Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionPop Culture

Farewell Max Von Sydow11374

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Reportedly, the iconic Actor passed away yesterday (March 8th) at the age of 90.

clickable text

What was your favorite Sydow role?
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Let his name be recorded in every place of honor.

Let him take the Law he served so well to those who have it not.

Let him be written in our hearts and our memories...

...forever

Post 2 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
I loved Max Von Sydow, my favorite role that he played was the older priest,Father Merrin, in the Exorcist. there where other movies of course where, his great acting shined like the king in Conan the Barbarian, Minority Report as Director Lamar Burgess. Again too many to mention but he was a fantastic actor. Sad to hear this, RIP.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I enjoyed him as Father Merrin in The Exorcist. R.I.P. Mr. Sydow, thanks for the memories!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Seventh Seal was a master piece - I remember watching that for the first time at a "art" type cinema in University - was great!!!

Also loved him in Dune!! and also Snow Falling on Cedars

Was always great - even to recognize his voice work with his distinct accent!

RIP
Post 5 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
What's really crazy is I watched "Needful Things" for the first time. On Saturday.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, how sad. He's been acting consistently since 1949 from TV to movies to video games. RIP Max Von Sydow.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
I just realized he was Emporer Ming in Flash Gordon!!! Wow he had a long and great career!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I just realized he was the voice of Vigo the Carpathian in Ghostbusters II !
Post 9 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Max von Sydow
From Wikipedia
clickable text
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I just realized he was Emporer Ming in Flash Gordon!!! Wow he had a long and great career!!

It's amazing how different we all look with a bald cap, crazy eyebrows and a fu manchu mustache, no?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector infinityG private msg quote post Address this user
RIP Max, one of the greatest of all time. MEEERRRRRRIN!!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Rest in Peace.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

Death to Ming?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Oh man..... I'm gonna miss that guy... RIP Max Von Sydow.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve always enjoyed his numerous roles throughout the years, but it wasn’t until I saw The Virgin Spring that really made me appreciate how much Mr. Van Sydow truly honed his craft of defining dynamic & rich characters. He breathed life into every role which made me care that much more about the person underneath. Tack för minnena. Vila i frid. 😔
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Rest In Peace Max.
Post 17 IP   flag post
600884 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?