Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeQuestions

Favorite Comic Story/Arc?1139

Collector Alexsolo private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, I'm wondering what everyone's favorite comic arc, run, series are!
My favorite series of all time is Geoff John's run of Green Lantern (the new 52 run) #20 is one of my favorite comics of all time.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I liked Killing Joke, Ten Nights of the Beast, FF 25 and 26, FF 48 and 49, and The Dark Knight Returns. But my all time favorite is DareDevil #7 from the 60's. DD vs Submariner. I loved how it ended.

Oh, I also liked The Death of Captain Marvel. I think it is Marvel Superheroes #12.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector stophmaster private msg quote post Address this user
The Miller/Janson Daredevil series is one of the all time best, with the Punisher/Elektra story arc being the zenith of that run.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
The Death of Captain Marvel definitely hit home. That was an amazing story.
Other arcs or books that have stuck with me over time would probably be:
Dark Knight Returns
Batman: The Long Halloween
Transformers Generation 2 #1-12. Furman knew he only had 12 issues to work with and didn't waste any of it.
X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills
X-Men: Days of Future Past. Two issues that shaped so much of the X-universe until Marvel crapped on it.
X-Men: Dark Phoenix Saga
Don't remember the Amazing Spider-Man issues, but the story was "The Boy Who Collected Spider-Man".
ASM #328 because it was the first comic I ever read and still have it in it's raggedy glory.
Kraven's Last Hunt
Punisher: Welcome Back, Frank
I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that come to mind. Once I finish my Miller DD run, I will sit down to read that.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Kingdom Come is by FAR my favorite comic book story. Honorable mention is The Annihilation Saga, that story is so good if you haven't read it, shame on you.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Resurrection private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexsolo
Hey guys, I'm wondering what everyone's favorite comic arc, run, series are!
My favorite series of all time is Geoff John's run of Green Lantern (the new 52 run) #20 is one of my favorite comics of all time.
Heck that's another good one, but would dare say his Green Lantern: Rebirth was better.
Post 6 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR conditionfreak private msg quote post Address this user
I bought all of the Swamp Thing issues (reader copies) two years ago, and have not got around to reading any of them yet. But I have been told that it will probably become one of my favorites. Especially starting with issue 20 and on. I hope to read them when winter arrives.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Maverick private msg quote post Address this user
Not even a huge DC fan but the art is what grabbed me as a kid and the story was even better as I got old enough to appreciate it.

Post 8 IP   flag post
@Resurrection That's the first story Geoff did for Green Lantern, it started off his GL run and it was one of the first GL comics I read. But the ending in New 52 was just too good, so I'd have to say Rebirth is a strong runner up!
Post 9 IP   flag post
@conditionfreak I bought the Animal Man issues and I've heard positive things, I'm missing a couple here and there, but once I finish it up I'll make sure to read em.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector samediarchon private msg quote post Address this user
Miller Daredevil
Moore Swamp Thing
Byrne Fantastic Four
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
So many it's difficult to limit it to one, as all my favorites depend on my 'mood'.
The first that comes to mind is my favorite run from my younger years. The Jim Shooter(Perez, Michelinie), Sal Buscema/George Perez/John Byrne/Dave Wenzel, Pablo Marcos, run on The Avengers #158 - #177, which includes the Graviton, Count Nefaria, and Korvac story arcs.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Robots_One private msg quote post Address this user
Black Mirror (Detective Comics) Snyder is one of my favorites of all time
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Jayzer private msg quote post Address this user
The killing joke and Knightfall. Also, Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Joshua373 private msg quote post Address this user
In recent years my favorite would be brudabaker and epting ' s run on captian America with the winter soilder , death of cap, and new cap. Great run.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Deadpoolica private msg quote post Address this user
Under the Red Hood
Hush
Court of Owls
Dark Phoenix Saga
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
In no particular order:

Second Coming
The Hulk Crossroads story arc
Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars (the first series)
Planet Hulk
Miller's Daredevil run
X-Factor v3
David Michelinie's run on ASM
Captain America (the) Scourge story arc
NYX v1
X-23 v1
Death of Superman
Superman/Doomsday
Silver Surfer v.1 #5
Revival
Echo
Rachel Rising
Strange Girl
Mara

And many more
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector roarzola private msg quote post Address this user
Witch Doctor by Image- I love this story so much. If you are fan of Lovecraft it is a must read.

Dark Knight Returns- I read this at least once a year

Watchman- read at least once a year.

Godzilla-Gangsters and Goliaths - most of the Godzlla stories have the human side written poorly but this one does a great job of putting the human side first and the monsters second.

Marshall Law- the art is vile and it makes fun of heroes. Great stuff.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Despain private msg quote post Address this user
I've been reading comics since 1986. I'm a huge Wolverine fan. I know that Old Man Logan is heavily inspired by The Dark Knight Returns and maybe Clint Eastwood's "Unforgiven," but I really enjoy the 2009 Old Man Logan story. Of course, I'm also a huge fan of the 1982 Wolverine limited series. The Proteus storyline from X-Men is also a gem.
Post 19 IP   flag post
600646 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?