Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Modern AgeQuestions

Completed Email.1138

Collector therandyrobbins private msg quote post Address this user

Got this email on Aug.31, how long it it usually till they ship. Also on my dashboard it never said it was being graded or now that it's completed it still just says processing. It this how it normally goes? Thanks everyone.
Post 1 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
A week or so
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I just wish we got the grades uploaded online once grading is done instead of after shipping. I know what my books look like, so there is no rush to see them encapsulated, but what I really want to know are my grades.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Gwenlocke_Variant private msg quote post Address this user
oh hey. i got the same email on the same date. this is killing me... my 1st submission is almost here. when do they put the grades up on recently graded?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector howardknoah private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlocke_Variant
oh hey. i got the same email on the same date. this is killing me... my 1st submission is almost here. when do they put the grades up on recently graded?
Grades don't show until they have physically shipped out.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by therandyrobbins
Got this email on Aug.31, how long it it usually till they ship. Also on my dashboard it never said it was being graded or now that it's completed it still just says processing. It this how it normally goes? Thanks everyone.

Heya.

They should physically ship out late this week or early next and you should get the shipped email the morning after they ship. Your grades will show up on your dashboard at this time, too.

To see the status change you actually have to navigate into the order to see the official status. If you look at your dashboard it will only state "processing". If you don't get any emails check your spam/ junk box to make sure they are not being filtered out.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Darkga that's how I feel, can't wait to see what it graded at. If it's not a 9.8 or 9.6 then they must be like super impossibly strict. Amazing Spiderman 300
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Darkga that's how I feel, can't wait to see what it graded at. If it's not a 9.8 or 9.6 then they must be like super impossibly strict. Amazing Spiderman 300

They are pretty strict, so don't get your hopes up. I just got two 9.6's and two 9.4's today on books I thought would be 9.8's.
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Strict is a good thing, otherwise they'd be handing out 10's like Halloween candy the way PGX does.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Got this email on Aug.31, how long it it usually till they ship.

I got the e-mail on September 2. Friday. Monday was Labor day. Also because of the storm.. eh..

I am headed out of town from Phoenix to Portland for Comicon on Thursday night so I won't be around when they probably arrive.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Hmm ... I have pretty much got the grades I was expecting both times I subbed.
Post 11 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Well I finally got one order of 30 on way back as of today so I can now see grades. Yee Haw! Just a heads up it sat in shipping for 3 weeks so just hurry up amd wait for the email that actually has tracking number that it is shipped. Then you can see grades.thats all I can tell ya about when you get them
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
Quote:

They are pretty strict, so don't get your hopes up. I just got two 9.6's and two 9.4's today on books I thought would be 9.8's.

No offense, but could it be they're pretty accurate?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector leesoul21 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Have to agree, but you gotta admit, when you do get that 9.8 or better that attention to every little detail makes you appreciate that book all the more. My first two submissions I had pegged, I'm talking "I KNOW THESE ARE 9.6 at worst" came back at 9.2 and 9.4. Looking at the notes I was amazed I missed the defects. More often then not, at least in my case, people don't scrutinize the backs as much as the sides and front of books. Second time around I got back 5 or 6 9.8s and I was doing cartwheels haha. Good luck to you both!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Quote:

It's both a blessing a curse. I don't mind strict grading for books I'm going to keep, but if CGC grades less strictly that means I'm leaving money on the table for books that I want to sell. There is a big price difference on a 9.8 vs a 9.6 for most books.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Darkga @leesoul21 have you guys watched "eta nick" and his grading videos on YouTube? It's a series of like 35 videos on grading.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I'll pay as much or more for cbcs 9.6 vs cgc 9.8. I respect the strict grading of cbcs in the market. BTW I just got 3 Goldkey #1's back in 9.8, and a whole bunch more Goldkey #1's back in 9.6 and 9.4, whoop whhop. Me be happy
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_SigS
Quote:
Quote:

It's both a blessing a curse. I don't mind strict grading for books I'm going to keep, but if CGC grades less strictly that means I'm leaving money on the table for books that I want to sell. There is a big price difference on a 9.8 vs a 9.6 for most books.

Let's hope they're not gift grading just to seduce CBCS slabbers to their side.
For me it's another reason to buy the book instead of the label. The 'big difference' you refer to is even bigger if that 9.8 is really a softly graded 9.4/9.6
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector leesoul21 private msg quote post Address this user
@therandyrobbins Oh yeah! Nice suggestion . I actually watched those several months back. I've learned a lot more about grading since those first submissions way back when. I think several others have already made a good point though, if we as collectors or sellers are constantly chasing 9.8 or better we're in for a lot of disappointments from time to time. @Darkga The price point shift from a 9.6 to a 9.8 is ridiculous sometimes right?
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leesoul21
@Darkga The price point shift from a 9.6 to a 9.8 is ridiculous sometimes right?

That's the biggest change I've had to adapt to since coming back to the hobby after a long break. It used to be that near mint was just near mint, none of this 9.8, 9.6, 9.4, 9.2, 9.0. If the difference was just 10% or something like that I could understand, but 50% drops in value between a 9.6 and 9.8 is crazy!
Post 20 IP   flag post

Got the email. Should be here Friday.
Post 21 IP   flag post

Got my email as well. Here is one of the 30 Goldkey #1's I'll be getting back soon.
Post 22 IP   flag post
597888 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?