Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Will CBCS insert a COA into red Slab if I ask them to do it.
I have a book that I want to get VSP and have the COA inserted into the Slab.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
No, CBCS will not slab free-floating objects (coas, trading cards, 3D glasses, etc) with the book.

I just keep the CoA in the bag that the slab comes in. The static cling holds them together
Post 2 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Well RATS, but thank you for the answer.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
The RED LABEL is CBCS’s COA; if people do not accept it/cannot understand that, they shouldn’t be buying verified signatures. No other COA is required or valid, once slabbed. If it’s something unique like when Carl Barks was touring and selling off his PC, keep it; that, at least, is interesting.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@cyrano0521 Agreed...the red seal/label of approval trumps all other COA's.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Another thing that most people dont really understand is most COAS are practically worthless.

They state a signature is real etc etc...but what if it isn't? What recourse is laid out in case the signature cannot be established as genuine? In most cases companies that offer COA are long gone and forgotten before someone gets around to challenging a signature and the potential failure it could offer. The people signing the COA are likely people you have never heard of nor are likely to again.

If you want to see at least one example of this dynamic watch for when people submit the Jack Kirby signatures that were offered by Dynamic Forces. Each and every time someone on the board here has done so, the signature was unverifiable as Jack Kirby's. In all likelihood they were signed by his wife during a time when his own health was ailing and he wasn't likely to have signed them. Only going by the members here on the boards that have this experience it appears that no response is forthcoming, and Dynamic Forces is not apparently responding to questions regarding the issue . Pretty much a useless COA if there were ever one offered.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Just put the COA in the plastic bag with the slab, and you should be good to go.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Along with this same subject, let me ask you advice on this situation.
Before I did my homework, I sent a Deathlok #1 signed by Mike Perkins to CGC to be graded.
It came back with a green label stating "Mike Perkins written on cover in marker".
Should I send it into CBCS for a Red Label?

Interesting story to go along with this, Is that I sent in a Wynonna Earp #1 LA Premiere Edition with a signature on the cover and it came back with a Blue Label with "Name written of cover in Marker".

Thanks to all the responses. I am trying to learn and this is the best way.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
You can also use comicskins to slab them yourself and have the COA inside.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoes10
Before I did my homework, I sent a Deathlok #1 signed by Mike Perkins to CGC to be graded.
It came back with a green label stating "Mike Perkins written on cover in marker".

Interesting story to go along with this, Is that I sent in a Wynonna Earp #1 LA Premiere Edition with a signature on the cover and it came back with a Blue Label with "Name written of cover in Marker".

CGC does not verify witnesses their reps don’t witness. Unless it’s a really low grade copy signed books come back as green label “fake grades”.

If you know the signature is legit and it’s for the personal collection (PC) then there’s really no need to send it into CBCS for verification. But if you really want experts to tell you they believe it to be legit (nothing is 100%) and/or your plan is to sell it down the road then it might make sense to send it to cbcs for a red label.

But if you don’t know who wrote on the cover, then don’t send it in...you have to request the actual person’s signature you want verified....and they make not have it on file...so do some research there too.
Post 10 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Meh, not unless you are interested in selling it or just want rid of the Green Label of Death.
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I'm a fan of the red label, so I would send it in. But take the advice of @DrWatson and @Drogio if you feel the signature is real or will pass verification and you want to get rid of the green fake grade label. 🍻
Post 12 IP   flag post
601338 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?