no orders being shipped out for any of our services, after March 23, 2020. We ask that if you have not shipped your items to us, please do not until the ordinance has been lifted. We are working to have staff here for the next few days to accept orders in transit to the office but we can not guarantee orders will/can be delivered as scheduled.

Beckett/CBCS will continue to answer as many calls and emails as possible during this time so please feel free to reach out if necessary. We do understand that this closure might not be ideal for our customers, but we hope you do understand the reasons behind it. We will do our best to update you if/when things change. Please continue to be safe as we work our way through this very unusual situation.
Post 563 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
If you are from the NYC Tri-State area you will get this:

Post 564 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos I watched a documentary on Action Park, and all I could think of was "Wow! That place must be the shit!"
Post 565 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
@drchaos I watched a documentary on Action Park, and all I could think of was "Wow! That place must be the shit!"

I don't think I ever had more fun at any other theme park ever.
Post 566 IP   flag post
Collector Nelsconey private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
I've never had any comics pressed but I saw this on Instagram.

dude... I was just going to say it looks like I’ll be around, a few of you guys can send me some books to press for free. Just pay shipping. Also I’ve only been doing it 6 months now, don’t send me some GA or SA stuff I’m not that comfy.

Do you sell on CCL?
Post 567 IP   flag post
Me, @Nelsconey??? No, not familiar.
Post 568 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Me, @Nelsconey??? No, not familiar.

I assumed you were Avery Comic Pressing

Disregard

I should have DM instead
Post 569 IP   flag post
Nope.... just some guy
Post 570 IP   flag post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisettevoytko/2020/03/22/new-york-to-begin-clinical-trials-for-coronavirus-treatment-tuesday-cuomo-says/

This Hydroxy thing sounds promising
Post 571 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos I remember seeing the Action Park commercials. I wanted to go so bad but was in my early teens. That place looked nuts
Post 572 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Without a politifcal slant, I am curious how everyone feels about the possible idea of people going back to work and if they see this as a good thing or bad idea...I am also curious if there are possible intermediate steps that could be done..like working in distanced areas, via shifts or something...ideas?
Post 573 IP   flag post
From someone who has been working the whole time.

I do believe you'll see people start coming back to work in phases.
Post 574 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town I work for fedex express and it's been pretty hectic. I sanitize like hell out there. I lysol my whole truck and packages when I'm leaving the building. It's actually a blessing for me to see the streets empty while I work but I know that I'm one of the lucky ones to be working.
Post 575 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
There are some states where they are not restricting anything yet. If we are seriously considering doing it, I say we watch with trepidation to see what happens in those states before we do anything federally.

Personally, I dont think it's a good idea. Italy is just recently getting their situation under some minor control, and china and s. korea I believe were successful in decreasing illness with the social distancing and isolation. Why not follow what works? But this is coming from a person that knows absolutely nothing about illness and what is best practice.
Post 576 IP   flag post
I think that small business (7 or less) should be able to work if theres no customer contact. Like people who can work in a warehouse or something. Just my opinion of course
Post 577 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsconey
From someone who has been working the whole time.

I do believe you'll see people start coming back to work in phases.
I too have worked the entire time, albeit without my part time job, and overtime hours at my regular one. ….I think some work has to continue...grocery stocking, mail delivery to some degree, fire and emergency services, etc
Post 578 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I don't think I'm going to be back for a few more weeks. Someone is getting tested at our main office after displaying symptoms and Wright Pat AFB went into Health Protection Condition (HPCON) Charlie which is essential personnel only more or less. Telework is the pits and results in me buying stuff.
Post 579 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
“On Monday, the World Health Organization warned ‘the pandemic is accelerating’ with it taking 67 days for cases to reach the 100,000 mark globally, 11 days for cases to reach 200,000 and just four days for cases to reach 300,000.“
Post 580 IP   flag post
601275 679 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.