Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Damn, that's my book!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector comicsforme private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like rats.Time to exterminate...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
CGC grader pre-check damage?

Edit: I kid because it's topical, not because I'm freaking out about that video.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@etapi65 lol!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock At the risk of sounding like a suck-up, as a customer of CBCS, I appreciate the fact that you, as "King" of the company, would point this out to potential customers. Even though you might lose a little money (because books such as this one might no longer get submitted), you still pointed this out and suggested that owners of such books not waste their money. Thanks. Seriously.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Broker1 private msg quote post Address this user
Wasn’t like that when I sent it in, I swear!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Why did Steve chew on that guys book?

Kidding!

Thanks for that heads up. I am guilty of not always checking the interior.

After seeing this, I will definitely be checking each time now.

On a totally unrelated note, if you’re grading a Demon #1 that looks like that on the interior, a wizard did it.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector classicaaron private msg quote post Address this user
wouldn't that book be worthless grading even if the pages weren't torn?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicaaron

x2
Post 11 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@sborock At the risk of sounding like a suck-up, as a customer of CBCS, I appreciate the fact that you, as "King" of the company, would point this out to potential customers. Even though you might lose a little money (because books such as this one might no longer get submitted), you still pointed this out and suggested that owners of such books not waste their money. Thanks. Seriously.

Our hobby should be all about each of us helping each other. I like making money, I hate taking money for something that should not have been submitted. You could be spending that money on comics.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Page count too!
Post 13 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Page count too!

YEP!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Page count too!

Unless you already know the book is missing a page and the book is still worth multiples of the cost of grading.
Post 15 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Our hobby should be all about each of us helping each other. I like making money, I hate taking money for something that should not have been submitted. You could be spending that money on comics.

I agree 100%. I just think that, especially with all the movie hype about this character and that character, so many people get into this hobby just to make a buck. It's nice to see someone in your position who still cares about the collectors and remembers that, at its root, comic collecting is still a hobby to be enjoyed.
Post 16 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock lol I thought it was gonna be a post about Steve finding a $100 bill in a book that someone neglected to remove
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
We should all take a page out of Steve's book.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by classicaaron
In the new to your collection or back from grading threads I notice a steady stream of books posted that are sent in for grade and slabbing that would be hard to justify....people apparently grade for many reasons and factors. Have to accept that despite some peoples attempts to suggest slabbing is only for the singular purpose of marketing, some people slab books because they choose too for other reasons....i.e display, having it more securely stored, for handling reasons etc.
I think basic ignorance probably plays a definite role as well...if you get bored look up any non-key silver age Daredevil, Thor, Avengers etc....in the CGC census and then go down to the lowest grades where that comic might be worth 15 dollars all in graded and notice the copies down there that people sent in and graded anyways....
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Darkseid_of_town
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Darkseid_of_town

I’m hoping there’s some sort of sentimental attachment here.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I stopped trying to understand why people slab and grade some books honestly. I do know that it is far more than price vs return that propels people to do things like that....much of it I think also falls into the wishful thinking or ignorance category.....in the facebook pages for collecting you see people sending in comics constantly to get slabbed and asking...what do you think of this? I keep the word Why? saved on copy and paste...
Post 22 IP   flag post
@Haljordanfan Nope, I just did it to annoy the “only certain books are worth getting slabbed” crowd

j/k, though that is a nice added benefit. It was (possibly) the first comic I ever bought. The other candidate was a back-issue so I’m not 100% sure which one it was
Post 23 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
the same reason why people collect 100 pairs of Nikes or Jordans. the same reason women collect purses and shoes. rich people collect cars and houses.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
you still pointed this out and suggested that owners of such books not waste their money

I didn’t see where Steve said he didn’t take the money and grade....

😉

Obviously everyone here knows you did the right thing...which is a sign of trust and a good thing!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Page count too!

Yeah don't be like me. My first green label

Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Part of the first group I ever submitted, years ago. Still made the mistake 3 more times. Not lately, though, still a cool cover.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Looks 9.8

Interior

Not worth submitting, waste of your money

OWNERS RESPONSE: It wasn't like that when I sent it to you!
Post 28 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock are you sure it wasn't one of the books cgc was riffing through at c2e2 https://www.facebook.com/1603660597/posts/10215589772729756/?d=n
Post 29 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user

this is on Facebook, I don't know how to transfer the video. Look it up. A spook on cgc counting pages of the Superman 1. Laughed my ass off
Post 30 IP   flag post
600644 32 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?