Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
...and the political rhetoric from both sides sound like a broken record. Give it a rest.
Post 426 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poka
given it once again has become political guess also this thread will be shut down

same ppl really ought to unite instead of continuing with the path of splitting society

Well said @poka
It's going to start feeling like Groundhog Day for most of us. We are going to get restless and agitated. My guess is that eliminating politics will play a big role in coming out of it.
Post 427 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@Tedsaid the scariest part about your post is that Trump may still be the best option come election time.
Post 428 IP   flag post
Maybe if we are all really well behaved during the crisis, Jesse will reward us with a Politics Sparring thread for Oct only.
Post 429 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
given it once again has become political guess also this thread will be shut down

same ppl really ought to unite instead of continuing with the path of splitting society

Well said @poka
It's going to start feeling like Groundhog Day for most of us. We are going to get restless and agitated. My guess is that eliminating politics will play a big role in coming out of it.

Speaking of Groundhog Day, Edge of Tomorrow is also a great film, unless you don't like Tom Cruise (you should all be used to me going off topic by now).
Post 430 IP   flag post

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
@Tedsaid the scariest part about your post is that Trump may still be the best option come election time.

Really? Oh, boy, that is so not true. The best choice? Not even close, I'm afraid. Thousands of people will likely die because of him, because he doesn't understand what he is doing or the world around him.

You must know, Clinton would not have ignored the warning signs of a pandemic. Intelligence and experience was her great strength. She wouldn't have disbanded the government office tasked with fighting an outbreak, or pretended it wasn't happening at all. She would have understood very early on what was going on, and listened to the experts, as she has done throughout her career.

This is her, almost three weeks ago: “This is something that you can’t just insult or pretend it’s a hoax, despite how hard he’s trying. You really do have to listen to people who actually know something. There’s a terrible shortage of testing kits. They need to make sure that state and local health departments and governors and mayors and others have the resources they need with hospitalization, so there’s a lot of work to be done.”

If only somebody in the Federal government had listened then.

And by the way, I noticed a few people praising Trump's travel ban to and from China as a super effective step towards slowing the pandemic. Well, no ... that is not the recommended step to take, according to the experts. First of all, health screenings are not perfect; especially if symptoms are slow to emerge. Further, travel bans simply give people motivation to hide their symptoms, so that they can come home. And then they are slow to report getting worse, for fear of looking bad. It's human nature.

I wonder, perhaps Trump was so quick to dismiss this crisis as a partisan hoax, precisely because that's what he did five years ago, perpetrating a partisan hoax about a health crisis? "When the Liberian man Thomas Eric Duncan was diagnosed with Ebola in Dallas, Trump tweeted that “IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE.” He repeatedly called for stopping all air traffic to and from the outbreak zone. He called Barack Obama a “psycho” for not enacting such a ban and “dumb” for deploying thousands of troops—a move that was important in stemming the outbreak. He spread misinformation about how contagious Ebola is and stoked fears that it could easily spread."
Post 431 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I understand the sentiment. But, in fact, it is imperative that we are honest about the aggravating factors of this crisis. We have to disallow gaslighting and the rewriting of history, if we don't want this to happen again, in some other domain. We have to insist that the people who screw up are held accountable. If for no other reason than to correct their errors as quickly as possible.

Sean Hannity is already saying he never called the coronavirus a hoax. Trump is already saying he bears zero responsibility for the bungled federal response. This isn't acceptable. They are still making mistakes. Just a few days ago, Trump told state governors that they need to try to get crucial supplies and materials on their own. Then the federal government bid against the states for some of those very same supplies. It is an insane, every-man-for-himself attitude that should be anathema to the federal government's response to the states.

If Trump doesn't believe he's made mistakes, then, by definition, he won't fix anything that he is doing poorly. If it's not his fault, then it also isn't his responsibility. Even when - or especially when - it actually is.
Post 432 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Speaking of Groundhog Day, Edge of Tomorrow is also a great film, unless you don't like Tom Cruise (you should all be used to me going off topic by now).

It absolutely was. Terrible title, but a great movie.
Post 433 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
The President is doing a great job and has my full support. Either help support him and the country or STFU
Post 434 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

I understand the sentiment. But, in fact, it is imperative that we are honest about the aggravating factors of this crisis. We have to disallow gaslighting and the rewriting of history, if we don't want this to happen again, in some other domain. We have to insist that the people who screw up are held accountable. If for no other reason than to correct their errors as quickly as possible.

Sean Hannity is already saying he never called the coronavirus a hoax. Trump is already saying he bears zero responsibility for the bungled federal response. This isn't acceptable. They are still making mistakes. Just a few days ago, Trump told state governors that they need to try to get crucial supplies and materials on their own. Then the federal government bid against the states for some of those very same supplies. It is an insane, every-man-for-himself attitude that should be anathema to the federal government's response to the states.

If Trump doesn't believe he's made mistakes, then, by definition, he won't fix anything that he is doing poorly. If it's not his fault, then it also isn't his responsibility. Even when - or especially when - it actually is.

SO Much this....silencing people and refusing to discuss issues is exactly how we as a world got to be underneath this toilet seat rather than above it. We either learn from our mistakes today or we are doomed to repeat them tomorrow..doing so is not "splitting society" ...it is called accountability. Without it, there will be a next time and a next, each with more disastrous results.
The united states is founded on the concept of free speech, and the idea that the government is there to promote the security and freedom of the commonwealth...when it fails, it needs fixed.
Post 435 IP   flag post

This is my past, current and future mental state due to being heavily medicated. You may see me ranting some political nonsense in the near future but I hope to do a better job controlling it since although I have my opinions I'm not nearly educated enough to be partaking in these types of discussions.
Post 436 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
The President is doing a great job and has my full support. Either help support him and the country or STFU

So much for freedom of speech
Post 437 IP   flag post
"The bright spot in all this is that it's probably HIS final coffin nail! I'll take a Pandemic any day over another term of tRump."
My neighbor posted this on Facebook, as she sits at home and collects her full paycheck with no possibility of losing a penny. She and her husband previously left their $1 million house each day to be high school teachers in a poor area, so they are really good people. Both are heads of their departments, so they are really respectable. They support Bernie Sanders, so they have really good hearts. It does make me wonder though, did encourage her students to be careful...or did she encourage them to get out there and congregate to help the "Beat Trump" cause?
Post 438 IP   flag post
If she is a real teacher she taught them how to think for themselves rather than what they should think. ...if more of that happened less of this would happen
Post 439 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
and that boys and girls is how dictators get their power
Post 440 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town you can have all the free speech you want - but this is a comic forum - not a politics discussion forum -

move on everyone - keep politics out of here!
Post 441 IP   flag post
Corona virus isnt comic books .and the issues that surround it are deeply political. ..perhaps people need to discuss them ya know? But sure...no problem .I definitely agree with your right to tell everyone else what they can do....
Post 442 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town This is not the forum to discuss political issues.

This is a comic book forum where we are sharing information about the virus in an off topic thread.

By dragging politics into this thread you are violating the rules of the CBCS forum, annoying people that did not come here for political discussions, and putting this thread at risk for being shut down.

You can talk politics all you want, just take it somewhere else.
Post 443 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@poka and you'd think with the numerous thread locks the point of "no politics" would get across to people.
Post 444 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user

Post 445 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
This is the biggest issue to to hit mankind as a whole since WW2. Certainly exceptions are made, as long as people are respectful towards one another.
Post 446 IP   flag post
Over at the other locked Virus thread, @KaptainMyke said it best and I quote: "...This is the VIRUS thread. Shut up already. Some of you have the biggest chips on your shoulders. NO ONE CARES.
Post 447 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:

This is a comic book forum where we are sharing information about the virus in an off topic thread.

By dragging politics into this thread you are violating the rules of the CBCS forum, annoying people that did not come here for political discussions, and putting this thread at risk for being shut down.

You sir are not an admin, so get off my back and take your censorship with you. I drug nothing into this topic that wasn't already present before I commented.
Post 448 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haljordanfan
This is the biggest issue to to hit mankind as a whole since WW2. Certainly exceptions are made, as long as people are respectful towards one another.
Right...while some are whining about people having an open and honest discussion about perhaps the biggest issue to happen in our livetimes, many americans will spend today burying their loved ones...let that sink in ….cause once its someone you love or know I think your whole attitude will do a quick turn .
Post 449 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Quote:

You sir are not an admin, so get off my back and take your censorship with you. I drug nothing into this topic that wasn't already present before I commented.

When this thread gets locked, just remember that I told you so.
Post 450 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
I used a whole can of Lysol yesterday at work. I sprayed everything down multiple times. I don't know if I was doing any good, but it helped ease my stress a little.
Post 451 IP   flag post
uhhuh you told me, you can blame me if you choose even..but the politics weren't mine...in fact if you read back through the entire thread you will notice the first political theme post was made by Captain Canuck regarding the group of ten in a picture at the trump announcement......politics has been in this thread ever since as well....but you choose me and now to place blame. Knock it off
Post 452 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
I used a whole can of Lysol yesterday at work. I sprayed everything down multiple times. I don't know if I was doing any good, but it helped ease my stress a little.
been doing the same thing, and it does make you feel better....
Post 453 IP   flag post
...and still, no one cares...ugh!
Post 454 IP   flag post
yeah me either..ugh
Post 455 IP   flag post
601434 679 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.