Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

Frank Brunner Art11391

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Got this from Facebook.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
😮
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - Here’s the published form. It’s a lot more affordable!

Post 3 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
well shoot the original looks more detailed without all those dark hues and colors that's a brilliant piece
Post 4 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Here’s the published form. It’s a lot more affordable!

True, but not NEARLY as cool looking, Ed. 🙂
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector ComicConnoisseur private msg quote post Address this user
What a great artist Frank Brunner is, plus very underrated.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
What an amazing piece of art. I wonder who the inker was?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafel
What an amazing piece of art. I wonder who the inker was?

I thought that was an excellent question!!! So I asked on the Frank Brunner & Friends Facebook page. It was penciled and inked totally by Frank Brunner, Mind you, he did use zipatone which was normal to do back then.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
zipatone

WOW!! Jesse you are the man. I didn't know what "zipatone" was so I looked it up. Very interesting that he was the artist AND inker. I wonder if he did it that way to get paid for both or if he didn't trust the inkers with his work. Either way he did a fantastic job!! Thank you Jesse.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Rafel part of the reason I like to collect older original art is just to see the pencil or pen marks and the different things they did to produce the pages. The first time I saw zipatone being used, it amazed me. Such a simple solution for something that is tedious and time consuming.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I took a Cartography course in grad-school in the early 1980’s. We learned how to use Rapidograph pens and about various shading techniques. To save time shading large areas, instead of hand-shading (very difficult to perfectly space dots or hash lines) you could cut out pre-made designs called Zipatone. I remember that you needed a steady hand with an X-Acto knife to try to cut out the design to fit perfectly in the space you wanted, and applying it wasn’t easy either. Those experiences make me appreciate this artwork even more. And I also agree the original drawing is more dramatic and appealing than the published colored image.
Post 11 IP   flag post
598062 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?